Dead parrot identification (bit gutsy)

AlbertSnapper

Hello.

Does anyone know what type of bird this is ? ..... to me it's a parrot, but could it be a parakeet or something similar  ?

Seen in west London recently. A-parrot-ently (please excuse the pun), parrots are not unusual now in London nowadays.

Many thanks,

Phil

E5PY9T.jpg

Did you determine it really was dead, or are you just guessing?

dd

All together now....

"Now that's what I call a dead parrot..."

Alan

No,no. It's just resting. I'm sure I just saw it move!

Ian

It's all very well so long as nobody follows up with the Lumberjack Song! (which I think was next)

Mike

Contrary to popular myth, they are not treated as vermin by the ‘locals’, very colourful, fairly amusing and noisy characters and smaller birds share the nut feeder with them in our garden.

I remember seeing a report on the BBC TV news about how locals in Surrey were treating them as vermin as they were driving other birds away and causing mayhem and noise. I'm sure some were complaining about how they couldn't hang washing out on their gardens due to the mess they made.

Personally, I liked listening to their song and watching them fly around in big groups.

Here's an old report from 2009 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8284962.stm

All together now....

"Now that's what I call a dead parrot..."

Alan

No,no. It's just resting. I'm sure I just saw it move!

Ian

It's all very well so long as nobody follows up with the Lumberjack Song! (which I think was next)

Mike

I'm OK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived