38 minutes ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

I have recently got a bunch of direct sales, not through distribution, in countries like France, Germany, Italy and India as well as Ireland. Still for peanuts, but...

Rolf

Stockholm, Sweden

That is good news Rolf.

Allan

• Love 1

On 06/09/2021 at 09:42, Stokie said:

My sales have reached the same level as last year already.

At this rate, it should be the best year ever for sales in 14 years.

John.

My sales to date have bettered the whole of last years.

But this is what is needed to account for the drop in income.

Allan

Just to clarify I was talking sales volume, not revenue which is still below last years to date.🥺

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

My sales to date have bettered the whole of last years.

But this is what is needed to account for the drop in income.

Allan

Very true Allan.

Revenue is at 77% of last year's total, and of course 7 months will have been at 50% so we will need to sell more just to stand still.

However, sales could have gone down too, so it's not all bad.

John.

Edited by Stokie

21 hours ago, Stokie said:

My sales have reached the same level as last year already.

At this rate, it should be the best year ever for sales in 14 years.

John.

Well done!  My sales surpassed last year’s back in early August. I just wish the fees were better…

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Early days but  recent sales volume looking a lot better, however overall not extraordinarily higher than last year at this time. Overall gross income down, again, and of course net income well down. We'll have a clearer picture come the year end.

Edited by Bryan

I can also report an uptick in sales and gross revenue looks certain that it will exceed last year with well over a quarter of the year to go.

Obviously the big negative is the commission decrease.

Having said that I would wait for 6 months to decide about continuing to contribute I am, after 3 months, at least feeling that a way may be found to continue in stock. This is probably quite a big part of wishful thinking in that because I do WANT to continue with stock.

But I do think I can see strategies to make it sustainable. Fingers crossed.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I can also report an uptick in sales and gross revenue looks certain that it will exceed last year with well over a quarter of the year to go.

Obviously the big negative is the commission decrease.

Having said that I would wait for 6 months to decide about continuing to contribute I am, after 3 months, at least feeling that a way may be found to continue in stock. This is probably quite a big part of wishful thinking in that because I do WANT to continue with stock.

But I do think I can see strategies to make it sustainable. Fingers crossed.

Isn't wishful thinking meant to be optimism bias these days? Just asking? 🙃

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

You looked to have trimmed your portfolio by 3K+ as well geogphotos - more with less or related to the 2021 contract change and risk mitigation?

3 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

You looked to have trimmed your portfolio by 3K+ as well geogphotos - more with less or related to the 2021 contract change and risk mitigation?

I deleted all the digital copies I had made of other people's old 1960s slides. 

I had planned to. build a website using them but Photoshelter hasn't got its act together still. 

Still getting a lot of direct sales. Difficult to do meaningful comparisons when I've growing my collection from such a small base, everything is quite hit and miss from month to month. BUT, I've just surpassed my highest ever gross (which was from 2018, although my collection is a lot bigger now). And currently getting some good prices and regular sales; possibly makes up for the commission cut....??? 🤔 Guess we need a 20% uplift in our sales/gross to break even with where we were previously.

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Guess we need a 20% uplift in our sales/gross to break even with where we were previously.

Yes, it'll be hard to replace that shortfall with extra sales. Fingers crossed that Alamy - with PA's extra 'muscle' - can exploit this vast compendium of imagery (rather than just exploiting the contributors 🙁)...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Still getting a lot of direct sales. Difficult to do meaningful comparisons when I've growing my collection from such a small base, everything is quite hit and miss from month to month. BUT, I've just surpassed my highest ever gross (which was from 2018, although my collection is a lot bigger now). And currently getting some good prices and regular sales; possibly makes up for the commission cut....??? 🤔 Guess we need a 20% uplift in our sales/gross to break even with where we were previously.

We need a 25% uplift in sales to pay for the 20% reduction in out income from A as long as prices remain at these levels.

Allan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I take it all back! I have this month had two $3-sales and today a sale for $1,63 showed up. I mean, what's the point? I will never understand how it is a good business to sell at that price, Just the handling of that sale must cost Alamy much more. And no, my take won't buy a cup of coffee!

Rolf in Stockholm

Edited by Rolf Adlercreutz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

I take it all back! I have this month had two $3-sales and today a sale for $1,63 showed up. I mean, what's the point? I will never understand how it is a good business to sell at that price, Just the handling of that sale must cost Alamy much more. And no, my take won't buy a cup of coffee!

Rolf in Stockholm

i guess Alamy feels that the guaranteed number of image purchased as a whole from certain large critically tragic buyers is worth it for them.  The problem is we only get one or two, so it makes no difference for individuals, except maybe to help pay for some overhead which in the end need to be payed by all sales. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, David eastley said:

its my best year ever for volume and value of sales. Seeing more $$$ sales than recent years

nice.  I am not getting the $$$, but the last couple of months I've doubled my usually volume and seen a jump in $35-60 price range, so a bit of upward trend vs prior 12 months.