Must sign in to My Alamy every day.

I don't see "keep me signed in" anymore and I'm having to sign in to My Alamy every day. I don't know how I got signed out and wonder if any of you have found a solution to this problem. Perhaps I have to email member services but I thought I'd try here first. Thanks for any help.

Paulette

Sorry, no help but I do not seem to have this issue, I logged in ages ago and it keeps me signed in.

Also I have not conciously noticed a keep me signed in tick, since I joined in October (albeit it may have been there).

have you recently changed your PC, erased your browsing history or made config changes and in turn maybe denied the password being stored?

I don't see "keep me signed in" anymore and I'm having to sign in to My Alamy every day. I don't know how I got signed out and wonder if any of you have found a solution to this problem. Perhaps I have to email member services but I thought I'd try here first. Thanks for any help.

Paulette

I have exactly the same problem. Tried MS and they said it must be my browser. I am on iMac with Safari. Still have not found a solution and it is annoying having to keep signing in every day.

Allan

Paulette

I have exactly the same problem. Tried MS and they said it must be my browser. I am on iMac with Safari. Still have not found a solution and it is annoying having to keep signing in every day.

Allan

Same here. Chrome / Windows 10 as well as Chrome / Windows 7

Cheers,

Philippe

Same for me with Chrome but no problem with Firefox.

I have no problem using iMac and Safari.

If you are in Forum and back space back into My Alamy after your first sign in then you lose the sign in.

After the first sign in into Forum click onto the large Alamy top left and you will then be signed into Forum/Alamy thereafter.

dov

Yup. I have to sign in every time. Used to keep itself open until I logged out and back in a couple of months ago. It should have updated my portfolio total in my forum profile, but didn't.  Not bothered about that and I guess logging in manually every time is more secure

Mac 10.6.8 (ancient!) and Safari 5.1.10 (getting on a bit)

For security reasons I always sign in and sign out each and every time to My Alamy, and the forum, and delete all cookies after a browsing session. My Alamy contains your banking information. Think about that.

It’s a security feature, not a bug.

For security reasons I always sign in and sign out each and every time to My Alamy, and the forum, and delete all cookies after a browsing session. My Alamy contains your banking information. Think about that.

IIRC, I think Alamy once said that payment details are held on a different server. 

Paulette

Add me to the list.

When I asked Members Services, they just sent me the usual form sign-in advice. That hasn't helped. Signing in each time would be okay with me, but they keep refusing my password, making me change it, then not accepting the new password. Yes, I wait a half hour. If I try to change the temp password, that doesn't work either. Things keep going round and round.

Bill, you can view this as a security feature . . . but it's also a bug that wasn't there a week ago. 

I have to as well, but my ID and password are already filled in so I just have to click Log In.

I don't shut down every night anyway. I usually hibernate my computer and do a shut down every 4 days or so, depending on how much work I have done.

Jill

When you write a check (if anyone does anymore these days) all your banking info is on there as well.

Jill

When you write a check (if anyone does anymore these days) all your banking info is on there as well.

Jill

I write checks except when I shop online. I've never had anything go wrong but am hearing a lot about debit cards being hijacked. As check writing becomes more and more obsolete, I figure I'll be safer yet, as all the scammers target plastic.

I have no problem using iMac and Safari.

If you are in Forum and back space back into My Alamy after your first sign in then you lose the sign in.

After the first sign in into Forum click onto the large Alamy top left and you will then be signed into Forum/Alamy thereafter.

dov

Did not work for me?

Allan

Paulette

Just a check to see if you are experiencing exactly the same as me.

Working on Alamy (not forum) so signed in. Close down computer. Reawaken computer go to Alamy site. At top left it says "My Alamy". Click on and drop down appears. Click on "My Alamy" in drop down box.

Takes me to sign in screen.

Prior to problem this link used to take me straight into my dashboard.

Allan

No problem with staying signed into the forum but today, however, when trying to sign into Alamy using Mac and Safari as per usual, I can not sign in….when I try to sign in, I get taken to an old cached screen. Have tried numerous times and gave up in the end, used Chrome and signed in without a problem…strange !

Edit - Have just signed out of the forum and tried to sign back in again using Mac/Safari....and have the same problem as trying to sign into Alamy....I can't ! Have had to use Chrome again.....any suggestions welcomed !!!

Same problem here, for some time now: have to sign in every visit.  I am on Windows 7 Pro using Internet Explorer 11.  I often use CCleaner to clear my Internet Explorer cache, but even setting it to retain Alamy cookies makes no difference. 

Graham

Just to clarify my situation -- I am always signed in to the Forum. It is My Alamy that makes me sign in every day. Once I am signed in I stay signed in all day. The next morning I have to sign in again to My Alamy.

Paulette

Just to clarify my situation -- I am always signed in to the Forum. It is My Alamy that makes me sign in every day. Once I am signed in I stay signed in all day. The next morning I have to sign in again to My Alamy.

Paulette

+1

Allan

situation deteriorating; logging into forum fine, or I couldn't be posting this. But my old Safari wont let me log into "my Alamy"  because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server "secure.alamy.com" 

Downstairs my wifes similar iMac with more recent version of Safari 5.2.8 lets me in without any problem.

Yesterday, shutting everything down and pulling out the power plug for a few minutes (now there's a very old trick) got me going again, but that doesn't work to-day. Fortunately, I don't have a slew of files waiting to upload.

Mail working OK Checked internet speed & connection working full speed.

time to walk the dog!

I have the same problem with Internet Explorer (IE 11) on a Windows 7 PC - basically my login info disappears whenever I close IE.

However, I do not have the problem with Safari on my iPad and iPhone (even after the IOS 9.3 'upgrade'). In fact, I can't remember the last time I had to logon to Alamy (or Stockimo) on these devices, even though I close the programs completely on a regular basis.

Archived