Well done Steve! I don't often reply to posts but I'm sure all of us on here appreciate the effort you put in to help the green new sufferers to stock photography.

I read the feedback given often and you have helped point me in the right direction.

To the next 5,000!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Well done Steve! That's dedication given your other hobbies and family. You are the most helpful and patient person on this forum. If only for that reason, you deserve many sales. All the best.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

You are one of our forum jewels, Steve -- thanks and congrats on reaching 5K.

I'm about to reach 11K. But . . . 

long long ago when I decided to try to have a career in photography, I did not intend to make signs my specialty. I'm thinking now, when I reach 11,000 I will stop snapping signs. Maybe. 🤔

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Not just 5000 images, but 5000 carefully composed, well-researched, well described and accurately and concisely keyworded images. That is what makes it a noteworthy achievement and the success you have is well-earned. Being a good egg, as you clearly are, is a bonus.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I did not intend to make signs my specialty

Edroo, online pal,
Are you Ed Rooney making a sign photo
or are you making an "Ed Rooney Sign Photo"
the latter could blow the art world's mind...
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
hey there online chum,
AFAICT you're already
0.3% (15/5000)
of the way to 10000 !!
Just add ~14 images 
per day & you're there
in less than a year !!

Great tip, shows what can or could be done.

On topickudos to Steve F :)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Steve F said:

So I've hit a milestone, 5000 images up, only taken 8 years! Not sure I'd have done it if I knew how much work it would be. Kudos to everyone with much bigger collections! Also just passed $10k gross. Sales and gross are increasing each year so I remain enthusiastic, let's see how long it all lasts!

Steve

well done - great job 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2023 at 02:44, Steve F said:

So I've hit a milestone, 5000 images up, only taken 8 years! Not sure I'd have done it if I knew how much work it would be. Kudos to everyone with much bigger collections! Also just passed $10k gross. Sales and gross are increasing each year so I remain enthusiastic, let's see how long it all lasts!

Steve

Congrats Steve, that's quite an accomplishment! 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations. We all know how much work it is to do well. (Lol, Ed: I will continue snapping signs, shops and police cars - when I have time). Why is being retired so busy? Should I get a job again? A glass collector? Cleaner? On the till at a supermarket?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...