Late payment again?

28 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Yes, I noticed the supposed payment date changed from the 1st, to the 2nd and finally to the 3rd January.

Now says Paypal payment initiated on the 3rd.

Sure, that date was as usual, first working day, but it's gone down the back of someone's sofa since. Grr.

We're told 9 days but when it changes there ought to be an explanation.

Edited by spacecadet

Hi All, 

Please allow 9 working days to receive payment if you do not receive payment by the 16th of January, email us contributors@alamy.com 

Thanks, 

Chantelle 

• Dislike 3

19 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

Please allow 9 working days to receive payment if you do not receive payment by the 16th of January, email us contributors@alamy.com 

Thanks, 

Chantelle 

Yes but is there a problem?
Still not paid. If it's going to take longer from now on I need to know.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

Hardly a typical month though considering we had Christmas and New Year. 

Not so.

Last January's payment was on the 7th, the fourth working day. The first working day of 2023 was the 3rd. Today is the sixth working day.

As I said, if we are to wait longer we need to know why.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Nathaniel Noir said:

I still haven’t gotten paid, how does it take this long to make a transfer.

Quite. Balance of account says payment was initialised on the 3rd, which is normal, six working days ago, which isn't.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aphperspective said:

If "payment initiated" means the electronic process has started, can somebody explain to me why a transfer between 2 bank accounts takes 9 working days, it shouldn't even be 48Hrs for gods sake.

Andy.

I believe Paypal and some of the payment services other than banks take more than the usual 4 days.

I suspect "payment initiated" is a stock statement, it hasn't happened, there's something we're not being told and that someone has decided not to tell us.

• Like 2

With the lack of replies to queries from CR and the constant 'sticking plaster' response to technical issues I suspect that Alamy has been stripped to the bone by PA and is unlikely to improve any time soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I suspect (my partner worked for many years in Financial Fraud Intelligence for HMG) It goes some thing like this. Company A needs to pay B. The payment from A leaves their account and into a high interest overnight or several day account and sits there earning interest. After a set time (may be next or several days) The payment is moved into your account, the interest is moved back into company A account. This is common banking practice between banks, it may be only a small % on each transaction but multiply it up by possibly millions of them every month. 

Andy.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

On 09/01/2023 at 16:14, Alamy said:

Hi All, 

Thanks, 

Chantelle 

9 working days from and including January 3rd would mean payment should arrive by January 13th, assuming you don’t count January 3rd as a holiday since it is only one in Scotland. Payments, generally, seem to be taking longer to come through.

Edited by Sally

• Alamy locked this topic