Alamy End of Year video

On 20/12/2020 at 02:34, Chuck Nacke said:

You are not very bright (just my opinion) and I am offended by your post.

If you could read in English and had an IQ above your shoe size, I assume that you

have very small feet and hands... you would understand that the reason that I write

about me is because I do not speak for all and only from my own experience.

P.S. the first and second sentences above are about YOU YOU YOU.

Chuck

Good for you, Chuck!!!

Case closed!

On 18/12/2020 at 19:00, Ognyan Yosifov said:

IF this is the recently advertised upcoming video, where the contributors' questions and opinions were needed, I have no words ....

Auful audio quality, to say the least...

Cheers!!!

I want to apologise to this forum community and to Alamy for my premature comment...

It was quite inappropriate!

I'm sorry! Stay safe!

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I want to apologise to this forum community and to Alamy for my premature comment...

It was quite inappropriate!

I'm sorry! Stay safe!

We're all human, Ognyan (sorry, I don't know if I've got your first name/family name the wrong way round) and we all make mistakes. Decent of you to aplogise.

Thanks Alamy. I thought the audio and video quality were pretty good! I remember when James West did a video dressed in rather everyday clothing people moaned about that looking unprofessional. Now still people are moaning about what I thought was a very professional production given the circumstances with COVID that we are all going through.

I do feel that Alamy needs to increase its advertising of itself, and maybe with the resources of PA Media behind them they now will be able to do this more effectively than in the past.

I am pleased to hear about the increased importance given to chasing unpaid image usage, though I do wonder, given the very small amounts of money involved in many image sales, whether this will be financially viable, so will wait to see what happens with this.

Interested to hear about changes to the search engine, though rather wary I am afraid. In the past when Alamy has made changes to the search engine this has too often lead to disastrous mistakes which have often needed to be reversed and have taken time to do so. Please Alamy try and do this right!!!

Good to hear no plans to further erode the % of profit transferred to the photographers.

These communications with us, the contributors are what I think makes Alamy rather different from other stock libraries. Thanks Emily for continuing them.

Meantime everyone, enjoy Christmas and keep safe and well.

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I'm sure most of us would wish for a whole lot more detail on several topics but this is a public forum. Let's hope some of the suggestions found fertile ground. Back in the day, I was very impressed by the couple of contributor gatherings in London I attended, but much has changed. I'm glad the  audio came across better; a little attention to lighting and camera work wouldn't go amiss. Not that hard, that's what some of us do!

I’m excited to hear that possibly the size of PU downloads may be addressed.  I do wish the refund time would be shortened. Upon download, I would think the buyer would know if the image was wanted or not. If not, it should be refused within a few days or a reasonable time for printing. 
An image used for a mug or a print, or whatever, that turns out badly probably is the fault of the printer, not the photographer. And the buyer still owns the product, whether they like it or not.

I remember ordering one of my images printed on a mug once. It didn’t turn out like I thought, partly from my not understanding how it would wrap around and partly the printer not making the best placement. I’m still drinking coffee from that mug many years later. The image itself printed well.
The photographer shouldn’t be penalized with refunds looong after the purchase for someone else’s poor judgment or mistakes in using the image.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I’m excited to hear that possibly the size of PU downloads may be addressed.  I do wish the refund time would be shortened. Upon download, I would think the buyer would know if the image was wanted or not. If not, it should be refused within a few days or a reasonable time for printing. 
An image used for a mug or a print, or whatever, that turns out badly probably is the fault of the printer, not the photographer. And the buyer still owns the product, whether they like it or not.

I remember ordering one of my images printed on a mug once. It didn’t turn out like I thought, partly from my not understanding how it would wrap around and partly the printer not making the best placement. I’m still drinking coffee from that mug many years later. The image itself printed well.
The photographer shouldn’t be penalized with refunds looong after the purchase for someone else’s poor judgment or mistakes in using the image.

+1

There are some positives here..

• An infringement team that has some 'teeth' and manages to get monies owed sounds good particularly if they pro-actively find the infringements as well rather than relying on contributors to find them.
  • Updating the website for buyers sounds positive.. a better buyer experience hopefully means more sales and so more money for us!
  • Video.. it will be nice if they do start accepting and selling video.
  • Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 16:50, Alamy said:
What a year 2020 has been! Check out our Alamy End of Year video featuring an update from Emily Shelley, Managing Director, Alan Capel, Operations Director and James Allsworth, Head of Content

Best wishes, 
Alamy

My research shows there are still plenty of magazines (print/online) in UK 

What is the Alamy marketing strategy toward this area?