funny photos

John Mitchell

My equestrian photography experience from 40 years ago came back to haunt me. I saw it as a 2 legged horse - there is a very specific way of getting a horse to stand when shooting formal equestrian portraits to avoid that effect! I realise that is not what this is; it was just how my conditioning kicked in :)

My equestrian photography experience from 40 years ago came back to haunt me. I saw it as a 2 legged horse - there is a very specific way of getting a horse to stand when shooting formal equestrian portraits to avoid that effect! I realise that is not what this is; it was just how my conditioning kicked in :)

... and a one-legged rider.

This was used for an article about very large milk bottles....

african-elephant-calf-loxodonta-africana

And this for an announcement of a beer party at the Central Park Zoo...

california-sea-lion-zalophus-californian

Sometimes humor can make a point.

Paulette

man-in-fancy-dress-costume-in-weymouth-d

cattle-on-the-putting-green-on-minchinha

stroud-uk-tuesday-30th-september-2014-th

All have been licenced.

Stock library Images are often used by the greeting card industry, who like a humorous picture on the card.

Good point. Do you know if any of yours above were leased by greeting card publishers? They look perfect for that market.

Paulette

I haven't been to a beer party since university days, but I think I remember this guy. Great shot!

Paulette

I haven't been to a beer party since university days, but I think I remember this guy. Great shot!

Thank you, John. I must say I thought they must have been delighted to find that shot taken at their zoo.

Paulette

man-in-fancy-dress-costume-in-weymouth-d

cattle-on-the-putting-green-on-minchinha

stroud-uk-tuesday-30th-september-2014-th

All have been licenced.

Stock library Images are often used by the greeting card industry, who like a humorous picture on the card.

Good point. Do you know if any of yours above were leased by greeting card publishers? They look perfect for that market

Two were for UK newspapers, and the cow licking the putting green flag was for some sort of business use.

I've had a funny dog picture (black & white) used on a greeting card in the US. Not through Alamy tho.

I bet Elliot Erwitt has earned a few quid (bucks) in his time from his humorous dog pictures !

This one's sold a time or two...

sign-pointing-to-the-community-of-crackp

I see the person who wrote the faint graffiti across the bottom way signs was not able to reach the top one. ;)

Allan

I once worked an advertising shoot with Elliot Erwitt. It was his film crew, and I was hired separately to do stills. Movie ad and documentary work was what he did for a living, but of course he's famous for his very funny dog images.  :)

Archived