Have you found any Alamy photos May 2021?

57 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Cheers Iain and Findlay !

Having just read of the forthcoming change to the contract I'm reluctant to continue contributing to this thread.  There is no prospect of  my reaching the new Platinum level, and my Alamy income had been falling steadily before this further cut.  Can't contribute for a few days in any event as we're off in the caravan.  

Never say never, but not feeling good at the moment......

The announcement stopped me in my tracks too.

Lacking inspiration right now, not that anyone at Alamy cares apparently.

Have a good trip Bryan.

• Love 1

June 2021, NFU Countryside, p47, Morse key, B7E9NJ, Jake Hellbach [Alamy credit only]
June 2021, NFU Countryside, p47, Ernest Borgnine, HC0P0B, Everett Collection Inc [Alamy credit only]
June 2021, NFU Countryside, p77, tractor at sunset, 2ATWNTH, David Calvert [Alamy credit only]
June 2021, NFU Countryside, p79, land girls with tractor, KY312H, Motoring Picture Library [Alamy credit only]
June 2021, NFU Countryside, p89, Meonstoke in Hampshire, T9DPER, Julian Gazzard [Alamy credit only]
June 2021, NFU Countryside, p89, Alresford village sign, JA44BM, Rodger Tamblyn [Cutout. Alamy credit only]

ISSN:  1462-0839

• Love 2
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Having just read of the forthcoming change to the contract I'm reluctant to continue contributing to this thread.  There is no prospect of  my reaching the new Platinum level, and my Alamy income had been falling steadily before this further cut.  Can't contribute for a few days in any event as we're off in the caravan.  

That's completely understandable, Bryan, I wouldn't blame you at all.  Thanks for all your massive work up 'til now.  Enjoy your caravan trip.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

totally understand.  thanks for all you have done.  Having some fun with the Caravan, and forget about this place for a while..  

• Love 1

20 hours ago, Bryan said:

There is life beyond Alamy, Bryan!  Enjoy the trip, enjoy the photography (regardless of where it ends up) and thank you for all your hard work.

17/05/2021 Daily Telegraph (print)

An SR Merchant Navy class steam engine crosses the Dent Head Viaduct, Yorkshire. 2B247DF Christopher Middleton

Alice In Wonderland: animator Ward Kimball works on a drawing of the Mad Hatter as producer Walt Disney looks on. HBG6KK Everett Collection Inc

• Like 3

Guardian Online

18 May 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/may/18/sales-of-peat-compost-to-gardeners-to-be-banned-from-2024

Les Gibbon  -  Crowle Moor and Thorne Moor national nature reserve part of the Hatfield and peatlands of West Riding of Yorkshire, uk  -  Image ID: BERC4G

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/may/17/going-on-a-summer-holiday-good-luck

Stockbroker Xtra  -  Two Children Playing By Sea On Winter Beach  -  Image ID: BWT77J

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/may/17/risk-of-last-minute-cancellation-chaos-as-uk-holidaymakers-hoard-bookings

Graham Prentice  -  Gold Hill, Shaftesbury, Dorset, south-west England in summer, the location for the classic Ridley Scott Hovis brown bread advert  -  Image ID: EY4T5Y

Edited by Nigel Kirby
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

Hi Bryan, just a note to say I don't blame you at all! I would like, however, to record my thanks for all the hours of unpaid work you and others have put in, over the years, which has helped other contributors enormously and made the old Alamy community what it was. 

Enjoy your days away in the caravan 

• Love 4

5 hours ago, Lynne said:

Hi Bryan, just a note to say I don't blame you at all! I would like, however, to record my thanks for all the hours of unpaid work you and others have put in, over the years, which has helped other contributors enormously and made the old Alamy community what it was. 

Enjoy your days away in the caravan 

Seconded! Above and beyond the call....

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Camera Girl said:

There is life beyond Alamy, Bryan!  Enjoy the trip, enjoy the photography (regardless of where it ends up) and thank you for all your hard work.

Well said Camera Girl - and a big thank you, Bryan, also from me for all your hard work!! Enjoy your break!

Best.

Kumar

• Love 3
  • Like 2

USA, Food Network magazine, June 2021 issue

Pgs. 20 and 107, Photo of the NASA logo, could  not find...too many that look alike, credit to Alamy only

Pg. 37, Model Chrissy Teigan, Could not find this one too, credit to Alamy only

Pg. 109, The Jean - Talon Market in Montreal, Canada, Marc Bruxelle

People buy groceries at Jean-Talon Market, the largest outdoor public market in North America. Circa April 2013, Stock Photo

• Love 1
  • Like 3

18/05/2021 Daily Mail (print)

Cadbury milk chocolate flake. CF9G60 studiomode

The following three images appeared in an article about properties with a connection to the Mitford family,

Batsford House, Gloucestershire. BF3CC0 foto-zone

Asthall Manor, Oxfordshire. FWM1TW Luise-Berg-Ehlers

Swinbrook House, Oxfordshire. ADP7AR Tim Graham

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/18/eu-citizens-are-allowed-to-visit-britain-for-a-job-interview-says-minister

Tommy London  -  People queuing at the UK border immigration control at Gatwick South Terminal -  Image ID: GMR1KP

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/may/18/hybrid-highs-the-fun-of-combining-two-outdoors-sports-into-one

Robin Weaver View from the Pyg Track on Snowdon to Llyn Glaslyn and Llyn Llydaw, Gwynedd, Wales  -  Image ID: BE4J1H

• Love 1
  • Like 5

My thanks to Bryan, Shepp and all the other regular "spotters" who put the shifts in to identify pictures over recent years.

Like a number, it's time for me to reflect on the way ahead now but I have genuinely appreciated all the work done by people that have turned up images, some of which would have otherwise gone unnoticed and not paid for.  

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/may/19/the-sewage-works-reminded-us-of-sicily-bleak-local-spaces-readers-learned-to-love

Peter Lopeman  -  View from beneath Spaghetti Junction - the Gravelly Hill interchange, Birmingham UK  -  Image ID: WAHGNB

Ray Wilson  -  Large Bindweed (Calystegia silvatica) flowers  -  Image ID: BNYXAX

Gary Cook  -  Marsh Ragwort, senecio aquaticus, wildflower, Fleet Valley, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland  -  Image ID: BCYPA6

David Chapman  -  Dingy Skipper Butterfly; Erynnis tages; Single on Rock Northumberland; UK  -  Image ID: EHY1WD

• Love 1
  • Like 7

Cheers Nodvandigtid
Steve

20/05/2021, Guardian, p6, Las Palmas, 2FN344F, Alan Dawson [cropped to vertical]
20/05/2021, Guardian [Journal section], p5, sunset at Puerto Banus in Marbella, BHFH92, Harry Marx [very tight crop]
20/05/2021, Guardian [Journal section], p6, confiscated Ferrari in Marbella, 2D1G60T, REUTERS [Alamy credit only]
20/05/2021, Guardian [Journal section], p8, shops at Puerto Banus in Marbella, BK95AH, Ingolf Pompe 87 [Alamy credit only]
20/05/2021, Guardian G2, p8, still from 'My Beautiful Laundrette', HCWA8N, Everett Collection Inc

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Guardian Online

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/may/20/a-united-nations-of-how-marbella-became-a-magnet-for-gangsters

Harry Marx  -  Sunset at luxurious yacht port Puerto Banus, Marbella - Andalusia, Spain  -  Image ID: BHFH92

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/may/19/mental-health-tests-in-the-presence-of-counter-terror-units-unethical-says-charity

Neil Hall  -  Cannot find

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/19/eu-to-ask-uk-to-respect-citizens-rights-after-mistreatment-scandals

EQRoy  -  The UK and European separate passport control and immigration lanes at London Heathrow International Airport (LHR)  -  Image ID: H9AGGF

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/18/eu-citizens-are-allowed-to-visit-britain-for-a-job-interview-says-minister

Tommy London People queuing at the UK border immigration control at Gatwick South Terminal  -  Image ID: GMR1KP

• Love 1
  • Like 6

15/05/2021 Daily Telegraph Money (print)

Daffodils on display for Marie Curie Day of Reflection, North Berwick, Scotland. 2F56FXY Sally Anderson

Hammersmith Bridge, London. KWWM67 RJT Photography

• Love 1
  • Like 5