Novel Use - in or out?

Bryan, I signed up for Novel Use many years ago. Your post made my look it up under My Alamy in the Additional Revenue Options. It's recorded me as having signed up to the option on 19th June, 2008. Seems like yesterday.....we don't get any younger!!

Jim. ;)

Just become aware that I am neither in nor out of the Novel Use scheme. The Alamy description doesn't give much away. Any user feedback welcome.

I used to be opted out....Where are the details for this? Couldn't see it under settings at all?!? Cheers

I'm in.  Had a few sales over the years for about $50 total.  It's $50 I wouldn't have otherwise ....

It's maybe $150 that you could have had had you not been in, is another way of looking at it. Just saying! ;)

Thanks for the responses people. 

A Google search finds previous discussion, generally not too positive, and an Alamy statement that it was being withdrawn, but the choice still remains under Additional Revenue Options.

However, as a person in limbo, neither in nor out, there doesn't appear to be a mechanism to definitively say No until April next year.  Will I remember next April, probably not.

I'm in.  Had a few sales over the years for about $50 total.  It's $50 I wouldn't have otherwise ....

It's maybe $150 that you could have had had you not been in, is another way of looking at it. Just saying! ;)

:-) . . . it is indeed one way of looking at it . . . but my accountant prefers a definite 50 over a maybe 150 any day

dd

Thanks for the responses people. 

A Google search finds previous discussion, generally not too positive, and an Alamy statement that it was being withdrawn, but the choice still remains under Additional Revenue Options.

However, as a person in limbo, neither in nor out, there doesn't appear to be a mechanism to definitively say No until April next year.  Will I remember next April, probably not.

I've been trying to remember for years!

Alrighty, we need to put it on our calendars. BIG letters. April 1st, again April 15. Maybe then we can opt out. ;):)

It should actually be possible to already activate it at least, to automatically opt out for the coming april.

(But then in April I forgot, I automatically opt out :lol:  )

I've been trying to remember for years!

Alrighty, we need to put it on our calendars. BIG letters. April 1st, again April 15. Maybe then we can opt out. ;):)

I'm relying on you to remind me come the time Betty!  ;)

Archived