Anyone else currently drawing a blank?

All things Alamy have been moving at such a slow pace over the last six weeks, that it makes my Tai Chi workout look like Kung Fu. Zooms? Views? Sales? What the heck are those? And just this morning I said to myself (yes, I live alone and talk to myself): "You are in the sin bin, Mister." 

Yeah, I fear so. My fault, of course (no matter how long you look at those trees they're not going to get any sharper).

Why did I screw up? 1) I'm bored. 2) It's a very cold winter. 3) I suspect a food (soup) image as the problem, where I might have chosen to a larger in-focus area than an out-of-focus area. And 4) I've been feeling like I should be getting closer to the edge lately.   :unsure:

You have company, Ed. I'm also back in QC Rehab. It was a small batch, and I have absolutely no idea what I missed. You'll be sprung much sooner than I will, though. I've become something of a Rehab reg, so they like to keep me in the program for at least a month. Two new zooms popped up today, though. Great month sales-wise as well.

Oh, the irony of it all...

All things Alamy have been moving at such a slow pace over the last six weeks, that it makes my Tai Chi workout look like Kung Fu. Zooms? Views? Sales? What the heck are those? And just this morning I said to myself (yes, I live alone and talk to myself): "You are in the sin bin, Mister." 

Yeah, I fear so. My fault, of course (no matter how long you look at those trees they're not going to get any sharper).

Why did I screw up? 1) I'm bored. 2) It's a very cold winter. 3) I suspect a food (soup) image as the problem, where I might have chosen to a larger in-focus area than an out-of-focus area. And 4) I've been feeling like I should be getting closer to the edge lately.   :unsure:

Tai Chi and Kung Fu = the same thing. Hard Work! From a fellow practioner :)

I had three zooms on the same topic yesterday....it is one that is not well covered in the database.

Other than that, I have two other zooms.  Nothing exciting.  Haven't exceeded Alamy's CTR in months.  No images licensed this month.

Just when I get my hopes up, I have another month of no sales.  Images are moving at other places so I will continue to upload.  I certainly hope that it will lead to something here and at other libraries where the story is the same.

"talking to yourself" . . . Alamy Search = 1 result (and even that's an image inappropriate for the term).

"wild goose chase" = 10 results (none very appropriate really)

"light at the end of the tunnel" = 998 results

. . .

dd

"talking to yourself" . . . Alamy Search = 1 result (and even that's an image inappropriate for the term).

"wild goose chase" = 10 results (none very appropriate really)

"light at the end of the tunnel" = 998 results

. . .

dd

"Job's comforter" =  Alamy search 28 results..................

Hmmm . . . neck and neck between "light at the end of the tunnel" and "we're all doomed" . . . strangely representative of the opinions here . . .

. . . "you're travelling to another dimension . . . a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind . . . "  .  . . (apologies to the younger members of the forum)

dd

"argghh" = 1 result

dd

I'm putting it all down to the 'long' Christmas/New Year break with both Xmas Day and New Year falling mid-week - hence lots of potential buyers taking an extended holiday. Probably a rubbish idea, but it keeps me going anyway...

I agree with you Number Six. Extended Christmas breaks do not help matters!

20 for 'pig on a stick' including one of mine.

I'm sorry, but surely you mean stormy petrel on a stick.

apologies to younger and non-UK residents . . .

dd

Missed that one, always preferred gannet ripple meself, squire.

I don't suppose fried bullfrog qualifies, very nice, a bit like chicken.

Frog and peach?

dd

Archived