Anyone else currently drawing a blank?

Last few days have been 0 zoom searches for me and that is very unusual - also zero sales. I checked all of Alamy to see if the system was stalled but there is some activity on AoA. I have had occasional days over the years with zero zooms but never had a week like this with just one sole zoom from Saturday to now.

Not been my month. Actually the zooms are up but the sales are anemic at best. 4 so far for the month, normally by now I would see around 10. As John Mitchell said, it's a roller coaster ride!

Speaking of roller coasters, someone zoomed this a couple of days ago. I'm hoping she or he decides to come along for the ride.

B0CYJ6.jpg

Last few days have been 0 zoom searches for me and that is very unusual - also zero sales. I checked all of Alamy to see if the system was stalled but there is some activity on AoA. I have had occasional days over the years with zero zooms but never had a week like this with just one sole zoom from Saturday to now.

Same here.I wrote to memberservices and rec'd a canned response when I asked if something was wrong with the counters.

They said to go over keywords,upload more often,yadda yadda.

I have the opposite problem. Trying to work out why zooms have suddenly increased!

Up until December last year, I was averaging 3 or 4 zooms a month. December 2013: 8; January 2014: 18 !

I have increased the number of images fairly significantly over the last 6 to 8 months, but despite that my views have gone down.

Here's a snapshot of my stats:

Oct: 734 views, 2 zooms

Nov: 600 views, 4 zooms

Dec: 530 views, 8 zooms

Jan: 486 views, 18 zooms (up to 22 Jan)

I haven't significantly changed what I've been uploading, and about half of the zooms this month are on images that were uploaded many months ago.

As a consequence, from hovering just below the monthly CTR of 0.46 for ages, I find myself in the dizzy heights of a CTR of 3.0+ !  Let's hope that Sales will reflect this upturn.

Very slow start to the month in the first 3 weeks: both views and zooms way down.  But things suddenly began to pick up yesterday: views up and a few more zooms, inc. one by ref # (already zoomed by ref # in December!).  I'm figuring just a slow Jan with Feb due to pick up markedly. [ being inexplicably optimistic today :) - don't worry, won't last :( ]

Reported one of yours in the Mail yesterday, all is not lost!

No not a blank but I think this is the first time my main pseudo's CTR has dropped below the Alamy average.  It's very disheartening as I believe zooms are an indicator of future sales. I know someone will jump in and say their zooms never lead to sales but in my case they often do.  

Sales this month are average numbers but depressingly low prices.

Pearl

Yes. Normally get about 2-3 a day but the last week I've had one with 2 sales. Not much. Hopefully it is either a problem with Measures or things will pick up.

No not a blank but I think this is the first time my main pseudo's CTR has dropped below the Alamy average.  It's very disheartening as I believe zooms are an indicator of future sales. I know someone will jump in and say their zooms never lead to sales but in my case they often do.  

Sales this month are average numbers but depressingly low prices.

Pearl

Yeah, prices haven't been great this month. 

Zooms for me very low in this particular week since Saturday 18/1. - Prob less than half my average which is unusual. Only 1 sale also. Till then things had been average to good this month. 

Lets see what happens in the next 2 weeks. 

Kumar

All things Alamy have been moving at such a slow pace over the last six weeks, that it makes my Tai Chi workout look like Kung Fu. Zooms? Views? Sales? What the heck are those? And just this morning I said to myself (yes, I live alone and talk to myself): "You are in the sin bin, Mister." 

Yeah, I fear so. My fault, of course (no matter how long you look at those trees they're not going to get any sharper).

Why did I screw up? 1) I'm bored. 2) It's a very cold winter. 3) I suspect a food (soup) image as the problem, where I might have chosen a larger in-focus area than an out-of-focus area. And 4) I've been feeling like getting closer to the edge lately.   :unsure:

Archived