Have you found any Alamy photos May 2021?

2 hours ago, Sally R said:

I love this cute Sumatran rhinoceros, and it's a nice, good news story too...

Kids News 4 May 2021

https://www.kidsnews.com.au/animals/fresh-hope-in-study-of-critically-endangered-sumatran-rhinoceros/news-story/20bb85154301d2d515b8c3985e23f332

Sumatran Rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) female eating leaves, Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary, Way Kambas National Park,

Contributor: Minden Pictures / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID: H891MK

Photographer: Cyril Ruoso/ Minden Pictures

Sumatran Rhinoceros (Dicerorhinus sumatrensis) female eating leaves, Sumatran Rhino Sanctuary, Way Kambas National Stock Photo

I have very deep feelings for the little Sumatran Rhinos. I was at the San Diego Zoo and heard what sounded like a small animal vocalizing.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwIj5aJk2bA. I was very surprised to find a rhino happily talking away. They are small for a rhino and rather "adorable" in their ugly way. I watched the little one for a long time as it walked around talking to itself. Then I was happy to find that they acquired a mate and hoped to breed them. Unfortunately, a few years later when I was there the exhibit had a different animal. A zookeeper told me they had died of "twisted gut"...  whatever that is. It still makes me sad to think of it. Apparently, they are as sweet in the wild and rather likely to follow like a dog.

Paulette

19 minutes ago, NYCat said:

they had died of "twisted gut"...  whatever that is.

DON'T READ THIS AT LUNCHTIME.

An unpleasant ailment of horses and the like. Their insides are basically in a bag, not supported as ours are.. They can't vomit, so if they eat something bad they can get in a bad way writhing about. The blood supply is cut off, cue blood poisoning. A vet can investigate with a very long rubber glove ( if you see a vet with brown arms, it's not necessarily suntan🤪............)

Son's fiancée's horse has it. It was caught early so all should be well.

Edited by spacecadet

Cheers Iain !

Times online 6th

World

Roy Johnson  Looking north to Grand Central Terminal from Park Avenue and 35th street, Manhattan, New York City, NY, USA  RM0GB3

Business

WENN London’s Eurostar workers are on strike in a dispute over shift work and unsocial hours. Mick Lynch  12 Aug 2016 HC70X9

Alexandra Segova  Woman in medicine mask filling car tank on a petrol station 2C7EC8D

Ceri Breeze  Pontyclun, Wales - August 2020: New electro diesel high speed train operated by Great Western Railway.  2CB8E1M

brinkstock  Johnsons the Cleaners shop in Sandbach UK - BMD42T

VDWI Automotive  BRUSSELS - JAN 9, 2020: New 2020 Aston Martin DBX luxury SUV car showcased at the Brussels Autosalon 2APRPPX

Times2

Landmark Media USA. Emily Blunt and Jamie Dornan in the  movie: Wild Mountain Thyme (2020)  pictures@lmkmedia.com  2DM6KKF

FRANK OF IRELAND,: Peter Marley / ©Amazon / Courtesy Everett Collection - 2F9MKJJ

Landmark Media USA. Christopher Walken in  Wild Mountain Thyme (2020) . pictures@lmkmedia.com  2DM6KKH

Album  SING STREET. English Title: SING STREET. P4PWYX

All Star Picture Library TOM CRUISE, FAR AND AWAY, 1992 -  RYBHBT

incamerastock Hans Holbein the Younger, portrait painting, The Ambassadors, 1533 - 2AP1472 ? a few of these

Law

All Star Picture Library 12 ANGRY MEN, 1957 - : RYGDJK

Register

Chronicle  Battle Of Tewkesbury -  AHD9MD ? couple of these

Ireland

Maria Kraynova  Plastic surgeon examines ear of patient before plastic surgery 2B2DYF0

Tiny Ivan Pipette with Cannabis oil against Marijuana plant - R83G8Y

Scotland

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. 2 May 2021. ALBA party  hundreds of pairs of women’s shoes were laid out Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -2FKJJCD

Lamberton, Scotland, UK. 1 May 2021. Pro Scottish Independence supporters attach flags and signs to bridges Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -  2FKEYRP

Phanie  Radiotherapy radiographer with a male patient treated for a lung cancer with respiration-gated radiotherapy,  E5RFEP

MediaWorldImages Deckchair on remote empty deserted scottish beach. The Achmelvich Bay seaside at Lochinver, Sutherland, Scotland, UK  BDMR7J

News

Kevin Shipp The Royal Navy River class offshore patrol vessel HMS SEVERN departing from Portsmouth Naval Base this morning 2BW7A9P

Jeff Gilbert  New Bond Street in the West End of London, connects Piccadilly in the south to Oxford Street in the north, London, G8ECHA

Ian Stewart  London, England, UK; 27th July 2018; White Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug-In Hybrid Electric Car Charging  PBX7RJ

Elena Skorobogatova  Remote home work during the quarantine period of the Covid 19 coronavirus, when the family is at home: 2BF94W6

Simon Dack  Elderly woman suffering a cold or flu virus blowing nose on tissue paper ill health -FFHXY6

Patrick Rosyk  Palm trees in Barbados - Image ID: 2C97EM8

Ammentorp Photography  Close-up shot of young woman waist with muscular abdominal muscles. Abs of fit female athlete.  EGT796

The Hay Festival, Hay on Wye, Wales UK , Saturday 01 June 2019. Bernadine Evaristo,  © Keith Morris / Alamy Live News - TBE2RD

News in Pictures

Osmington Mills, Dorset, UK. 5th May 2021. The Milky Way glows  above a waterfall at the beach  Graham Hunt/Alamy Live News 2FM06EH ? few similar

Ffair-Rhos, Ceredigion, Wales, UK. 05th May 2021 UK Weather: Residents awake to snow in the rural village of Ffair-Rhos  Ian Jones/Alamy Live News 2FM09CB

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Love 1
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Scotland, UK. 2 May 2021. ALBA party  hundreds of pairs of women’s shoes were laid out Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -2FKJJCD

Lamberton, Scotland, UK. 1 May 2021. Pro Scottish Independence supporters attach flags and signs to bridges Iain Masterton/Alamy Live News -  2FKEYRP

👍

• Love 1

We've had this discussion before, and views are mixed.

Many readers want to see the pictures, but quite a few contributors want to know about the hits, but don't want their photos displayed here - successful ideas can be and are stolen.  I have decided to only show pics if :-

A They are particularly interesting and

B Because of the unique circumstances of the shoot, they are very unlikely to be copied.

You can't please all of the people all of the time 🙃

• Love 1
  • Like 5

06/05/2021, The Guardian, p10, St Helier harbour, T5FRD1, Westend61 GmbH [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
06/05/2021, The Guardian, p18, River Itchen, D3PKNN, Derek Payne [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
06/05/2021, The Guardian G2, p18, UB40 at Swindon Oasis, F4JHEM, Peter Dewhirst

• Love 1
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Bryan said:

We've had this discussion before, and views are mixed.

Many readers want to see the pictures, but quite a few contributors want to know about the hits, but don't want their photos displayed here - successful ideas can be and are stolen.  I have decided to only show pics if :-

A They are particularly interesting and

B Because of the unique circumstances of the shoot, they are very unlikely to be copied.

You can't please all of the people all of the time 🙃

In a quandary about whether to just post a link as I did at the beginning or to continue to post the images.

Thought that the images would help contributors recognise their work (which they would see if they clicked on the link anyway) but I understand the points Bryan has made.

I like to see what is being sold and follow the monthly 'Images sold..." thread as well.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

In a quandary about whether to just post a link as I did at the beginning or to continue to post the images.

Thought that the images would help contributors recognise their work (which they would see if they clicked on the link anyway) but I understand the points Bryan has made.

I like to see what is being sold and follow the monthly 'Images sold..." thread as well.

🤷‍♂️

People tend to search this thread in one of two ways, either a) by manually looking at each post to find their name/pseudonym(s)/pictures or b) by using the search facility to do that for them. In either case, links on their own will produce no result as they require each person to click/open the page and scan through. Obviously a link is far, far better than nothing at all - but it does require people to take it a stage further to find a result, and those using the “search” facility will of course have no idea of the links existence.

Re Bryan’s comments about the reason for not posting pictures, I shall take this on board from now on, and simply post name/pseudonym and image ref.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Cheers Iain and Simon !

Times online 7th

World

Washington, DC, USA. 11th Dec 2018. Representative Elise Stefanik (R-NY) at Politico's 6th Annual Women Rule Michael Brochstein/Alamy Live News - R7WPEN

US Air Force Photo  An Air Force Airmen tighten bolts on the upper stage of a LGM-30G Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic nuclear missile : EFKMA1

Imaginechina In this unlocated photo, cartons of Mengniu milk are for sale at a supermarket, 31 August 2019.  2A7JBCN

Business

Chris Batson  Green shoots and plants showing growth in front of Bank of England  2F9NR2C

next store UK people  - can't find it

Paul Quayle  Crossing over Severn River on New,Second Severn Bridge,Prince of Wales Bridge,toll road, on M4 motorway  EPDEN3

Mark Waugh  FirstGroup Trenitalia Avanti West Coast rail franchise WCML West Coast Main line Alstom Class 390 Pendolino train  at Mcr Pic 2C6ACGX

jumnong kunna  close up of electronic circuit chip on pcb board - Image ID: KRHYNF

Tampa, USA. 07th Feb, 2021. Feb 7, 2021; Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tom Brady : Matthew Emmons- Sipa USA/Alamy Live News  2EA5HB9

Times2

Warren King  National Maritime Museum, Greenwich with daffodils in Spring B9GJ20

ginkgo biloba tree - can't find it

Bricks and Mortar

Natallia Boroda  White puzzle. House shape puzzle. The concept of rent, mortgage. Pink background. Top view 2BDT4HP

Scotland

John Keates  Guisachan House, now derelict, was the home of Lord and Lady Tweedmouth at Tomich, Strathglass, Scottish Highlands UK  CY1MDY

Shine-a-light  Gleneagles 5 star Hotel Perthshire Scotland. -  E5T950

Realimage   Fountain, war memorial and St Giles church on the Plainstones. High Street, Royal Burgh of Elgin, Moray, Scotland, UK, Britain  TRR343

News

London, UK 27 April 2021 - Empty bottles of Oxford AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine at a vaccination centre in London. Dinendra Hariai /Alamy Live News  2FK3X5M

Berlin, Germany. 06th May, 2021. Angela Merkel in the digital Petersberg Climate Dialogue. Filip Singer/EPA Pool/dpa/Alamy Live News 2FM5HXA

London, UK. 03rd Nov, 2020. Jacob Rees-Mogg, Leader of the House of Commons .  Ian Davidson/Alamy Live News -  2D96ER5

Pat Tuson  SOAS School of Oriental and African Studies enrolment day with students Bloomsbury London England Britain UK - PPKDX2

geogphotos  Painted panels The Dutch Parlour, Littlecote House Hotel, Hungerford, Berkshire, England, UK PMTJCX

Mark Llewellyn  Littlecote House is a large Elizabethan country house and estate  2E48H2D

Edited by Bryan
Updated
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Times online 7th

Scotland

Realimage   Fountain, war memorial and St Giles church on the Plainstones. High Street, Royal Burgh of Elgin, Moray, Scotland, UK, Britain  TRR343

Many thanks Bryan.  I'm sure that was zoomed recently.

Pearl

• Love 1

06/05/2021 Daily Telegraph (print)

Colourful beach huts with a seaweed covered breakwater in the foreground, Cromer, Norfolk. C0WT4Y David Burton

The Spice Girls in the 1997 film Spice World. BPG14W AF archive

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

Times online 7th

Scotland

John Keates  Guisachan House, now derelict, was the home of Lord and Lady Tweedmouth at Tomich, Strathglass, Scottish Highlands UK  CY1MDY

Many thanks Bryan,

John.

• Love 1