Images Sold in May 2019 (one per day)

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This looks like the 70s, Bill. Am I right? The center guy’s haircut...longer sideburns on others...what looks like a silk-ish print shirt on the right, screams “disco years” to me. Or Sonny and Cher days. Wonder what kind of camera is hanging from the neck of the silk-shirt guy? Polaroid? Surely not in that venue.

Yes Betty, mid 1970's. I sometimes dress retro like that today, but only in the privacy of my bathroom.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

28 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

Here is my position on this burning confusing issue.

If people or property, like Disney, are featured in your image and you do not have releases, then go to the optional page in Alamy Image Manager. Check the "sell for editorial only" box, if the image is either RF or RM 

You need releases to sell a RM or RF image, featuring people or property, for anything other than editorial.

However I am not a lawyer and the business legality of releases  changes over time.

Yes of course, that's standard, but Disney's Ts & Cs are pretty strict from memory bearing in mind I paid to get in and would be deemed to have agreed to them.

19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This looks like the 70s, Bill. Am I right? The center guy’s haircut...longer sideburns on others...what looks like a silk-ish print shirt on the right, screams “disco years” to me. Or Sonny and Cher days. Wonder what kind of camera is hanging from the neck of the silk-shirt guy? Polaroid? Surely not in that venue.

This could be Bill circa 1975. 😄

6 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

Yes Betty, mid 1970's. I sometimes dress retro like that today, but only in the privacy of my bathroom.

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

Lovely song, Bill.

I had some lovely satin milk-chocolate-colored disco pants that I won a dance contest in.  😂 I was quite fluid back in the day. Ah,ah,ah,ah...stayin’ alive.....☝️💃🕺Funny thing...my husband and dance partner was stiff as a board. But I won, not as a couple. He was a nice foil, though. 😊 He made me look better than I was. He wore one of those satin print shirts.

Just under $$$.

skibbereen-west-cork-ireland-15th-apr-2019-much-of-ireland-is-currently-in-the-midst-of-a-status-orange-rainfall-warning-issued-by-met-ireann-a-car-races-through-a-spot-flood-on-the-n71-near-skibbereen-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-T4A1FR.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Start: 16 April 2019
End: 17 April 2019
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Virgin Trains Class 221 SuperVoyager passenger train. West Coast Mainline, Scout Green, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

- Image ID: E8459T

virgin-trains-class-221-supervoyager-passenger-train-west-coast-mainline-E8459T.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 28 April 2019
End: 28 April 2024
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Silver-studded blue butterfly on bell heather for almost $$$.

silver-studded-blue-butterfly-plebejus-argus-in-surrey-heathland-england-GC60BD.jpg

Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, cover and/or inside, repeat use within a single issue
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 28 May 2019
End: 28 May 2021

RF $$$ exclusive to Alamy 50% commission.

Maui, wall of ancient Polynesian fish pound.

If there was ever a straightforward editorial image in the land of spectacular beaches and sunsets this is it. Historic artifacts, and aboriginal cultures anywhere, always sell well.

ancient-kalepolepo-fishpond-at-kihei-on-

12 hours ago, Colblimp said:
Just under $$$.

skibbereen-west-cork-ireland-15th-apr-2019-much-of-ireland-is-currently-in-the-midst-of-a-status-orange-rainfall-warning-issued-by-met-ireann-a-car-races-through-a-spot-flood-on-the-n71-near-skibbereen-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-T4A1FR.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Start: 16 April 2019
End: 17 April 2019
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Looks like all that Irish rain is making you some decent money!

2 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Looks like all that Irish rain is making you some decent money!

It does from time to time, as does the sunshine, which happens very occasionally!

Two more dropped in this morning to make it 13 for the month.  Both were exactly the same price and usage, just under $$$ - here's one of them.

an-old-blue-austin-car-crosses-ballydehob-bridge-west-cork-ireland-HAGPJN.jpg

Usage: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use.front cover.One time use only
Start: 29 May 2019
End: 29 May 2026

One of two that dropped in together for lowish $$. Both RM images but basically given RF rights.

Usage: Magazine, website and/or e-newsletter, Use in a single article across e-newsletter, magazine, and/or editorial website
Media: Use in a single article across e-newsletter, magazine, and/or editorial website
Print run: Unlimited
Start: 28 May 2019
Duration: In perpetuity

nudibranch-hypselodoris-tryoni-with-emperor-shrimp-zenopontonia-rex-EJAN40.jpg

9 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Two more dropped in this morning to make it 13 for the month.  Both were exactly the same price and usage, just under $$$ - here's one of them.

an-old-blue-austin-car-crosses-ballydehob-bridge-west-cork-ireland-HAGPJN.jpg

Usage: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use.front cover.One time use only
Start: 29 May 2019
End: 29 May 2026

That counts as gridlock out where you live Andy.🤣

Shot as Live News, sold later as stock. One of 2 used in the Sun online.

T270PE.jpg

Media: Editorial website
Start: 14 April 2019
End: 14 April 2024
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Archived