Wow. 22 sales showed up this morning. But 20 of them were unreported Sun uses I told Alamy about. Only two surprises therefore and this was one. This year’s Loony Dook at North Berwick. Have the news uses come in early?

north-berwick-east-lothian-scotland-unit

Second of 2019, mid/low $

ardingly-antiques-fair-west-sussex-engla

Ardingly antiques fair, West Sussex, UK

Usage: Presentation or newsletters,

Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 20 February 2019
End: 20 February 2024

Low $

crown-and-county-court-building-earl-street-stafford-D8EJNH.jpg

Crown and County court Stafford.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 26 January 2019
End: 27 January 2019
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Allan

14 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

PY0CYW    $$$  Royalty-free, exclusive to Alamy so 50% royalty to me, 144 MB,  8688 x 5792 pixels

Indoor Commercial Décor use; Up to 10 Prints; Multiple locations; Lifetime of the Display rights included

Alamy sold 3 different images of mine today to the same client, all identical high price $$$, all same usage, all taken in same general area within 5 kilometers of my home making them cheap to do.  Hooray for Alamy. Great work Alamy.

Zeiss 28mm prime lens on full frame does a good job of controlling flare bunnies on this one.

Sandstone cliff of the Scarborough Bluffs an escarpment beside Lake Ontario in Toronto Ontario Canada Stock Photo

Great job Bill, it confirms we don't need to travel a lot for high prices :)

17 hours ago, Sally said:

Wow. 22 sales showed up this morning. But 20 of them were unreported Sun uses I told Alamy about. Only two surprises therefore and this was one. This year’s Loony Dook at North Berwick. Have the news uses come in early?

north-berwick-east-lothian-scotland-unit

The Sun used 20 of your images without permission??! Is that "normal"?

Maybe that makes up for declining print sales.....

Steve

"A yellow bauble with a glitter star on a Christmas tree"

For those of you feeling nostalgic for the festive season. Wow, you too can sell Christmas baubles for $.......... One month license from 2019 to 2024??

Country: Worldwide. Usage: Editorial. Media: Editorial website. Industry sector: General business services. Image Size: Any size. Start: 01 January 2019. End: 01 January 2024. Germany, Web,One month, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

A yellow bauble with a glitter star on a Christmas tree Stock Photo

7 hours ago, Steve F said:

The Sun used 20 of your images without permission??! Is that "normal"?

Maybe that makes up for declining print sales.....

Steve

18 of them were Instagram uses. Kay Roxby recently alerted us to the fact that The Scottish Sun started using Alamy images on their Instagram site, and none of the images used during 2018 appeared to have been reported. Only a few bucks for each use, but they mount up. The other two were images of an Independence March in October. I do find that Live News uses often get missed, not only by The Sun. 

And a couple of other sales now; one is one of my earliest uploads. An RF sale (of which I don’t have many) for magazine use. Lowish $$. The other sale my lowest ever. After distribution fee I get less than $1

wild-crab-apples-malus-sylvestris-growin

So far, so good. I only have 2,100 images up, but I'm pleased to see sales beginning to come in. "Proof of concept" as a friend likes to say. The first image was originally shot for an editorial client, so this sale was gravy. A family member mocked the small fee for the Cheetos picture, but hey, I spent 10 minutes shooting it on my desk and then ate the Cheetos. It's ok. 

New York Mets Hall of Famer Cleon Jones paints a porch railing for a widow in his community, Nov. 21, 2018, in Mobile, Alabama. Stock Photo

ID - R588TN - New York Mets Hall of Famer Cleon Jones paints a porch railing for a widow in his community, Nov. 21, 2018, in Mobile, Ala. Jones, a native of Mobile, says he enjoys volunteering as a way to give back to the people who helped him when he was younger. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)

Usage: Editorial print and digital use. Any size.cover and inside.One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 15 February 2019
End: 15 February 2021

$$

A close view of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos reveals the spicy chili cheese powder seasoning that coats the puffed cornmeal snack. Stock Photo

ID - REHWG2 - A close view of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos reveals the spicy chili cheese powder seasoning that coats the puffed cornmeal snack and gives it the distinctive hotness that has a created a cult following. A janitor at Frito-Lay, Richard Montañez, pitched the idea to the company president, and the snacks were introduced to the public in 1992. Some schools have banned the snacks, saying they are unhealthy and may cause intestinal distress to children and other sensitive groups. (Photo by Carmen K. Sisson/Cloudybright)

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 21 February 2019
End: 21 February 2024

$

42 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I love your fish/animal images. But this one gave me the creeps! :D

Thank you Betty. These are Little Red Flying Foxes. They are cute but have taken over an entire park in town plus surrounding property gardens. The smell is overpowering. The Council has tried various tactics to make them move elsewhere. They partially succeeded when the colony briefly migrated to the next town, only to be given a hard time from said town for sending them...

Meanwhile in Cairns we also have a colony of Spectacled Fruit Bats in town centre. We had very high temperatures recently and the poor things were falling dead to the ground. The Council has installed water sprinkers that go off every 15mn to cool them down. However, a huge number have been lost and they have just been classified as a specie in danger.

Birmingham City University School of Fine Art, formerly home of the Birmingham School of Art. sold $$$

Birmingham City University School of Fine Art, formerly home of the Birmingham School of Art. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 19 February 2019
End: 19 February 2029
Licence covers all media worldwide for 10 years, multiple flashes within the same production

It's always a good feeling to license a pic that I consciously took with the editorial market in mind, otherwise boring in itself and boring to keyword. 

No doubt its use is to do with the Menindee Lakes drying up, which I could not foresee when I took it. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  

$$

HM42N0.jpg

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Betty. These are Little Red Flying Foxes. They are cute but have taken over an entire park in town plus surrounding property gardens. The smell is overpowering. The Council has tried various tactics to make them move elsewhere. They partially succeeded when the colony briefly migrated to the next town, only to be given a hard time from said town for sending them...

Meanwhile in Cairns we also have a colony of Spectacled Fruit Bats in town centre. We had very high temperatures recently and the poor things were falling dead to the ground. The Council has installed water sprinkers that go off every 15mn to cool them down. However, a huge number have been lost and they have just been classified as a specie in danger.

Very interesting background. That’s something that they gather in the middle of towns. I always thought they were found in caves like in my part of the country.  

I was sitting on a river bank fishing, with my family spread out. Right after dark, I swore a bat nearly hit me in the head. It’s radar caused it to swerve, but I swear I felt the tiniest brush of wings. 

The insects had come out soon as the sun went down, and I’m sure a juicy one flying near my head became dinner. 

Of course I screamed and practically flattened on the ground. My family didn’t believe a word I huffed out and I heard giggles in the dark for a good 10 minutes.

I love nature, but not always quite that up close and personal.

Betty

16 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you aphperspective. See my reply to Betty.

I read it, we used have the large black ones (no idea of species) visiting the banana tree's in our back garden in Malaysia at night when I was a kid. Banana's used to grow then the Elephants from the logging camp up the road used to nick them. Never got any banana's.:(

Andy

On Feb 9 this sale reported for low $$, just to be reverted (refunded) 3 days later ????

J7Y0FH.jpg

Feb 25 this sale reported

JCD7RY.jpg

Hopefully this won't be reverted, although it is distribution sale, low $$ -- blank month otherwise.  

Archived