October Challenge: ORANGE

Sybille Reuter

17 hours ago, NYCat said:

Yes. When the image is enlarged in the Alamy Image Manager (click on the + sign) you can right-click and get the little menu that allows copying of the URL. It's probably the same menu that Lars sees in his method. I do use Safari but I'm sure it works the same way in Firefox.

Paulette

Aha, I get it. I even tried the zooms to comp thing and now your post makes sense to me. 🙂👍

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Did you double click on your image after you saw it was squashed? That's where the little check box is. As I said, not many people are aware it's there.

You do have to turn back to the editor box first, because as long as that magnifying glass is active, there's nothing you can do, which is annoying, but that's the way it is. This has probably been done so that it looks and works the same in all browsers on all platforms.

Does anybody know where the help function of this forum app is? I seem to remember there has been one.

wim

I found it! Edit-double click on image - a new window with a checkbox appears. What's weird though, is my second poppy photo won't let me check the mark because it says the height is too tall for that photo. 🤷‍♀️  I fixed the other two, however.

13 hours ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Oh cool! Yeah it's for last resort (or what the insert button should do for us 😁)... If you want to try getting the link from the source after all - I just checked, in safari apparently you have to enable viewing source first. 

So you'd follow this: https://www.macintoshhowto.com/advanced/how-to-view-page-source.html

Then just command f for "pop-img", and voilà the url, and you should be able to click it too. 

But now really: 🐯🐹🍊🎃🍁

I tried that again and I did see a clickable address but it just took me to my preview page and when I copied it it wouldn't work for insert URL in the forum. I've made a note of the address you gave me before in case I need it.

Paulette

5 hours ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Hmmm... I'll check in safari from an iPad later, maybe the page is rendered differently based on device/OS... Maybe do a search for jpg? 

I'm not using an iPad. I still have the original one and hardly ever use it. I'm on a MacBook Air. Later when I have some time I'll look again. Maybe I missed something.

Paulette

13 hours ago, Sharon said:

Can anybody tell me why my images looked squashed?

Don't you looove pumpkin squash soup? 😂

I do! However:

Go back to your post; click edit; double click on an image; tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Do this for every image.

Done.

wim

51 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Don't you looove pumpkin squash soup? 😂

I do! However:

Go back to your post; click edit; double click on an image; tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.

Do this for every image.

Done.

wim

Ahh!.. the double click...thanks, wim! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Now we have this new Forum format, which is much narrower on most devices and displays, it's a good moment to point out the solution to images getting squished here.

You can only remedy this on your own images in your own post.

So if your images appear squished and you want to rectify that:

Go back to your original post.
Click Edit.
Double click on each image and tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.
Click save.
Done.

wim

52 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Now we have this new Forum format, which is much narrower on most devices and displays, it's a good moment to point out the solution to images getting squished here.

You can only remedy this on your own images in your own post.

So if your images appear squished and you want to rectify that:

Go back to your original post.
Click Edit.
Double click on each image and tick the box Keep original aspect ratio.
Click save.
Done.

wim

And don't forget if it does not work check the max limit in pixels on the sides. (length or height) and reduce appropriately.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Thanks 1