Images licenced December 2023

9 hours ago, NYCat said:

Editorial website, distributor in Spain. Less than a dollar left for me 🙃

adult-grizzly-bear-ursus-arctos-cooling-

Grizzly Bear in Alaska

Paulette

Great picture & should have paid more. I was left with 50 cents on the hand-holding picture. One of these days we’ll be paying someone to publish our images. (Sarcasm) I set up a background, put my camera on a tripod, used studio lights for mine. It wasn’t a snapshot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Sharon and Betty. Thank goodness the main point of my wildlife trips was to have fun! That bear was so happy and so was I.

Paulette

That’s good you had fun. You put a lot of care into your fabulous images. It’s no wonder they sell well, for pennie’s or not.

• Love 2

Exterior of Zizzi Italian chain restaurant on Sheep Street in Stratford upon Avon with customers dining inside, England

(I didn't use all 150 characters for this one - 119 - my imagination failed me. Open to suggestions)
exterior-of-zizzi-italian-chain-restaura

• Love 3

4 minutes ago, Steve F said:
Exterior of Zizzi Italian chain restaurant on Sheep Street in Stratford upon Avon with customers dining inside, England

(I didn't use all 150 characters for this one - 119 - my imagination failed me. Open to suggestions)

Congrats Steve! I had numerous zooms on my Zizzi sign but it never licensed. Your image is so much better. I'm not planning a trip back to the UK to reshoot it though 😁

5 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Congrats Steve! I had numerous zooms on my Zizzi sign but it never licensed. Your image is so much better. I'm not planning a trip back to the UK to reshoot it though 😁

Thanks Gen, if I remember rightly, it was a grey and miserable day. Which made the illuminated signs stand out more! 

There's other reasons to visit blighty ;)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Steve F said:

Thanks Gen, if I remember rightly, it was a grey and miserable day. Which made the illuminated signs stand out more! 

There's other reasons to visit blighty ;)

I know I know, I lived there 28 years and loved it. It's just too far for now without any particular reason. On a side note, I am preparing the next batch and I keep hearing a little voice from Steve F 'too much negative space, too much negative space', which I totally agree with. See, you're not only helping newbies.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I know I know, I lived there 28 years and loved it. It's just too far for now without any particular reason. On a side note, I am preparing the next batch and I keep hearing a little voice from Steve F 'too much negative space, too much negative space', which I totally agree with. See, you're not only helping newbies.

Well, negative space is a thing. But it should have some sort of interest, or work with the main subject. Hard to explain sometimes. The difference between a good composition vs poor framing of the subject...

10 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Well, negative space is a thing. But it should have some sort of interest, or work with the main subject. Hard to explain sometimes. The difference between a good composition vs poor framing of the subject...

Got you. I hate empty spaces with nothing of interest. I do crop my images a lot.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

That’s good you had fun. You put a lot of care into your fabulous images. It’s no wonder they sell well, for pennie’s or not.

Thank you, Betty. It is a hobby but I try to make something I am proud of.

Paulette

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Steve F said:

My suggestion is on the opposite side: to cut "with customers dining inside". I guess there are some customers inside, but I don't see any of them through the windows because of the reflections.

• Thanks 1

On 05/12/2023 at 13:07, NYCat said:

Editorial website, distributor in Spain. Less than a dollar left for me 🙃

adult-grizzly-bear-ursus-arctos-cooling-

Grizzly Bear in Alaska

Paulette

You can find it here, Paulette:  https://www.traveler.es/articulos/alaska-en-barco-crucero-hacia-lo-salvaje

Nice image!

Edited by shearwater
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you! Looks nice. I would think that publication could pay a bit more though.

Paulette

Yes indeed. I have got several from them and unfortunately the prices are around that. Anyhow I would keep an eye in reuses, so you can ask for a second use license.

Regards!