I have not uploaded any images since 5th August 2021. Seem to have lost the enthusiasm to process the images I have taken since then. Some bloody good ones too.

Haven't even uploaded any to P4M for some time either.   -  ????????? ( that means I don't know why ).

Allan

A change or two in the graph would be interesting.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I have not uploaded any images since 5th August 2021. Seem to have lost the enthusiasm to process the images I have taken since then. Some bloody good ones too.

Haven't even uploaded any to P4M for some time either.   -  ????????? ( that means I don't know why ).

Allan

ITMA

Allan seems like you've lost your mojo a bit but hopefully it will return soon so you will get your good images uploaded and for sale.  Onwards and upwards.....If I see sales on my dashboard and more zooms it makes me happy😄

Carol

• Thanks 1

I rarely look at the dashboard.  I keep the "Net revenue sales report" page open and use the Excel download option to get the sums for gross and net from the spreadsheet.  But I agree that Alamy could make it easier.

13 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Now that we receive such a minuscule share of our Alamy earnings, surely it's time that the overview graph on the dashboard should show our actual net receipts after deductions, rather than the total revenue for a given period? It would be helpful to have a more honest picture of things.

Alex

Indeed, I agree. In fact I made that suggestion in another Forum section recently. No response as yet.

6 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

... had one of those today in fact 🙄

Lucky you I have not had a sale this month yet.

Allan

7 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Join the club! Never mind, all good things for those who wait...

Gen

9 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Join the club! Never mind, all good things for those who wait...

Gen

I'm waiting.

Allan

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

It was only my second of the month, and the first one was actually a fake -- i.e. a resale of a refund.

I see that another "real" sale has been invoiced today, so hang in there...Sleepy Hang In There GIF by Ritter Sport

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2021 at 14:57, Allan Bell said:

Allan

ITMA

I've not uploaded since this whole debacle started...only having a small port it hits me hard...Still made a few more sales, but then that takes forever to clear. Almost at the point of getting my 1st ever payment...Almost. So how to get the mojo back? Any thoughts anyone? 

43 minutes ago, Jay D said:

I've not uploaded since this whole debacle started...only having a small port it hits me hard...Still made a few more sales, but then that takes forever to clear. Almost at the point of getting my 1st ever payment...Almost. So how to get the mojo back? Any thoughts anyone? 

Hi Jason. Just keep uploading and you'll see results. I've added steadily to my port since 2015 and I've had increasing license numbers each year. This year is also going to be my highest ever for fees.

Sales-numbers.jpg

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Jay D said:

I hadn't been uploading either since the contract change. Then I happened to take a photo the other day that appeared to have little competition on Alamy and IMHO is better than the other examples so I couldn't resist uploading it. I added some more images to make up a batch submission, but it's clear I'm now going to be very selective in what I upload, otherwise I feel it's just not worth the effort to process and keyword. I'm still uploading elsewhere though.

Mark

• Love 1
  • Like 1

My plan was to go non-exclusive ( which i have ) and diversify into other stocks but its seems to have ruined the interest. Which is strange because i was never interested in the money, just the enjoyment of doing something i really enjoy. Maybe the idea of being taken for a ride after all the effort it takes and seeing the community broken by corporate greed. But i do miss it and as usual agree with you Steve to just push through this and get back on the horse...

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Jay D said:

My plan was to go non-exclusive ( which i have ) and diversify into other stocks but its seems to have ruined the interest. Which is strange because i was never interested in the money, just the enjoyment of doing something i really enjoy. Maybe the idea of being taken for a ride after all the effort it takes and seeing the community broken by corporate greed. But i do miss it and as usual agree with you Steve to just push through this and get back on the horse...

I have to agree, the impact on the community, the voices we have now lost, the overall morale actually is probably what has affected me the most when i look back..  This morning i had an image in the category of "i'll upload random stuff just to see, but don't expect to sell" which i did early on that actually licenced and i can't even be bothered to share it in the image sold. 

• Love 1

15 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

I have to agree, the impact on the community, the voices we have now lost, the overall morale actually is probably what has affected me the most when i look back..  This morning i had an image in the category of "i'll upload random stuff just to see, but don't expect to sell" which i did early on that actually licenced and i can't even be bothered to share it in the image sold. 

Exactly, its what seperated Alamy from the rest. They don't get it...Anyway, you have a really strong portfolio and i'd like to see your licensed image... ;) 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jay D said:

Exactly, its what seperated Alamy from the rest. They don't get it...Anyway, you have a really strong portfolio and i'd like to see your licensed image... ;) 

actually i just had a look at the image, and because you asked i will have to post it in the sold thread, now i wonder if you are the one who licenced it 😉 

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

actually i just had a look at the image, and because you asked i will have to post it in the sold thread, now i wonder if you are the one who licenced it 😉 

You're right very random, but it sold...I also wonder why people do such things to trees but it wasn't me inscribing J D or purchasing :)