Ed Endicott

October Challenge - Shoot Local

Avalon sunbeams through trees - the beams were caused by smoke from not too distant bushfires 

155796485.O75rbDXc.Avalonplaygroundwiths

• Upvote 2

I was given an old iPhone four days ago so decided to meet this challenge with a new Stockimo shot - taken a few hundred metres away from the house.

Traffic_cone_on_Autumn_road-S06YYG.jpg

Edited by Malcolm Park
  • Upvote 1

I recently moved but this was taken at a weekly farmer's market just two blocks from home, and it also was my first sale on Alamy.

Organic_and_heirloom_vegetables_and_free

• Upvote 1

Image taken in local wildlife park in the village where I live. There are so many photos in my collection from this park it was difficult to choose just one.

Greylag_goose_family_Milton_Cambridgeshi

Allan

• Upvote 3

Avalon sunbeams through trees

I always hate it when you enter these competitions, Sheila, because as soon as I see your name I know I wasted my time entering :(

Alan

Edited by Inchiquin

Exactly 5 km from my home (according to Google maps).  Lucky to have it so nearby.

Wow! Beautiful! You are very lucky. 

Thanks!  It's helpful to have so many mountains in this city, great views!  (not so good in Winter though ; )

Edited by MariaJ

My entry

A_young_boy_looking_at_the_walrus_in_its

My son entranced by the walrus at the Quebec City aquarium a couple of miles from where we are.

Cheers

Col

• Upvote 2

Shot from my front doorstep one snowy, winter morning:

A_Winter_sunrise_over_a_snowy_misty_Brit

Lovely shot Russell. Envy you living with a view like that. Hope they do not build on it soon. ;)

Allan

Shot from my front doorstep one snowy, winter morning:

A_Winter_sunrise_over_a_snowy_misty_Brit

Lovely shot Russell. Envy you living with a view like that. Hope they do not build on it soon. ;)

Allan

Thanks Allan. 

I've moved house since; a year ago today in fact. I'm a mile up the road from there, now. 

Red_grapes-E89G3F.jpg

In my garden (but not grown in my garden... Lidl`s finest ;-))

• Upvote 1

A mile away from home, and three years away from now:

Lifting_American_Flag_reveals_monument_m

C7CB2Y American Legion PCC Robert Thomas Riordan supervises lifting American flag to reveal monument made from World Trade Center steel, at our town's Veterans Park, New York, on September 11, 2011. 

Miss you, Tom - Ann

Edited by ann
  • Upvote 2

I'm keeping it very local......my living room.

Interior_of_a_living__dining_room_in_a_C

...and that old wooden chair by the stove has earnt me more than a few quid too (pic on book covers).

• Upvote 6

I can't hope to compete with some of the exotic locations shown so far. If I see an aurora in the sky it's most likely another wheelie bin and a case of arson. So, I'll stay with my prosaic, unadorned documentary images of my home town of Bolton. Here is one to sum up the local experience of the last few years.

Closing_down_notice_written_in_large_whi

• Upvote 4

i know exactly where you are coming from with this one..... [and we are only a few miles away from Bolton]

I always hate it when you enter these competitions, Sheila, because as soon as I see your name I know I wasted my time entering :(

Alan

:wub:  Thanks Alan but there is always strong competition from these Alamy togs!

Alan

:wub:  Thanks Alan but there is always strong competition from these Alamy togs!

We live in hope. B)

Allan

This one was taken just a 5 minute walk away. It shows the village church and the long disused water tower, now a well known landmark.

Church__water_tower_at_night_set_against

Most people think that the red sky is from the sun setting, until I explain that the direction is wrong and the time was 10 minutes to twelve (midnight) !

It was in fact, from the nearby blast furnaces in Duisburg, just slightly exaggerated ;)

Edited by David Davies
  • Upvote 2

Seems most of my local landscape photographs are taken more like 10 km from my home than 5 so here is something from my garden.

The_colourful_longhorn_beetle_species_Sa

• Upvote 3

A large oak tree in my backyard died so after we cut it down and made firewood out of it I photographed the stump.  This one did sell. Just shows that you never know what will sell.

An_Oak_Tree_Stump-C5DJ9C.jpg

• Upvote 1