Anyone else have your zooms and CTR tank?

For several months I had a great CTR. Above the Alamy average. And since I hit 3000 images, my zooms have been double or more than what they used to be for years. Sales better than average.

Since the new larger thumbs appeared, my zooms have tanked by 33%, my sales are half, and all my pseudos have zeros except two, which have a CTR of 17 and 28.

What's weird is when I did a search of some of my images today, I have 1-3 on the first page, high up on the page.

At first I thought a gremlin was in Measures. An error. A glitch. It's gone on so long now, that I can't figure out what is happening. The larger thumbs would explain the zero or low CTRs, but not zooms and sales.

Stumped.

Betty

Sales tanked is my experience here. My usual monthly average (gross) is $1300 for about 25 licenses. So far this month I'm up to 2 for $29. Ouch. Big zooms day yesterday though, with 16 zoomed. Lets hope the buyers are awestruck by my brilliance and are fumbling for their credit cards even as we speak. 

The opposite for me. After months of awful zooms and CTR, it's coming back nicely. Now ... let's see if sales follow.

So you're the one who stole my thunder! I guess I thought since I've added approximately 60-100 images a month for awhile, and my stats climbed, it would maintain or get better. Not what I'm seeing here with me, Colin and Bill in the pity me tank.

I've had no sales at all this month, but 2 small ones in late Sept. <whine>

The different format wouldn't have any affect on current sales, as sales usually show up at least  3 months after they are actually purchased.  So low sales now would really mean low sales in June and July.

Jill

It was discussed in another thread that buyers might be able to see enough detail with the larger thumbs to not need to zoom. But I would think that would only affect zoom total and CTR, not sales.

I would think the images that are zoomed with the larger thumbs would have a better chance of selling, since the buyers see more detail and like them enough to inspect the zoomed image.

But how will fewer zooms and low CTR affect rank?

Zooms, sales, and CTR (usually close to Alamy average) all unchanged for me.

My stats have remained fairly consistent so far during 2015. Significant drop in sales/revenue from 2014, though.

Over here on the other end of the North American continent, everything is still rolling along nicely, too. 

Zooms and CTR have been up for me significantly overall this year - sales are up too though given a huge spike in CTR in June and July, with several images zoomed twice, often by their file number, I haven't seen a corresponding spike in sales which I would have expected this month or last. My CTR has been excellent the last couple of months, so I don't think the large thumbs are having any negative effect. Ironically, despite a huge spike in zooms in my main pseudo, the image that Alamy licensed for me today has never been zoomed. I've never had a big correlation between zooms and sales. Overall I'm feeling much more positive about Alamy than I have in the past and am happy to see some of my images make it to the first pages for certain searches. Overall views are up too. 

I added about 125 new photos this year and deleted some too - so went from about 700 to 800 and it seems to have made a big difference. I'm hoping to add another 200 images by the end of the year, though I'm not sure I'll make that goal. Zooms and sales seem to be a mix of oldies from way back in 2009 and new stuff taken and added in the last year. 

Normal month for me at the halfway point (Oct 15th). I averaged 5 sales a month for all of 2014, and this month I've had 3 sales so far, two of which were textbooks. One more Stockimo sale appeared on my App as well, making 8 Stockimo sales in total. 

Since a major revamp of my collection earlier in the year I see a lot more volatility which is to be expected with a lot fewer images.

Since the large thumbs I had a sudden increase followed by a drop. Maybe buyers were playing with the new toy at first and have since gone back to their old ways. There are so many factors at play it is difficult to ascribe any fluctuations to one cause.

I too have seen more volatility in last few months. Mostly to the upside until this month.

CTR about average but zooms up (I had 8 in one day - good for me) and zooms nearly best ever rolling monthly total.

Sales very poor though. Only 1 so far this month, average 7, so a long way to go to make my average.

John.

Erk! I'm going back to the "post your positive results here" thread . . .

dd

After seeing my zooms collapse last month, this month they have peaked at their highest to date with a corresponding improvement in CTR. Have checked my rank and no significant change there - I don't use pseudos so the thing just trundles along with the momentum of a large truck. Suspect that the new format makes little difference in this regard and the variance in CTR is just due to the vagaries of the selection process.

I did have 3 in the pat few days, so zooms are happening, just not many. The biggest thing is no sales in October.

It's not been a record month for me in terms of sales, only three to date, and none for big money, but zooms and CTR are fine. I presume that you normally see monthly sales and that you are obviously concerned that none have appeared to date. I think that this is part of the game, there is randomness involved, and even those players with a good track record will inevitably see lean times occasionally. The larger and more diverse the portfolio the less it may be affected, but serving a niche market could be rather more tricky. Take heart, the month is not yet done and often sales come through in the last few days, but, failing that, it may be one to write off. Next month will probably see a return to a more normal sales performance.

Archived