Ed may be out to lunch, but everyone cant be, surely?

spacecadet

Question

It seems the Forum has been inaccessible to most of us for the last day or so.  Alamy tweeted:

"Our website is currently not accessible due to essential planned maintenance, as improving the customer experience on our website is important to us.
We can reassure you that this will only be for a short period. Thank you for your patience. We will update you as soon as the website is live again."

15 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

It seems the Forum has been inaccessible to most of us for the last day or so.  Alamy tweeted:

"Our website is currently not accessible due to essential planned maintenance, as improving the customer experience on our website is important to us.
We can reassure you that this will only be for a short period. Thank you for your patience. We will update you as soon as the website is live again."

I got that, and I don't usually follow Twatter, but they said "maintenance completed" 22 hours ago.

Perhaps everyone has just been assuming it was still down. Hi anyway.

7 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Well I can get back in now, was locked out for a while but now I can't search for photos on the main Alamy page...that is worse than the Forum being down.

Just the three of us, then- I've already had an email from a member who found my email addy through my profile. He can't sign in either.

Weird.

It seems there have been issues with the login functionality for the forum what with the server outages ongoing over the weekend... I've only just been able to get into the forum.

I couldn't get in earlier, but came straight in without having to log in this time.  The company who operates the forum is in the US and runs a number of forums for a range of people.   What it looked like was that they'd lost connection to Alamy's contributor list.  Alamy was tending to its own site (collocated in just the UK or in more than one country?)

• Love 1

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I got that, and I don't usually follow Twatter, but they said "maintenance completed" 22 hours ago.

Perhaps everyone has just been assuming it was still down. Hi anyway.

The forum log in was looping back to the entry page without changing until sometime after this morning Central time.  I removed history and cookies, and tried logging in again, but that didn't take.   Several reported this to Alamy on Twitter.

8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

............- is it just me, or do you all have more interesting lives?

Many people discuss what their superpower would be, given the choice. Yours would appear to be gaining access to an online forum which us mere mortals are locked out of.

Just back in after cleaning my car, it was pretty grubby. Good to see the forum up and running again and my Dashboard accessible and FileZilla sees my upload folders at last. I wonder how much business was lost by contributors and Alamy. What was annoying was earlier social media posts that the 'planned maintenance' was complete, then a lack of realistic updates (try again in a few minutes).