February 2017 Challenge - Urban Landscape

Kumar

Welcome to the February photo-contest friends.
The chosen theme for the contest is Urban Landscape ... in all its traditional & novel photo-interpretation.
The contest concludes at mid-night, 28th February.

• Maximum 3 images per contributor
  • Images must be available on Alamy
  • The winner will start the new topic

Some examples :

singapore-cityscapeskyline-from-the-gian urban-landscape-noida-delhi-ncr-india-gh
sights-of-singapore-tourist-attraction-i aeroplanesaircraftstransportairportlehin

singapore-asia-pacific-urban-landscape-a bangkok-airport-sights-scenes-bpfga8.jpg

colorful-sights-scenes-of-singapore-bpdw scenes-sights-from-hongkong-arrkep.jpg

sights-scenes-from-singapore-aw9n7x.jpg new-york-greens-agnmdb.jpg

Kumar, India

These are from the most urban part of the Svalbard Archipelago...

colorful-houses-in-the-town-of-longyearb

D5P2E1  Homes in Longyearbyen, Svalbard Archipelago.

town-of-longyearbyen-on-spitsbergen-sval

D6D0DD  The town of Longyearbyen.

tourist-looking-at-please-do-not-touch-s

D75C82  Tourist in the shopping district of Longyearbyen examining the PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH sign on a stuffed bear (also a good idea on the live ones).

Paulette

Nice ones. One too many perhaps. Which one you remove, your choice ! :) 

Cheers.

Kumar, India

You forgot the rules  ;)

Cheers,
Philippe

Thanks Philippe for pointing it out. How could I take the knowledge of rules granted for ALL  ??? :o 

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but...

What is the best way to insert an image & link?

Not done this before on this forum.

Thanks - Martyn

Please click-enlarge your desired image. Right-click COPY, and paste here in you post. That's it.

Cheers,

Kumar, India

Thanks Kumar, its la Paz in Bolivia which is one of the most impressive locations for a city I have ever seen. This lovely peak Illimani is seen from the city centre. I loved la Paz, except for when it came to crossing the street, which is an adrenaline sport as dangerous as base jumping.

Thanks Kumar, its la Paz in Bolivia which is one of the most impressive locations for a city I have ever seen. This lovely peak Illimani is seen from the city centre. I loved la Paz, except for when it came to crossing the street, which is an adrenaline sport as dangerous as base jumping.

:) can well imagine ... street-crossings (and even driving as such) in urban India can at times (and at places) can be absolutely nightmarish.

Nice one, three from me

long-exposure-with-moving-clouds-over-ma

Marché Bonsecours Montreal

Colin

Hardly ever seen such dramatic sky adding so much to the visual appeal in an urban setting. Most of the times we yearn for merely blue skies ... and look at THIS  :lol:

From me:

Glasgow's Sauchiehall Street with it's diverse architecture

view-looking-west-along-sauchiehall-stre

Urban blend of historic buildings in Paisley right next to Glasgow Airport

coates-memorial-church-spire-and-coates-

Urban Sprawl of Athens, Greece

view-of-athens-and-mount-lycabettus-227m

La Paz is a great place, especially the market area. We got stuck there for a couple of additional days during the general elections as no-one was allowed to travel. 

Archived