Lack of zooms and sales since going exclusive

Just a quick poll, since going exclusive my zooms and sales seem to have come to a standstill just wondered if this is being seen generally, can anyone out there report good sales or at least normal since going exclusive. Conversely if you opted for 40% have your sales increased.

Virtually impossible to make a valid judgement on the small portfolio and number of sales I have, but for what it's worth....

Zooms have been in a slight but steady decline since May 2018 (was average 4.0 per week, now 2.19 per week). However there wad a very noticeable drop in zooms immediately after they tweaked the search ranking in late February 2019 (slight but noticeable changes to BHZ).   On sales, also for what it's worth, I have had three sales grossing $75 so far this month, against 4 sales grossing $55 all last month. As sales often take days, weeks or months to come through, it is certainly too soon to judge on exclusive/non-exclusive.  All my images on Alamy are exclusive and RM.  ETA: , Overall this year is better so far than last year March, so far, rates a ' fairly good.'

Jan. and Feb. were above average for both sales numbers and revenue. Things have slowed down in March but it should end up being an average month. Zooms have been holding steady.  It's much too early to gauge what effects, if any,  the recent changes are having IMO.

P.S. I'm about 90% "exclusive" (still not totally sure what that means).

sales have been a bit slow the last few months but thankfully, not many of the derisory dollar or two. Any tweeking of search engine seems to have an effect on CTR but how CTR works remains hard to figure. A reasonable level of zooms helps reduce the fear that the wheels are coming off. Fear that exclusive/non-exclusive might be having an effect sounds a bit like conspiracy thinking. You can ask, but don't expect an answer.

I have not been here long enough to give any comparisons but I have actually seen a big upturn in zooms this month - I have gone from 0 zooms in 8 months to 4 zooms in 1 month.  Everything is non-exclusive.

My zooms are up to what they used to be once upon a time. They were pretty bad in 2018. Sales are down, but the two that have sold this month have healthy prices resulting in more $$ than previous 5 or 6 added together.

Business completely as usual.

Just that last line today:

Other income   0.02    0.00    0.02

What the * ?

wim

Edit: OK I'll say it before anyone else comes up with this: it's just my two cents. Yes it is but why? where? who?

Brownie points? 🤷‍♂️

edit: so it may very well be my own 2 cts indeed. The cents some have been complaining about here.

still no more sales since August last year but had lots of zooms and views in the first two months this year....now very quiet indeed! not sure what significance that is since I still have a very small port.  Vast majority of my images are exclusive as well...but not sure if I will keep it that way anymore.

My zooms, which were slow the past few months, have gone up by leaps and bounds this month. I’ll see if they translate to sales down the road. Quite a few of the zooms were only of my image. I’m encouraged.

Betty

Archived