How was your September?

Basically James and another contributor said that if I already had experienced little success with my small portfolio there would be no reason to not expect more success if I added more of my images. And a few people mentioned my images are good. And James basically said he was hoping I would continue to work with Alamy. Which is a nice thing to say, I am sensitive to that kind of stuff. :)

Basically James and another contributor said that if I already had experienced little success with my small portfolio there would be no reason to expect more success if I added more of my images.

--and that was encouraging?

OK, I guess there is a "not" missing. :D

Yes, I see that now, there is a not missing, Thanks, edited

IMHO (what do I know :) ?!), your images are good/saleable on Alamy and I see no reason why your sales should not increase greatly with a larger portfolio.  This doesn't however alter the state of the industry or what the future may bring!  There are some totally contradictory results on this thread from valued and respected contributors with large portfolios and long-term experience in stock: David Kilpatrick is apparently having a rough time of things at present, while Jeff Greenberg is doing just fine (and he has voiced concerns recently).  Others have reported similar disparities: it seems that the steady boat for larger contributors isn't always so steady any more.

My personal view is that a steady flow of uploads at least offers those of us near the bottom of the pile the opportunity to be seen, as the 'New' button offers us the chance of getting zoomed on page one of search results - something which might otherwise rarely occur when competing with more than 40M other photos on board.  I know that this has benefited me and that (long-term) the effects will increase my CTR/zooms/sales and thus up my chances of being viewed/zoomed by dint of higher positions in Relevant search results (can't see me ever popping up in Creative!)

Stick around - at least till the red arrows disappear :D !

...oh, and good luck (to us all :) !)

• 2 years later...

I have about 500 pictures at Alamy and I was wondering, approximately, how much money should I expect to be making per month. If anyone could help me out with that...

I'm just curious, the answer doesn't have to be that precise. I just want to have an idea of how much to expect, after discounts and everything.

How to get sales for more then only few cents? 

Thanks

Hi Tiazeg

To be honest, with that number of images, which is actually relatively small, I would not expecting to make sales every month. More likely to be 0 - 5 sales per year, and Alamy will only pay out when you have more than $75 cleared in your account

Regards

Kumar

Wooow..... when i woke up this morning and went to the forum i tought 2016 was just a dream....

Lool, same here, with one eye still sleeping I was wondering what is the date today... Confused 102% :D

• 1 month later...

wow! this is very interesting topic... i was looking forward to everybodys statistics since 2013 September til now. Very interesting points of view here...

So, how is everybody doing since?

best

katie

Archived