DACS and Alamy

I guess its for infringer's of images that came from Alamy sales. Surely there's a limit to what can be checked for? I don't watch TV so I guess I'll be losing out if someone has used my stuff. 

no.....

km

Thanks Keith. I am now better informed. 

I wondered why my business account was looking so good today!  Just got £345 from DACS paid in yesterday!  That is awesome.  Glad I filled in the form all on my ownsome!!! :P

I have not gotten an email either even though I was contacted months ago that I was due money and sent the form to Alamy which they acknowledged receipt.

L

Same here, I've sent an email to Alamy checking they did the leg work their end. They didn't respond? 

My question pertains to Royalty Free. How are we to know if a RF sale is World-wide or sold in Britain when Alamy doesn't provide us that information. Would it benefit one to have Alamy make the claim based upon their knowledge of the RF sales?

Alamy does provide that information!

If you download your net revenue to an excel file (making sure all the categories including region are ticked) the right hand column tells you the region.

The region, yes, but not the type of publication so you don't know if it's covered by DACS.

On the Excel download the usage is given ie:

RF Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Up to DPS, inside.One time use only ; 41.17 -20.58 20.59 UK

The region, yes, but not the type of publication so you don't know if it's covered by DACS.

RF Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use. Up to DPS, inside.One time use only ; 41.17 -20.58 20.59 UK

Out of my 94 DACS eligible images, about 15 were RM, the rest RF.  Among RF, about 9 had RM-type information, as above.  That leaves about 70 RF images which I can't identify as being for books or magazines among the 200 or so images sold in the UK.

So it helps a bit.  But full disclosure would be better.  Other agencies generously provide this information.  Why not Alamy?

I have no licence details showing, other than file size, for any RF sale and they account for a quarter of my sales by volume.

I have no licence details showing, other than file size, for any RF sale and they account for a quarter of my sales by volume.

Then you are not seeing all of the available data!

On the net revenue page have you got all the boxes ticked?

Date cleared Agency ref Region

Date of invoice Pseudonym Total sale

Date paid Licence type Total deduction

Alamy ref Licence detail Net due

The problem Thyrsis, is that "all the available data" for most RF images is of no help for DACS.  Region of sale and usage region is not enough for DACS.  They need to know the usage was for books or magazines - information Alamy does not provide (except in those rare cases with RM-like info, mostly iQ sales).

The problem Thyrsis, is that "all the available data" for most RF images is of no help for DACS.  Region of sale and usage region is not enough for DACS.  They need to know the usage was for books or magazines - information Alamy does not provide (except in those rare cases with RM-like info, mostly iQ sales).

Aha, sorry for the confusion! All our recent RF sales are IQ sales so the extra info is shown!

nor is it rocket science

Where I come from, when you use that term, it's quite insulting and insinuates that you are speaking to someone stupid. Given the tone of your reply I'll assume that's what you meant.

Fortunately, Alamy always has an image to cover every eventuality. ;)   Also available on T-shirts, iphone covers, duvets....

digital-illustration-actually-it-is-rock

LOL! Good One!

L

Archived