Have you found any Alamy photos May 2021?

10 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Thanks for taking the time to find these John👍🏻

Yes... that's two minutes I'll never get back... 😎

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/12/buy-now-pay-later-new-generation-debtors

True Images

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/may/12/the-employees-a-workplace-novel-of-the-22nd-century-by-olga-ravn-review-am-i-human

David Coleman

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/may/12/someone-has-hijacked-my-amazon-account-but-i-cant-get-into-it

Dzmitry Kliapitski

Edited by John Morrison
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes... that's two minutes I'll never get back... 😎

😁 

Ok, so how do you find them?

I know about Tineye and Google search but I haven't had much success using either in the past.

Please enlighten me.

9 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Please enlighten me.

I search the Alamy database with the most obvious search terms. For the pic of the guy with his laptop, I tried... man laptop red hat... which brought up a couple of hundred pix. I spotted the same guy in quite a few pix. QED.

If that doesn't work, I give up. It's certainly an interesting way to think about keywording... to be a pic buyer for a few minutes... rather than a pic taker...

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

I search the Alamy database with the most obvious search terms. For the pic of the guy with his laptop, I tried... man laptop red hat... which brought up a couple of hundred pix. I spotted the same guy in quite a few pix. QED.

If that doesn't work, I give up. It's certainly an interesting way to think about keywording... to be a pic buyer for a few minutes... rather than a pic taker...

Thanks John. Good point about searching as a buyer. 

I'll give it a go in future.

4 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

😁

Ok, so how do you find them?

I know about Tineye and Google search but I haven't had much success using either in the past.

Please enlighten me.

If you can download an image to your PC, just copy that image image into the Alamy search box. It will usually find the image you are looking for. It works just like Tineye and Google Images. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

If you can download an image to your PC, just copy that image image into the Alamy search box. It will usually find the image you are looking for. It works just like Tineye and Google Images. 

Thank you Noel.

I didn't know that you could do that🙄

• Love 1

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210510-how-to-recycle-any-plastic

Contributor: MichaelGrant / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: D0DX5D

Contributor: Klaus Ohlenschlaeger / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: 2BWMX2F

Contributor: Ivan Tsyrkunovich / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: R50TXT

Found these relatively easily by searching Alamy using keywords.
Tried the copy image and drop into the Alamy search but the copy doesn't come in a format which is usable, for me at least🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Love 1
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210510-how-to-recycle-any-plastic

Contributor: MichaelGrant / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: D0DX5D

Contributor: Klaus Ohlenschlaeger / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: 2BWMX2F

Contributor: Ivan Tsyrkunovich / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: R50TXT

Found these relatively easily by searching Alamy using keywords.
Tried the copy image and drop into the Alamy search but the copy doesn't come in a format which is usable, for me at least🤷🏻‍♂️

Apologies Tony, it only works with jpegs. BBC are using a different image type. 

18 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

No need for an apology Noel.

The information helps everyone to expand their knowledge of what's possible.

Onwards😁

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, noelbennett said:

Complicated way around it I know, however I save off the BBC (WEBP) picture into a folder, re-open in a Paint/IrfanView/other, save as a jpeg, then pop it back into the Alamy search. As I say, a little complicated, but not too onerous.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeCee said:

Complicated way around it I know, however I save off the BBC (WEBP) picture into a folder, re-open in a Paint/IrfanView/other, save as a jpeg, then pop it back into the Alamy search. As I say, a little complicated, but not too onerous.

Thanks Tony.

When I have time to do it that way I'll try as it presumably should come up with the correct image first time.

• Like 1

Daily Mail online :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9571359/Gardeners-rejoice-Experts-predict-imminent-SURGE-flowers-UK.html

Dahlia David Howard in garden border
Contributor: Ernie Janes / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: GH21JC
Dahlia David Howard in garden border Stock Photo

Canna generalis President
Contributor: Peter Etchells / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: DYFK9R
Canna generalis President Stock Photo

Cheshire Arley Arley Hall from the garden with rhododendron in bloom
Contributor: Neil McAllister / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: AT4RWF

Cheshire Arley Arley Hall from the garden with rhododendron in bloom Stock Photo
Edited by Martyn
Extra image found
  • Like 6

HHO

12/05/21

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/something-matt-would-be-proud-of-riders-minds-launches-new-support-in-mental-health-awareness-week-745639

Oberoderwitz, Germany, silhouette, woman cuddling with her horse at dusk - Image ID: D42EFT/Contributor: Agencja Fotograficzna Caro /Photographer: Sorge

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/plus/vet-clinic/back-conformation-and-saddle-fit-745503

Icelandic Horse. Girl performing the toelt on a stallion on a riding place. Austria - Image ID: F64Y5H/
Contributor: Juniors Bildarchiv GmbH/Photographer: C.Slawik

• Like 5

Cheers Iain and Findlay !

Times online 13th

World

Sundry Photography  April 21, 2018 Mountain View / CA / USA - The new Model 3 Tesla driving on the freeway in Silicon Valley,  PMMA2H

London UK. 19th February, 2016. Mohamed Nasheed, former President of the Maldives: PACIFIC PRESS/Alamy Live News - FGFBHX ? crop

Business

Mark Waugh  Didsbury Village South Manchester Suburban suburbs town village local communities suburbia terraced houses : F069FM

Times2

GRANT ROONEY PREMIUM Eton Schoolboys, Eton School, Eton, Berkshire, UK - F9170M

Gyula Gyukli  Details of the Sunship ( Sonnenschiff ) in green City, Freiburg. The solar sunship is in the solar village Vauban in Freiburg, B - EA536G

Iain Masterton  View of passenger train on Borders railway at Stow, Scottish Borders , Scotland, UK -  MW83AR

ARCTIC IMAGES  Perlan Museum (The Pearl) Reykjavik, Iceland. Perlan exhibits Icelandic nature in unique high-tech ways. - RFAAKB

Gestur Gíslason  Hnappavellir Iceland - September 15. 2020: Hotel Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon at Hnappavellir in south Iceland - 2EA2T89

Register

CLHeesen young, wild, chestnut, colt, foal, standing in the Sonoran desert outside Phoenix Arizona : R4PMAX

Ireland

Martin Thomas Photography  Busy night in Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland -  M6TRCJ

Richard Wayman An Ghaeltacht sign Irish gaelic language area - Image ID: C8YD4M

Scotland

Stirling, Scotland, UK. 7th Apr, 2021. Neale Hanvey MP, Alba Party Candidate for Mid Scotland and Fife. Credit: Colin Fisher/Alamy Live News  2F7HR4X

Longpark wind farm Stow, Scottish Borders, UK. 29th Nov, 2020.  cyclist Paul Richardson phil wilkinson,/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2DE5E64

Radharc Images  edinburgh sheriff court and justice of the peace court old town scotland uk united kingdom - CW99J0

Vincent Lowe  Walkers near Samadalan on the coastal path to Inverguseran. Knoydart peninsula, Highland region, Scotland, UK - DKCN08

David Robertson  The mountain Streap, viewed across Loch Eil, Lochaber, Highland, Scotland, UK. -  BWW5T0

News 

covid test uk drive through - can't find it

David Bagnall  Child children boy looking at Facebook on home computer social media Uk - E7ANG2

London, UK. 29th Mar, 2021. Men walk past a sign , Keep your distance' in London. Dinendra Haria/SOPA Images/ZUMA Wire/Alamy Live News -  2F63E6X

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 13 September, 2020.  BlackED Movement celebrate  David Hume Tower in George Square. Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -  2CH0NHX

Jose Luis Stephens  3D rendering of a satellite orbiting the earth with illuminated cities at night - Image ID: M9MAJK

Gordon Shoosmith  Windermere School formally known as Windermere St Anne's School WSA Private School - ARR6CM

London, UK. 24th Apr, 2021. Red tulips and St. Paul's Cathedral under blue skies  Dinendra Haria/Alamy Live News -  2FFDNBD

Tenerife, Spain. 28th Sep, 2020. Tourists with face masks near the local airport. :ARTuro Jimenez/dpa/Alamy Live News - 2CW94W0

SST Edinburgh Scotland, UK May 03 2021.  Ruth Davidson launch the Scottish Conservatives  alamy live news - Image ID: 2FKNJKW

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 7

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210506-the-curious-benefits-of-embracing-nostalgia-at-work

Three here.

Found one.

Contributor: MBI / Alamy Stock Photo
Image ID: 2AFKWRK

Three here.
Credit: Weyo/Alamy
Zuma Press Inc/Alamy
Brent Hofacker/Alamy

Edited by Tony ALS
Added content
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Iain Masterton  View of passenger train on Borders railway at Stow, Scottish Borders , Scotland, UK -  MW83AR

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 13 September, 2020.  BlackED Movement celebrate  David Hume Tower in George Square. Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -  2CH0NHX

👍

• Love 1