December 2021 Challenge: SMILE

Abiyoyo

A little girl and her doll with matching berets in the airport (Logan Airport, Boston) excited about being on the Stock Photo

My daughter and a pal on the way to Paris. The watermark is unfortunately placed but you can view it here in search without it: tinyurl.com/2aw5sx27

Environmental portrait of beautiful Estonian shopkeeper in the marketplace Tallinn, Estonia with souvenirs, wool, woolen goods and crafts for sale. Stock Photo

Estonian shopkeeper See it larger here: https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?imgt=0&qt=2A20BK8 

Chappaqua, NY, USA, 8th March 2018. Perfect weather to build a snowman as the biggest snowstorm in years buries Stock Photo

A neighbor 

I can't seem to get the large images anymore. Any hints?   It's weird that I can make it larger when viewed but it's small when I pull it in. The links have changed since the site was updated. No more clicking to get the large photo, and when you get to the download photo page, the image is as small as the original search result. Thanks for any hints.

I don't have a lot of people photos but I had a lot more to choose from for this challenge than I expected. 

Edited by Marianne

13 hours ago, Marianne said:

A little girl and her doll with matching berets in the airport (Logan Airport, Boston) excited about being on the Stock Photo

My daughter and a pal on the way to Paris. The watermark is unfortunately placed but you can view it here in search without it: tinyurl.com/2aw5sx27

Environmental portrait of beautiful Estonian shopkeeper in the marketplace Tallinn, Estonia with souvenirs, wool, woolen goods and crafts for sale. Stock Photo

Estonian shopkeeper See it larger here: https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?imgt=0&qt=2A20BK8 

Chappaqua, NY, USA, 8th March 2018. Perfect weather to build a snowman as the biggest snowstorm in years buries Stock Photo

A neighbor 

I can't seem to get the large images anymore. Any hints?   It's weird that I can make it larger when viewed but it's small when I pull it in. The links have changed since the site was updated. No more clicking to get the large photo, and when you get to the download photo page, the image is as small as the original search result. Thanks for any hints.

I don't have a lot of people photos but I had a lot more to choose from for this challenge than I expected. 

Jill suggested a method that does give large images. Go to the sales page and enlarge the image. Then drag it to your browser's search bar. Copy that URL and use it for Insert Image from URL.

Paulette

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Marianne said:

Have you missed this topic?

wim

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Marianne, is that the daughter we once tried and failed to get a rental flat in Lower Manhattan? She looks like a true sweetie pie. 🙂

Thanks - yes, she is my one and only - and now she has given me a grandson - so that photo was a long time ago. She turns 29 at the end of the month. The photo was scanned from film. 

10 hours ago, NYCat said:

Jill suggested a method that does give large images. Go to the sales page and enlarge the image. Then drag it to your browser's search bar. Copy that URL and use it for Insert Image from URL.

Paulette

Thanks that's what I normally do but it no longer seems to work. 

37 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Thanks that's what I normally do but it no longer seems to work. 

My other method is to go to the image in the Image Manager and enlarge it. Then right-click or control-click and pick copy image address. After you paste it you can change "zooms" to "comp" and it will enlarge. Even if you leave it the image will be larger than what you have now.

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get my 3 uploaded. Smile is a subject I have plenty of contenders for, have whittled my short list to 30 and still can't make my mind up. I asked my wife for her opinion, and she picked all 3 I likely wouldn't have. Next time our cat is on my lap I'll try to get his opinion.

Great theme 🙂, here’s my three

This was taken down on the NJ shore at Asbury Park. This was an out take of this couple between poses for their official photographer as we walked past.  I’d have enjoyed shooting that wedding 🙂

a-newly-married-couple-smiling-and-posin

The queue outside Banksy’s Dismaland, WsM. Terry Hutt is the guy in the foreground, a well known royalist. People were still in high spirits despite queuing for hours and just being told no more tickets were available for that day

weston-s-mare-uk-27th-august-2015-people

My youngest grandson. Taken last week for my daughters Christmas cards 🙂

2HB25FY.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde

Three from me

My daughter, happy to be riding her bike off-road, and proud to be wearing her camelbak. You know you've made it when you get your camelbak.

a-little-girl-5-yrs-old-smiling-as-he-rides-her-bike-WX1X68.jpg

My son modelling the Ice cream face.
a-little-boy-5-yrs-old-laughing-with-his

My daughter registering her pleasure as she sees her big brother wipe out on his sledge
portrait-of-a-little-girl-6-yr-old-outsi

Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 4

Such a difficult choice picking 3 from so many smiling people. Here are my three.

27th August 2017. Notting Hill Carnival, London

london-uk-27th-august-2017-notting-hill-

July 6th 2019. The 51st St Pauls Carnival Procession, Bristol, UK.

st-pauls-bristol-uk-july-6th-2019-the-51

March 23rd 2019. Put it to the People March. The Peoples Vote March. Young protesters congregating on Park Lane ready for the march.

london-uk-march-23rd-2019-put-it-to-the-

1 hour ago, Abiyoyo said:

Last couple of days for this challenge. In situation like this it should be possible to select 30 instead of 8 for the final.

That is about one third of photos uploaded to comp. so would require initial public vote to find eight images from the 30 then another run off vote.😃

Allan

A busker in Porto. Terreiro da Sé. First I've ever paid to take an image. €1 probably.

a-busker-playing-a-guitar-terreiro-do-s-porto-portugal-HCFYMH.jpg

Bride and groom, Seville. Triana.

a-bride-and-groom-posing-for-wedding-photographs-on-the-triana-bridge-KK1BC7.jpg

Lederhosen, cigars and Riesling, Enkirch, Mosel, Germany
a-man-in-lederhosen-carrying-a-box-of-cigars-and-a-glass-of-riesling-H3BHDH.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

The time is over. Thanks very much for your beautiful smiling images.  Tomorrow I will post the final 8. Tough decision and very sorry for leaving behind more that are well deserved to be in the final as well. In any case happy New Year to all of you and a good entering of 2022 with a big smile 😃

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:

The time is over. Thanks very much for your beautiful smiling images.  Tomorrow I will post the final 8. Tough decision and very sorry for leaving behind more that are well deserved to be in the final as well. In any case happy New Year to all of you and a good entering of 2022 with a big smile 😃

Happy New Year to you too Jorge!

• Thanks 1