I just got this in my latest sale statement:

"22/6/2021","22/6/2021","","","","","Other fees","Rev/Manual credit - C95GTB",0.0000,-20.0000,-20.0000,"" (stated as "other fees" in the Net revenue sales report).

Did any of you had $20 deducted from your account the same way and do you have the precise explanation for that fee?

Edit: I just noticed the pic number. It looks like an "adjustment" for a $40 sale from the month of April.

Edited by pierre rochon
  • Like 1

I had five $20 "other fees" debits today. A few months ago I had three or four, each less than $5. If it's an adjustment, why wouldn't it be listed as a refund and another sale at a lower price? Sent off a note to contributors@alamy, and imagine I'm not the only one. "Other fees" is way too vague (not to mention annoying); if they're not going to provide more info than that, they should expect a lot of questions.

• Like 1

I had two $20 Other Fees today. For me, they corresponded to two $20 Other Income (or Manual Credit in the Account Balance report) entries in early May, which I had concluded were in error and would be reversed. For the long-story version, see my "In the wrong direction again" thread a little farther down.

5 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

The lord giveth the lord taketh away and issues a debit of $16 

Effectively cancelling the manual credit of $16 from May

Computer said no. 😂

wim

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Two of the mysterious "other fees" debits totalling $3.16 showed up on my sales report today. That amount is more than I netted from two of the few sales that I've made this month. 🙁

The details will be in a "net revenue" download. Mine was an affiliate payment, I think.

Funny how they never take 45 days to clear, not.:mellow:

Edited by spacecadet

My two sales must have been through an Alamy Affiliate Partner which is basically anyone with a website that has a link to Alamy and has signed up as an Affiliate. They get 15% of the gross sale. TopCashback is an Affiliate.

12.15. The Alamy Commission for Content sales made via an Affiliate will reflect that of the applicable commission model as specified in the Alamy Commission Table and will include a 15% Affiliate and affiliate provider fee in respect of the License Fee.

These seem to be associated with sales that occurred under the old contact.

Edited by MB Photography
Additional content

9 hours ago, Perry said:

-9.23.??  looks like we are already affiliates and are charged for it🤔

My concern with these affiliate fees is that with net earnings from some sales now being so low, the affiliate fees can actually cancel them out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My concern with these affiliate fees is that with net earnings from some sales now being so low, the affiliate fees can actually cancel them out.

as i mentioned elsewhere my biggest problem with affiliate fees is the last 2 i had were for already deep discounted fee, last a 40%+ discounted PU, so what is value of affiliate in this case?  If they can bring good customers, great use them, if they are only getting people who want cheap low cost purchase, drop the affiliate- they bring 0 value. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

as i mentioned elsewhere my biggest problem with affiliate fees is the last 2 i had were for already deep discounted fee, last a 40%+ discounted PU, so what is value of affiliate in this case?  If they can bring good customers, great use them, if they are only getting people who want cheap low cost purchase, drop the affiliate- they bring 0 value. 

... or even negative value in some cases.