Jump to content

Can covid-19 disease outbreak influence photos sales worldwide?


Recommended Posts

 

1 hour ago, BobD said:

 

Typical response of a socialist. Cant abide anyone with a different viewpoint to their own so resort to insults and trying to shout down anyone with different views.

I am not intimidated by your insults and will respect your point of view.

This shows why there cannot be any sensible debate anymore. 

 

You talkin to me? Calling me a socialist? 🤣. If I was to pin myself anywhere on the political spectrum and that would be difficult, as it is a two dimensional construct, but I would be a little left of centre I guess. Educated left-leaning liberal perhaps but I would be an absolute hypocrite to call myself a socialist. However,  I do believe that governments should look after the basic needs of their citizens: basic housing, basic survival needs and healthcare at a minimum. 

 

I think if this entire converstation was to be judged by an independent and reasonably intelligent arbitrator, they would find that my statements are based on rationality and yours are based more on soundbites from the media and from your preferred politicians that you have managed to incorporate into your thinking and are happy to regurgitate as your own opinions. Marxists and anarchists praying for the collapse of the worlds economy (sic) indeed.

 

Since you were addressing that at me, I would like to clarify that I have not shouted at anyone here and I have simply argued my case that the UK government is wrong in its approach to managing Covid-19 in the population. My argument at its simplest is to follow WHO guidelines

 

Finally I don't expect to convince you of anything and this conversation is fundamentally futile. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

 

You talkin to me? Calling me a socialist? 🤣. If I was to pin myself anywhere on the political spectrum and that would be difficult, as it is a two dimensional construct, but I would be a little left of centre I guess. Educated left-leaning liberal perhaps but I would be an absolute hypocrite to call myself a socialist. However,  I do believe that governments should look after the basic needs of their citizens: basic housing, basic survival needs and healthcare at a minimum. 

 

I think if this entire converstation was to be judged by an independent and reasonably intelligent arbitrator, they would find that my statements are based on rationality and yours are based more on soundbites from the media and from your preferred politicians that you have managed to incorporate into your thinking and are happy to regurgitate as your own opinions. Marxists and anarchists praying for the collapse of the worlds economy (sic) indeed.

 

Since you were addressing that at me, I would like to clarify that I have not shouted at anyone here and I have simply argued my case that the UK government is wrong in its approach to managing Covid-19 in the population. My argument at its simplest is to follow WHO guidelines

 

Finally I don't expect to convince you of anything and this conversation is fundamentally futile. 

 

Once again rather than just put your point of view you resort to insults and insinuate that anyone who does not share your opinion is uneducated.

  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BobD said:

 

Once again rather than just put your point of view you resort to insults and insinuate that anyone who does not share your opinion is uneducated.

 

Incredible. Your ability to read between lines is truly incredible. I have no idea about your educational status and made no insinuations whatsoever about anybody's level of education. Perhaps you are thinking back to a long deleted post about the demographics of the 2016 referendum (let's avoid that) but I have never made any statements here about the demographics of those who support the government's approach ( a minority if not a tiny minority).  I was simply defending myself against the statements you made in the previous post. If you are insulted by anything I said, then perhaps you should read over your previous posts and think about what you have been saying. Anyway time to get on with the rest of my life. It might be shorter than I would wish. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

Incredible. Your ability to read between lines is truly incredible. I have no idea about your educational status and made no insinuations whatsoever about anybody's level of education. Perhaps you are thinking back to a long deleted post about the demographics of the 2016 referendum (let's avoid that) but I have never made any statements here about the demographics of those who support the government's approach ( a minority if not a tiny minority).  I was simply defending myself against the statements you made in the previous post. If you are insulted by anything I said, then perhaps you should read over your previous posts and think about what you have been saying. Anyway time to get on with the rest of my life. It might be shorter than I would wish. 

 

In spite of our disagreements I wish you well and say no more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BobD said:

 

In spite of our disagreements I wish you well and say no more.

 

That is fine. I wish you well too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MDM said:

You talkin to me? Calling me a socialist? 🤣.

Yes that was a rather odd left-field "accusation"- it wasn't something I personally would have concluded from the available information, even if it's not much of an insult these days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Yes that was a rather odd left-field "accusation"- it wasn't something I personally would have concluded from the available information, even if it's not much of an insult these days.

 

 

Yeah liberal vegetarian baby boomer would be more accurate 🤣

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Yes that was a rather odd left-field "accusation"- it wasn't something I personally would have concluded from the available information, even if it's not much of an insult these days.

 

 Are you trying to stir it all up again.

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sally R said:

Yes there were similar things on the TV news tonight, people saying how great it was they'd gotten through just before the the cut-off time, and yes it is good that we all be responsible (without panicking too). I hope you have some things you can do to keep occupied while in isolation. At least you can chat on the Alamy forum!

 

 

2 years, of images to go through from a Non Stock perspective....  A few Netflix series.....  and a new discovered addiction to the British quiz "Only Connect", which is all on Youtube, even though they list Getty as their source for stock images....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Had a rather nice Thai red curry today actually. I seem to be caught in the crossfire here.

 

Peace ✌️. I am going to use the time to cook more stuff from scratch if I do end up self-isolating. No run on lentils and brown rice around this way yet.

 

4 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Well, that's my packet of peanuts finished. Is it worth opening another?

 

Depends on how many you have got?

 

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

2 years, of images to go through from a Non Stock perspective....  A few Netflix series.....  and a new discovered addiction to the British quiz "Only Connect", which is all on Youtube, even though they list Getty as their source for stock images....

 

I recommend Fargo the series (3) as the best thing on Netflix if you haven't seen them or even if you have. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Had a rather nice Thai red curry today actually. I seem to be caught in the crossfire here.

 

I had a nice traditional English roast and am pleased to say the pub was as busy as usual. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sooth said:

Let's remember to distinguish between Chinese and Chinese government.  Referring to Chinese as a whole leads to prejudice and racism because your normal average people cannot distinguish between the two. Right now there has been increased tension, harassment, xenophobia, and  racist attacks against Asians all over the world blaming anybody of asian decent on this pandemic.  I myself have been on heightened alert.

 

THANK YOU.

I agree with you. It is the Chinese government I was referring to. SARS should have been a shot across the bow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

 

The latest news is that some fellow student's aunt took her to stay for a time being. That's very kind thing to do. 

 

I'm glad to hear that. It doesn't surprise me. People usually want to help in my experience.

 

Paulette

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

Peace ✌️. I am going to use the time to cook more stuff from scratch if I do end up self-isolating. No run on lentils and brown rice around this way yet.

 

 

Depends on how many you have got?

 

 

I recommend Fargo the series (3) as the best thing on Netflix if you haven't seen them or even if you have. 

 

 

thanks.  Fargo is on my list.  Have watched first few episodes, but then was in country it wasn't available.  It is in Canada, so good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

 

Well, that's my packet of peanuts finished. Is it worth opening another?

Nope .... you need a bucket of popcorn .... keep up John !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

thanks.  Fargo is on my list.  Have watched first few episodes, but then was in country it wasn't available.  It is in Canada, so good.  

 

Definitely a must see. The original movie is in my top 5 ever and the series is dare I say in the same league. I was reluctant to watch the series as I didn't think it would ever live up to the movie but it is true genius. Martin Freeman (English actor) is just superb in the first series. He does that Minnesota accent perfectly to my ears (a native might differ). 

 

Then there is Ozark (series 3 coming soon), Better Call Saul (new series currently), Breaking Bad and more, loads more. I don't know how I ever survived without these series. We recently subscribed to Amazon Prime on a deal as well for the Premier League football back in December and have decided to keep it. Happy self-isolation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MariaJ said:

 

Scientists are saying that the lockdowns came too late in Italy, they should have started much sooner to prevent such a spike in cases.  Learning from their mistakes, other countries are trying to take action sooner, rather than later, to flatten the curve of new cases so that health care systems don't get overwhelmed.   It's not just the elderly and medically vulnerable that should worry about this, but anyone who relies on getting medical care, whether it be required surgeries, monitoring chronic illnesses, cancer treatments, and so on will pay the costs if medical staff and hospital space are unavailable.

 

I've read that about 1 in 5 people need hospitalization from the virus, and of those, about a quarter need intensive care.  If we take serious measures to reduce the speed of transmission right now, those requiring serious medical care will have a chance of getting it.  Otherwise death rates will go up.

 

I don't see what Marxists and anarchists have to do with anything; this is about trying to save people's lives.

 

Yes, all this is becoming painfully clear. This morning, I was watching on TV the disturbing images of hundreds of people lining up at US airport. They're all jammed up against each other as they wait for hours (literally) for testing after having returned from Europe. This is absolutely the wrong thing to do. As one person in the queue said, "If we didn't have the virus when we got here, we probably have it now." It's becoming a ticking time bomb...

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

Definitely a must see. The original movie is in my top 5 ever and the series is dare I say in the same league. I was reluctant to watch the series as I didn't think it would ever live up to the movie but it is true genius. Martin Freeman (English actor) is just superb in the first series. He does that Minnesota accent perfectly to my ears (a native might differ). 

 

Then there is Ozark (series 3 coming soon), Better Call Saul (new series currently), Breaking Bad and more, loads more. I don't know how I ever survived without these series. We recently subscribed to Amazon Prime on a deal as well for the Premier League football back in December and have decided to keep it. Happy self-isolation.

 

 

:-).   Yeah, Fargo the movie has to be on top for me, so similar to you i am weary of the show,, but i'll start again.  BB done originally, up to date on Saul....  Interesting about Ozark, got to e.1 of season 2 i decided i was done with it....  maybe if i get bored..... on the comedy side, i loved The Good Place (stronger in season 1, 2), and now surprisingly engrossed in Bojack Horseman- way darker for an animation that i was expecting....  

 

If you have Prime to me Mrs.Maizel is a must..... i am thinking if we go on to have to keep away from eachother to get it to watch Fleabag, having seen a couple episode on a flight....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Yes, all this is becoming painfully clear. This morning, I was watching on TV the disturbing images of hundreds of people lining up at US airport. They're all jammed up against each other as they wait for hours (literally) for testing after having returned from Europe. This is absolutely the wrong thing to do. As one person in the queue said, "If we didn't have the virus when we got here, we probably have it now." This is absolutely the wrong thing to do. It's becoming a ticking time bomb...

 

 

the politics at play everywhere is crazy.....  the last thing i would ever thought i was going to be positive about are policies by La CAQ, the current Quebec government, but there level of pro-action and transparency on the crisis is really impressive.... in fact many journalists are doing the same... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

 

 

:-).   Yeah, Fargo the movie has to be on top for me, so similar to you i am weary of the show,, but i'll start again.  BB done originally, up to date on Saul....  Interesting about Ozark, got to e.1 of season 2 i decided i was done with it....  maybe if i get bored..... on the comedy side, i loved The Good Place (stronger in season 1, 2), and now surprisingly engrossed in Bojack Horseman- way darker for an animation that i was expecting....  

 

If you have Prime to me Mrs.Maizel is a must..... i am thinking if we go on to have to keep away from eachother to get it to watch Fleabag, having seen a couple episode on a flight....

 

Will check them out. I have not seen Fleabag but it gets amazingly good reviews as does Mrs Maizel which sounds great. Ozark is worth another go I think. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2020 at 21:35, Betty LaRue said:

Smartest thing anyone has said. Most people want to point fingers and blame. Blame the leaders, blame this person, this country, they should have done this sooner, they shoulda, shoulda. Then here comes politics.

And you have it right. Put the blame at the source. Wet markets. Obviously, China doesn’t care if their people get sick and die, so why would they care about the rest of the world?

 

Betty

Hopefully Alamy will close this thread soon so that we won't have to read such ignorant  comments from Mrs. 2nd amendment.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.