Alamy End of Year video

For some reason Alamy never manages to get decent audio. At least this one was audible. I remember one with James West that had me putting my ear to my computer and playing it over and over. Not much content in this video. Interesting to hear that there will be changes in the search pages. That makes me nervous though because changes usually make things harder for me -- our current Image Manager being a prime example. Lots of moaning from me when that happened.

Paulette

I thought it was OK. Answered a concern on % changes Phewww, and James Allsworth answered a couple of other concerns and how they plan on moving forward with these in the new year.

On a personal note, Seasons greetings one and all. Onwards and upwards!!!!

Cheers and gone Shergar

Edited by Shergar
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

Don't you have ANY money to spend on a decent video ? you are supposed to be a mega company. Next time ask me and I will shoot it for you. Is a white background the best you can come up with ? It is Xmas . How about a  nice modern office setting with maybe a xmas  tree in the background. Go to the hairdressers and look as if you are important.  Have you never had any presentation training ? How about  a shirt and tie . Do you see politicians wearing a T shirt ?    Look the business.  Save the link on your own website not youtube. You do yourselves no favours.

Peter Phipp 

I wish I could give you more than 1 green to compensate the red one / having one as well / ...

2 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I felt that it was soft and lacking definition.😄

And maybe too many similars as well. 😎

The video was definitely lite on specifics, but a very nice group of people. I think that the the pandemic is wearing everyone out. Hopefully, more detailed responses to contributors' concerns will follow as things start to return to normal, whenever that might be.

• Like 1

Just now, John Mitchell said:

And maybe too many similars as well. 😎

The video was definitely lite on specifics, but a very nice group of people. I think that the the pandemic is wearing everyone out. Hopefully, more detailed responses to contributors' concerns will follow as things start to return to normal, whenever that might be.

That makes a lot of sense. Sorry.😂

Hmmm, "integration with other platforms". Wonder what that entails?

"we have no plans to alter commission rates". Political spiel? Matter of time, then?

(Both quotes from Emily Shelley)

Good to hear from James Allsworth that there is to be a dedicated infringements team and that there is to be a review of resolution of images available for download for certain licence terms.

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Good to hear from James Allsworth that there is to be a dedicated infringements team and that there is to be a review of resolution of images available for download for certain licence terms.

How can Alamy control infringements without recording the details of how clients are using images in the first place?

Alamy do not know the ISBN/ISSN numbers of images used in books/magazines. They have to use a special team to do research on this for DACs claims at high cost each year. 

Edited by geogphotos

52 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

How can Alamy control infringements without recording the details of how clients are using images in the first place?

Alamy do not know the ISBN/ISSN numbers of images used in books/magazines. They have to use a special team to do research on this for DACs claims at high cost each year. 

That is - frankly - ridiculous. ALAMY - ARE YOU LISTENING?! I will do the job for you - effectively, and at a cheap rate. I can work from home, if you like.

...put the nets up as well.

Edited by losdemas
grandma

1 minute ago, Alamy said:

That is also - frankly - factually incorrect.

As I mentioned in the vid, we’ll share more info when we can on this but I firmly believe the steps we are taking next year to tackle infringements is something to feel very positive about.

James A

Glad to hear it. Thank you.

You guys are a though crowd.

I for one found the video interesting and relevant.

Sur, there is a lot of other things I would love to know more about, but I still see this as a step in the right direction.

Have a good day, all.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Regis said:

You guys are a though crowd.

I for one found the video interesting and relevant.

Sur, there is a lot of other things I would love to know more about, but I still see this as a step in the right direction.

Have a good day, all.

Um. "though crowd"? Don't understand.

But, yes, Alamy are a step above other agencies. Few would listen, respond and share like this.

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1

Nothing about Live News.

Nothing about refunds.

Nothing about shockingly low fees.

Nothing about being able to opt out of Presentation.

Nothing about licence misuse.

Nothing about a bonus scheme.

However, there was plenty about Alamy's MD, which is completely irrelevant.  Very disappointing video...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Um. "though crowd"? Don't understand.

But, yes, Alamy are a step above other agencies. Few would listen, respond and share like this.

English is not my first language, sorry for the spelling mistake.

It should have been :

Tough instead of though...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Thanks for the video, Alamy.

A couple of questions from Emily's presentation:

- a new search facility and filters:   Which AIM fields will be included in the new search functionality? Particularly, which "Optional" fields? Categories? Location? Or some new fields? Contributors need lead time if we need to fill in new or unused fields.

- getting customers to commit to Alamy:  I can't think of a way to do this except through something like a subscription scheme. Is this what you mean?

thanks

Bill Kuta

• Alamy locked this topic
  • Alamy unlocked this topic