How was your February 2022?

2 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

No it is not nonsense. It is vitally important. 

OK, to stop politics, I just say that I wouldn't be in the shoes of the Russians (the people, who have nothing to do with all that is happening now)...

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

No it is not nonsense. It is vitally important. 

Every single thing that can be done should be done to show how much Putin is leading Russia into international isolation. Businesses in Russia need to feel the heat.

I would welcome a statement from Alamy.

Also since i am not sure how they could pay for my images, I would hope access would be restricted for buyers, and distributors. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wahavi said:

OK, to stop politics, I just say that I wouldn't be in the shoes of the Russians (the people, who have nothing to do with all that is happening now)...

people are always affected by the actions of their leaders, ask UK people on this board. 

• Love 2
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Wahavi said:

Maybe you should give some consideration to the millions of ordinary Ukrainians. I dare say you wouldn’t want be in their shoes right now.

Open your eyes. The world is abandoning Russia. Hopefully it will result, sooner rather than later, in that abomination infesting the Kremlin going the way of Sadam Hussein, Ghaddafi and Ceausescu to name but a few. Then maybe the Russian people can enjoy a freer society rather than the constant repression and erosion of their lives.

Edited by Dave Richards
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Wahavi said:

It's truly sad that ordinary Russians have to suffer because of Putin's craziness. However, what is happening in Ukraine is very, very serious. We could be heading into all-out war, a terrifying prospect. I'm old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I'd say that the current situation is probably worse.

• Love 1
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

It's truly sad that ordinary Russians have to suffer because of Putin's craziness. However, what is happening in Ukraine is very, very serious. We could be heading into all-out war, a terrifying prospect. I'm old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I'd say that the current situation is probably worse.

I don’t disagree. I too remember the Cuban Missile Crisis. I think the key difference between now and then is that Khrushchev wasn’t insane.

Wonder if I’m now on the Kremlin kill list!

Edited by Dave Richards
Added text
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, back on topic.......

A bit above average month for sales with 18, but very good revenue of $654 gross - which is the best monthly revenue since February 2019!

It was below average until the 28th when 7 sales dropped in for $490.76.

Lowest $1.16, highest $113.30 x 2 plus a couple for $75 and 3 in mid $50s.

Average for month $36.33, better than Alamy average and best for me for a very long time.

Zoooms picked up a lot, but measures all over the place so could be a blip.

John.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

17 sales for $250 gross, $89 net. So above average for number of sales, but below average for net revenue.

On a positive note I've had some positive interaction with the new infringement team and am encouraged to hear of some decent settlements they've achieved. So, for now, I'll be keeping my Alamy exclusive images as exclusive until I see how things develop.

Mark

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Just went though what has been reported so far. Of the ones that are reasonable to determine

39 contributors have provided information sufficient to determine the gross average, of those i only found 11 to meet or exceeded Alamy stated average of $30 gross per licences. Obviously we may not be representative subgroup, and the average may be skewed higher with some of the speciality distributor, but still bad that only 28% are above average.

also since results get skewed with some large $$$ amounts, and we continue to see that the 0.15 deal does not report during the year, it wold probably be better for Alamy to quote Median licencing fee not average.  

Earned about twice as much here as I did in January but the difference is negligible since my highest license was $3.90 (the best license I've gotten here this year). My average RPD so far this year is 40 cents, far, far lower than the stated Alamy average.  Last year my average license was $40.53 (net $16.21, lowest net ever). CTR 1.19 but unless prices improve, it barely matters. I average more in a day on most other stock sites than I've earned here in the past two months. 

A few years ago, I believe it was @Wim who corrected me, that "April is the cruelest month..." but my vote is still February. On the plus side, it's nearly 6pm and it is still light outside, so spring is coming. 

• Like 1

Terrible month for me, only 5 sales and didn't even nett $100. Worst for ages. Ho hum. Back to hustling on the day job I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2022 at 19:12, geogphotos said:

Serious question Ian.

Why don't you give up with Alamy?

I ask myself that every day as it's absolutely diabolical. So much for being told as a photography student by our lecturers 33 years ago that it's a lucrative career. Depressing to say the least! I tend to take the Arty pictures for my own satisfaction these days and just enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by Marb
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marb said:

So much for being told as a photography student by our lecturers 33 years ago that it's a lucrative career. 

A bit of a non-sequitur to blame advice given in the 1980s for the state of the industry now. Most of us were probably making more out of photography in 1988 than we are now.

• Like 4

On 01/03/2022 at 19:15, Dave Richards said:

Three small sales for the month. I have passed the threshold for a payout which should arrive in my account in a day or two. I will be donating the whole amount to humanitarian aid for Ukraine. Hey Alamy, how about foregoing your cut to boost it?

And Alamy, are you suspending all business with Russia and Belarus? If not, why?

As promised my March payment has been donated to humanitarian aid to Ukraine.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1