DACS and Alamy

Just checked, i've received mine too!

Up 2.4%, but i'm more than happy with that because, despite more sales, I thought my share would be less due to, it seemed, more people claiming.

John.

Paul - no the Alamy sales data is good enough as long as it shows UK or Worldwide magazine, book, tv etc.

I don't quite understand. Do you mean DACS payback on stuff you've already got sales reports for in Alamy? 

I guess its for infringer's of images that came from Alamy sales. Surely there's a limit to what can be checked for? I don't watch TV so I guess I'll be losing out if someone has used my stuff. 

My question pertains to Royalty Free. How are we to know if a RF sale is World-wide or sold in Britain when Alamy doesn't provide us that information. Would it benefit one to have Alamy make the claim based upon their knowledge of the RF sales?

My question pertains to Royalty Free. How are we to know if a RF sale is World-wide or sold in Britain when Alamy doesn't provide us that information. Would it benefit one to have Alamy make the claim based upon their knowledge of the RF sales?

You don't know.

You could get Alamy to do it unless you track them down yourself, but you'd need a lot of them to make up for the 50% cut.

My question pertains to Royalty Free. How are we to know if a RF sale is World-wide or sold in Britain when Alamy doesn't provide us that information.

We could ask Alamy nicely if they could put another column in the spreadsheet as to whether the sale is DACS eligible.  They obviously have this information to send us their e-mail solicitation.

"Would it benefit one to have Alamy make the claim based upon their knowledge of the RF sales?"

It would certainly benefit Alamy.  But they're making a lot more profit than us already.  Maybe they will have a change of heart and give a charitable donation to photographers.  After all, they did give us that extra penny on odd numbered sales.

But they're making a lot more profit than us already.  

I have no idea if Alamy is making a profit.

From Alamy's "Our philoshophy":

We donate a significant proportion of our operating profits to charity. In fact since 2007, we´ve donated over £2.8 million to good causes, with the majority of our money used for cancer research. This is directed through SBL, a laboratory funded by our major shareholder

Mike Fischer and his charity, The Fischer Family Trust. We also support a number of charitable projects based around improved health education and self-sufficiency in poor communities and we actively support programs to help reduce Alamy´s carbon footprint.

I'm just asking for one column to spread some love to photographers (in aid of self-sufficiency in our poor community).:-)

But they're making a lot more profit than us already.  

I have no idea if Alamy is making a profit.

Let's hope so. No sign today of a DACs payment here on the wild west coast of BC.

DACS payment received today.

Allan

Archived