December 2021 Challenge: SMILE

Abiyoyo

It is a very nice topic, great to see some smiles!

Here come my three:

A beach smile:

close-up-portrait-of-a-smiling-girl-at-t

A zipline smile:

pre-teen-girl-on-a-zip-line-against-the-

A mother and daughter smiling while swimming in a water hole in Katherine NT Australia:

katherine-hot-springs-in-katherine-north

Keepin' smiling!

🙂

• Love 1

A few smilers from me...

Face in a garden wall in Sidmouth. (No, I've no idea either...)

a-porcelain-pottery-face-behind-bars-in-

Sidmouth Folk Festival

sidmouth-devon-uk-1st-august-2021-sixtee

Smiles before it all kicked off at a Free The Streets Demo, 2001

all-smiles-as-a-woman-joins-in-with-the-

Edited by TeeCee

Incidents such as this remind me how rubbish I am at considering emotional contexts and at using my imagination more when keywording. 'Smile' brought up six images out of thirty-odd thousand! 'Happy' a handful more. I have much to learn.

lamb-in-camber-enjoying-a-sunny-morning-G078N9.jpg

first-capital-connect-class-365-railway-train-travelling-at-speed-electric-multiple-unit-electrified-east-coast-main-line-railway-at-holme-uk-2F96EPE.jpg

julian-alaphilippe-of-quick-step-floors-the-ovo-energy-tour-of-britain-cycle-race-stage-8-london-uk-winner-of-general-classification-reflection-PK4503.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not trying to curry favour, Jorge, but perhaps you should know that I'm one of the few Anglo-Irish folks who can pronounce your name correctly. I had a friend in Port d'Andratx with that name. I practiced and practiced until I was threatened with a major throat operation. In the end, we settled on calling him George. But doctors allowed me to say 'Jorge' once a month. 

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm not trying to curry favour, Jorge, but perhaps you should know that I'm one of the few Anglo-Irish folks who can pronounce your name correctly. I had a friend in Port d'Andratx with that name. I practiced and practiced until I was threatened with a major throat operation. In the end, we settled on calling him George. But doctors allowed me to say 'Jorge' once a month. 

Could you spell 'Jorge' phonetically?

Allan

26 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Could you spell 'Jorge' phonetically?

Allan

Sorry about this, but it's "whore gay." As Ed says we don't really have the guttural "h" in English. Unless we have a cold.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

now do Jean-François to get my vote. 🤣

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

That is 100% true but as far as I can see in the Terms Of Reference of how to run the Monthly Challenge the correct pronunciation of the organiser name does not give a extra point/advantage respect to others. 🙂. Maybe in the next 2022 Alamy Month Challenge Congress in Las Vegas we can discuss to amend those TORs. 

Well . . . if that's going to be your attitude, GEORGE!!! 🤨

Jean-François? Sure, a piece of cake. Or crème brûlée. My daughter in law in Quebec is part of an original beaver-trapping family. And that's her brother's name. 😀

My best phrase in French is a thing of linguistic beauty —— the tone, the accent, the pop. Je ne parle pas français. There's no mistake in what I'm saying.

A bribe? Hmm. There are people who will do anything for a snack but I accept no blame for that. 

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

My best phrase in French is a thing of linguistic beauty —— the tone, the accent, the pop. Je ne parle pas français. There's no mistake in what I'm saying.

A bribe? Hmm. There are people who will do anything for a snack but I accept no blame for that. 

😂 I don’t blame you!

Are you happy that I can close this challenge the 29th at 23.59, Spanish time?

The reason is that I prefer to finish this year with the nightmare of selecting the final 8 instead of entering the new year with that task. I am not superstitious, only just in case. I would like to start the 2022 without that BIG problem. Thank you for your understanding. 😉

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

The reason is that I prefer to finish this year with the nightmare of selecting the final 8 instead of entering the new year with that task. I am not superstitious, only just in case. I would like to start the 2022 without that BIG problem. Thank you for your understanding. 😉

No objection from me. December is a special month. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

You're the boss, you get to call the shots.  No problem.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

Totalmente de acuerdo...😁

Phil

• Thanks 1