June 2019 Favourite Uploads

17 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sure, everyone's got one of these, and I haven't had a zoom on Venice this year, but who cares, Venice is great.

basilica-of-san-marco-at-night-st-marks-square-san-marco-venice-veneto-italy-TD9348.jpg

Must agree with your sentiment. Spent a great week there with my wife and daughter back in the early 90's. Actually we were on a two week break, the other week being spent around Riva del Garda and trips into the mountains.

Allan

On 19/06/2019 at 11:50, Ed Rooney said:

Andy, these days if they don't have a lift I stay on at ground level. Here's one of the many very good buskers I've heard here in Galway:

TW48KX.jpg

Pleased that you're enjoying your new surroundings!

Edited by Eden
figuring out how to comment

10 hours ago, Regis said:

A typical Australian shed roof made of corrugated iron, with a lot of copy space.

tin-roof-made-of-corrugated-iron-TWJET2.

I note that Alamy has made full use of copy space.😂

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 2

The Trials of Cato band busking in Cambridge.

TWGAHF.jpg

Doorman in front of The Varsity Hotel & Spa.

TW2E9N.jpg

Couple taking selfies in front of Kings college Cambridge.

TW2E35.jpg

Junction of A14 and A10 near Milton.

TRMH6X.jpg

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The cats and an older photo that I had to rework, part of a series on a shop that repaired church and cathedral clocks in Nicaragua. 

TRFPX3.jpg
To share or not to share the good stuff.  Maude and Belle both want the canned food.

TRFPTH.jpg
German who runs a clock repair shop for large clocks holds the hands for one of the clocks being repaired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davey Towers said:

This one sold a few days after uploading it :}

TRB2PE.jpg

Nice one, well done.

Allan

We're recently back from a dive trip to Bali, where I spent many many hours exploring a lot of "barren" sandy areas. Wow....so many good things to photograph, but oh so difficult. We were located right in front of Mt Agung, which has been erupting on and off for nearly 2 years. And as we travelled right at the end of the wet season, the volcanic ash had washed into the ocean and formed a thick "talc like" coating on top of the sand. The slightest fin kick wrong stirred it right up, and the goatfish, rays etc that feed in the area really made photography very difficult.

I've just processed and loaded the first 20 images. Here's 2 favourites. Although I did feel very sorry for the poor fish held in the lizardfish's mouth...it was struggling to get away.....but was soon to be dinner.

blackblotch-lizardfish-synodus-jaculum-has-caught-a-fish-and-holds-it-in-mouth-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-TWNADT.jpg

bubble-stromb-or-bubble-conch-euprotomus-bulla-previously-strombus-bulla-and-lambis-bulla-showing-the-eyes-and-radula-tulamben-bali-indonesia-TWNAER.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There may be an interesting story behind this. I was tempted to caption it, “Meet me at the corner of Michigan and Chestnut and bring the sh*t.”

man-talking-on-cell-phone-holding-bag-fu

Edited by TABan
  • Love 1

On 19/06/2019 at 10:50, Ed Rooney said:

Andy, these days if they don't have a lift I stay on at ground level. Here's one of the many very good buskers I've heard here in Galway:

TW48KX.jpg

I'm getting that way, Edo!!!

I lose what I write if I upload more than two pix at once - hopefully third try is the charm:

Seeing these brings back good memories too. It's a fun city. 

Ironically, I'd uploaded these with some daytime shots taken at ISO 100, and one of those got me my first fail in quite a few years. These sailed through on their own (on my second try without the ISO 100 pix) with no problem. 

The Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) with purple lights lit up at night. Built in 1977, it reopened in 2018 after renovations. Stock Photo

Fourth Street Live! a Louisville, Kentucky dining and entertainment destination on the famous Bourbon Trail. - Stock Image

Edited by Marianne

On 16/06/2019 at 10:23, Lisa said:

Hula bobblehead in a grass skirt playing the ukulele while driving in Kaneohe, Hawaii on Oahu

- Image ID: S2PN79

hula-bobblehead-in-a-grass-skirt-playing

driving-down-a-road-in-kaneohe-hawaii-on

My bobble head made the Grid of Greatness on Twitter...

Stockimo Twitter

• Love 2