Photos will not upload by web uploader nor FTP, despite tries on multiple computers.

26 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

No it not! I uploaded a few images at 5AM NY time this morning, and they are still in the blacked-out processing stage. That's 5 hours! 

Me too.  Uploaded fine, but still sitting in processing.  Didn't this happen a couple of years ago as well?

Jill

Hi everyone

As you have noticed we've experienced some technical issues with one of our servers this weekend. The issue should now be fixed, so if you have any further problems with upload, please contact our Contributor Relations Team (contributors@alamy.com)

Thanks

Alamy

5 hours ago, pablo said:

Don't know if this is related to the uploading problem, but MyAlamy has been "unavailable" for the last few hours. Hope it's not another software type issue. :unsure:

I've had this on my Dashboard as well as Net Revenue. I've found re-loading the page once or twice eventually brings up the data.

Anyone still have problems with the uploader - I tried to do 12 yesterday, it uploaded the first 4 then froze. I had to end the session and re-uploaded the remaining 8. Same issue this afternoon - tried 9, managed 2 but it stopped. Tried the remaining 7 and only 2 worked again. Now frozen again.

Before I check with Alamy, thought I would check for similar issues for anyone else. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Gary Clarke said:

Anyone still have problems with the uploader - I tried to do 12 yesterday, it uploaded the first 4 then froze. I had to end the session and re-uploaded the remaining 8. Same issue this afternoon - tried 9, managed 2 but it stopped. Tried the remaining 7 and only 2 worked again. Now frozen again.

Before I check with Alamy, thought I would check for similar issues for anyone else. Thanks.

FTP is fine today. Try it.

I only used the uploader the other day because of the server problems with FTP, but even so i had to abandon it a couple of times. I won't be bothering again, especially as it's about a tenth the speed of FTP.

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

FTP is fine today. Try it.

I only used the uploader the other day because of the server problems with FTP, but even so i had to abandon it a couple of times. I won't be bothering again, especially as it's about a tenth the speed of FTP.

Never used the FTP - hardly seemed worthwhile as I tend to upload just 10-20 images at a time but sounds like I may have to give it a go. Thanks.

Filezilla. Two clicks and a drag and it goes like greased lightning.

Download it now and they'll catch QC for tomorrow.

Credentials here. There's a bit of a learning curve but it's quite easy to negotiate without crampons.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

Apologies if this has already been posted, had this from Alamy earlier this afternoon...

PLEASE NOTE - ALAMY LIVE NEWS REQUIRE A CHANGE TO THE WAY YOU FTP IMAGES TO US

Hi,

Alamy Live News are making a change to the way we receive images from you via FTP.

Could you please adjust the FTP host as follows:

Current Host name: upload.alamy.com

New Host name: newsupload.alamy.com

User name & password stay the same.

Please confirm this has been done by replying to this message.

Many thanks,

Neil Porter

Alamy News Team

Earlier I uploaded some Live News images which thankfully got through fine, because now:

"Sorry, there's a problem with MyAlamy. Please try again later.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have it working as soon as we can."

:-(

Archived