I have 1/10 green and 9/10 orange.

I don't think it matters too much. It's important that you get names of places and people in as this is what sellers will be searching for, I think. I have lots of pics of film stars at movie premieres - once I've put in their names, the name of the film and actor/actress, location, I'm still below 20 tags ... 

Yesterday, a new system was introduced in my green 9/10 - 1/10 orange

I read all the forum threads, but there is still no clear understanding why and why.

Today, all fixed on the green. It is not strange, all the orange zone pictures just require editing.

In my case, the new system helps. Only I have the days, when I mostly learn English instead of to give more time shooting. I combine business with pleasure.

I have 1/10 green and 9/10 orange.

I don't think it matters too much. It's important that you get names of places and people in as this is what sellers will be searching for, I think. I have lots of pics of film stars at movie premieres - once I've put in their names, the name of the film and actor/actress, location, I'm still below 20 tags ... 

Ditto, only about 10% of mine are green. To be honest, I'm adopting a policy of changing nothing until this all settles down...

Of my live images, I had about 50% green 50% orange when the system changed. The greens I am just leaving as they are but my new images are now all orange, so orange is getting higher, as I'm just continuing to key word (tag) images as before and none are turning green.  I'm only adding what I think is relevant and when I check, they are reasonably placed in the searches I've conducted so I won't be adding extra tags just to make them green. Unless I am fundamentally missing something!

After playing around with tags on the orange images nothing changed,  i am thinking that only images that have been seen by searches go into the green, hence the more a image is searched the longer the green bar.

Any thoughts on this?

Paul.

After playing around with tags on the orange images nothing changed,  i am thinking that only images that have been seen by searches go into the green, hence the more a image is searched the longer the green bar.

Any thoughts on this?

Paul.

No.

You just need 48 tags and 5 supers to go green. I've just tried it. I don't know if the optionals influence it.

I've not yet found any of mine that are green.  As I tend to not have too many keywords I know now that is the reason.  I'm not too inclined to add more keywords at this stage as I've not noticed that my images are being found any less often. 

I really don't like the terms used for the 'discoverability' of images now. They completely contradict the former system designed to eliminate keyword spamming.

'Optimising' an image means adding irrelevant keywords (how many genuinely need 41 tags?) that will get it discovered by more and more people who don't want to discover it.

My biggest complaint with the new system, which I am finding increasingly frustrating, is that it is impossible to differentiate between images that I have finished annotating and am completely happy with, even if they only have fifteen tags, and images I have recently uploaded that still need info added, like number of people, property releases etc.

Unfinished images used to be classed as unfinished and remained so and easily identifiable until they had had all the relevant fields filled in. There is now way of knowing which images have been done.

If 'optimised' meant all the fields had been filled in, that would be great. At the moment the term is meaningless.

Archived