21 minutes ago, gvallee said:

5 pets? You can only be a good man.

Sorry for the off-topic!

I refer to them as my hairy children, very proud of them all.

1. Female Chihuahua dog - Chloe. Best dog ever, with a preference for the wife.
  2. Female Bengal cat - Athena. Amazingly beautiful and a coat that is unbelievably soft, unreal. Born in our bathroom, lost her mummy and our beloved Caiua at 4-5 weeks due to veterinary incompetence/negligence. Best friend with/to my son.
  3. Young male Bengal cat - Titan. A complete "boy", with no limits and thoughts of injury to himself or property. A total daddy's boy. Bred for size (my sister is a breeder www.minileo.com) so should hit about 12kg.
  4. 2x female Degu (Octodon Degus) - Puff and Peach. Absolutely lovely little creatures with huge personalities. Clever little buggers and one of the very few animals that use tools (a rake or stick, for example, to retrieve hard to get food). Quite developed language and there are dictionaries so one can understand them (happy, hungry, groom me, acknowledgement, excited etc.). Should be my daughter's responsibility, but I'm a sucker for them and we hang out quite a bit.

Potentially bird(s) - son keeps going on about a budgie, but by law, they have to be at least a pair. Resisted so far - think the current setup is plenty.

3 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Sorry for the off-topic!

I refer to them as my hairy children, very proud of them all.

2x female Degu (Octodon Degus) - Puff and Peach. Absolutely lovely little creatures with huge personalities. Clever little buggers and one of the very few animals that use tools (a rake or stick, for example, to retrieve hard to get food). Quite developed language and there are dictionaries so one can understand them (happy, hungry, groom me, acknowledgement, excited etc.). Should be my daughter's responsibility, but I'm a sucker for them and we hang out quite a bit.

I had to look that one up, never heard of them before.

Anyway, my first sale - finally of the month - haven’t had to wait so long for a sale for a very long time. Less than $10  presentation use and not the best image either, taken from inside a minibus in Torres Del Paine with the guides getting all excited with their cameras and getting in the way of attempts by the group to try and get their own photos. The only bad word I will say against them as they were great otherwise.

black-chested-buzzard-eagle-southern-cre

mother-and-two-daughters-watch-the-sunse

RM $$

Usage: iQ sale:

Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years ; 

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ; 

Start: 18-February-2019 ; End: 18-February-2024

Region: UK

First one this month.  This was zoomed about two months ago.  Clearwater Beach, Florida.  I took this during a family beach photo session.

Rick

11 hours ago, Martin Carlsson said:

Intriguing image! Is it "real" or a composite?

Yes Martin, 100% real. Lots of shrimps and also fish act as cleaners. They happily go into ever orifice to do their job. Here's a couple of different ones for you.

Tomato Cod, or Tomato Grouper, Cephalopholis sonnerati, being cleaned by a Cleaner Shrimp Lysmata amboinensis. Stock PhotoTomato Cod, or Tomato grouper, Cephalopholis sonnerati, having teeth cleaned by a shrimp, Urocaridella antonbruunii Stock Photo

New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel. Great Langdale, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe. - Image ID: DG3AGC

new-dungeon-ghyll-hotel-great-langdale-lake-district-national-park-DG3AGC.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 19 February 2019
End: 19 February 2024

3 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Wonderful composition!

Thanks Cecile.  I had to really react FAST.  That "Pirate Ship" appeared quickly and was very fast.  I got one shot that worked.  This was the first one.  That ship moved so quickly none of the other shots I took worked out.  To top it off this shot was not set up for this pose originally.  I had to get them arranged and run behind them (shooting with a 105mm f2.8 lens) and lay in the sand!  :-)  

I'm glad it licensed.  The client didn't buy a print of it.  LOL

Rick

ARCH89 $$ RF Exclusive to Alamy. Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only.

An oldie but goodie scanned from film. 35 foot el nino surf on the North Shore of Oahu Hawaii. I was on Maui in 1998 and took a early morning flight over to Oahu to shoot a special high wave surfing competition. The high wave surfing competition was then called off at the last minute, because the surf was too high!!

Shot stock waves anyway, and over the years those stock images have paid for the cost of the extra Oahu flights, rental car, two meals, film, and my time, many times over.

Record high 35 foot surf due to El Nino on north shore of island of Oahu in the state of Hawaii USA Stock Photo

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Up to DPS, cover and inside.Repeat use within a single issue.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing Start: 18 February 2019 End: 18 February 2021
A badge on a red and white striped football shirt of Stoke City Football Club formerly of the English Premier League Stock Photo

The greatest football team in the world..........

Well maybe England, OK the Midlands - alright Stoke-on-Trent then!

John.

2 hours ago, Stokie said:

Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Up to DPS, cover and inside.Repeat use within a single issue.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing Start: 18 February 2019 End: 18 February 2021
A badge on a red and white striped football shirt of Stoke City Football Club formerly of the English Premier League Stock Photo

The greatest football team in the world..........

Well maybe England, OK the Midlands - alright Stoke-on-Trent then!

John.

What about the Vale?

21 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

ARCH89 $$ RF Exclusive to Alamy. Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only.

An oldie but goodie scanned from film. 35 foot el nino surf on the North Shore of Oahu Hawaii. I was on Maui in 1998 and took a early morning flight over to Oahu to shoot a special high wave surfing competition. The high wave surfing competition was then called off at the last minute, because the surf was too high!!

Shot stock waves anyway, and over the years those stock images have paid for the cost of the extra Oahu flights, rental car, two meals, film, and my time, many times over.

Record high 35 foot surf due to El Nino on north shore of island of Oahu in the state of Hawaii USA Stock Photo

Nice to read such great photo stories and that film times still do its job ;) 

BTW, espectacular image.

PY0CYW    $$$  Royalty-free, exclusive to Alamy so 50% royalty to me, 144 MB,  8688 x 5792 pixels

Indoor Commercial Décor use; Up to 10 Prints; Multiple locations; Lifetime of the Display rights included

Alamy sold 3 different images of mine today to the same client, all identical high price $$$, all same usage, all taken in same general area within 5 kilometers of my home making them cheap to do.  Hooray for Alamy. Great work Alamy.

Zeiss 28mm prime lens on full frame does a good job of controlling flare bunnies on this one.

Sandstone cliff of the Scarborough Bluffs an escarpment beside Lake Ontario in Toronto Ontario Canada Stock Photo

On 2/19/2019 at 02:58, Martin Carlsson said:

A "classic" that still, after 12 years, keeps selling regularly several times a year every year. This time as a time-limited worldwide RF sale for pretty bang on my average net price. 

• Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
  • Media: Website, app and social media.

sexy-red-leather-high-heels-stilettos-and-fishnet-stockings-isolated-FXM9K0.jpg

Martin:

I just upvoted your wife's legs. Photography not too bad as well.

Bill

42 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

First PU sale this month, full price ($19.99), OAOA (Only available on Alamy). Shall be keeping an eye out for this one.

Juice vendor in Guayaquil, Ecuador.

Wow, that photo brought back some memories of the wonderful juice bars in Ecuador!

You don't know the meaning of the word fresh unless you've had a vaso de jugo there.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Wow, that photo brought back some memories of the wonderful juice bars in Ecuador!

You don't know the meaning of the word fresh unless you've had a vaso de jugo there.

For sure, especially on the coast. Judging by the look on the señora's face, I think she felt I was a bit fresh snapping her picture. 

Archived