Can covid-19 disease outbreak influence photos sales worldwide?

2 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

To All,

I am often short with my responses on this forum, some may think it is rude, but that is not

my intent.

Right now I believe it is vitally important that all humans work together.  Who is to blame for

the current situation, virus, is not important.  To me this is a lot like Climate Change and if

all the humans on this planet do not work together, play together, well we are all doomed and

I will get to put my last roll of Kodachrome in my 1967 NIKON F,  but will not need to scan it.....

Chuck Nacke

That's right, Chuck.

"There are no nations; there are only nationalisms." -- I can't remember who said that, but it's the plain truth, and one we need to wake up to ASAP.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

Midway through the month and only two sales to report. Last month's payout was the lowest I've seen in a long while. Zooms have been better than my average by quite a margin, but buyers appear to be window shopping only. Given the size of the Alamy collection as compared to my modest portfolio I guess that my results are statistically irrelevant, but the signs are not good, dark clouds on the horizon, and now threats over incorrect labelling of photos - not sure I need any of the hassle. Motivation near zero....

My sales are good (10 so far this month), but zooms are definitely starting to dwindle. I'm going to try to get out and do some more documentation of what is going on locally regarding the pandemic, without deliberately putting myself in danger of course. That strikes me as one way of staying motivated.

• Love 2

On 18/03/2020 at 15:56, Betty LaRue said:

I understand where you are coming from, Michael. Sometimes the problem is people hurriedly write something and hit send without reading over what they wrote.

I do take issue though with your saying you’ve absorbed our culture somewhat. Yes, superficially, maybe. I say unless one is born in any country, you can’t. A person absorbs a culture as they grow up, react to what happens around them and understands how it personally affects their own life, according to one’s own station in life as a subject living in their own country. 

For instance, when I was 7, I lived on a farm for 18 months. A very short time in the roadmap of my life, but I absorbed the worry of weather affecting the wheat crop. We moved away, but forevermore I was tuned into the farming community and became distressed when I saw cracks in the ground during a drought, or when the price of various crops dropped below farmers being able to make a profit. All of that absorbed by a small child during the span of 7 and 8 years of age who was still playing with dolls.

You see things from a world view as a member of another country, and as a visitor, you see the superficial. You weren’t here during the wars, the marches for equality, the Vietnam protests. You didn’t live it, or feel how those things affected different people. I respectfully suggest unless you have a dog in the hunt, you can never have a true understanding.

For instance, I have read about the potato famine. The distress I felt reading about it in no way allows me to truly understand how it felt to live through it.
Your relatives here are only that. Their lives, their experience. We’re they born here? Did they grow up here? Even if they were, each person is shaped by their own experiences, not by what uncle Dan’s experiences were/are.

I agree, enough said.

Betty

I wrote a response to this but then I decided it was pointless as what you wrote almost completely fails to understand most of what I wrote in my previous post. I was mainly trying to get across the point that the influence of America extends globally, hence the interest in what America does and who is ruling the country. 

Wrapping this up I should say (for what it is worth and being unsure of the relevance to the global influence of America, but it appears that you place some weight on this), that all the American relatives I referred to are American-born and bred, in some cases going back generations. The ones I know personally were born and live around the Providence and Boston areas. I did spend a bit of time around there a long time back which is the only reason I mentioned it.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Substantially less view than normal in the last couple of days which if the numbers are right must reflect the effects of Covid19

Kumar

Same here.  I can’t imagine this pandemic won’t have some sort of an impact on stock sales. So difficult to do so many businesses and non news publishing has been crippled at best.

This is the first time in a very long time I have zero zooms for the rolling week. 10 or so days ago, my zooms were healthy. Goes to show things can tank quickly. 
I’m absolutely not stressing about it because I expected it, and believe stock will eventually get better. It’s just a matter of time.

Betty

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Fewer zooms here as well (only one new one yesterday) and my CTR graph is heading downhill. However, sales are still trickling in -- a mid $$ one was invoiced today. We'll no doubt be feeling the impact even more in weeks ahead.

my CTR is in line with last 6 months, because i had a few Zoom to start the month, and now my views are so low, they don't have much impact down

10 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Fewer zooms here as well (only one new one yesterday) and my CTR graph is heading downhill. However, sales are still trickling in -- a mid $$ one was invoiced today. We'll no doubt be feeling the impact even more in weeks ahead.

My zooms have been very healthy for the last few months, with CTR consistently well above average. Sales are a bit slower than last year but there's still a steady trickle.

Alan

• Love 1

On 14/03/2020 at 07:33, Martyn said:

I don't use travel agents myself as I always book the flights and accommodation myself but I would have thought the same rules would apply regarding flights booked via a travel agency in that if your destination goes on lockdown or the airline cancels the flight, they will offer you an alternative flight at a later date at no extra cost or a full refund. I would contact your insurance company first as they will know the exact legal position and wether the travel agency is correct in charging you an extra fee or wether they are pulling a fast one in view of the disastrous season ahead ...

Yes they refunded me because of gov advice not to travel to manila phil. but rebooked us for November with another airline for little extra cost and certainly not £200 for each FLIGHT. We could have rebooked with the same airline for no extra up to June 30 but it's now too soon with the rapidly worsening conditions. When the gov advises against travel to a certain country travel insurance can become invalid so agencies have to either refund you or re-book

• Love 1
  • Like 1