Images sold in March 2020...

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 30-March-2020 ; Duration: In perpetuity

Mid $$

flying-bleriot-xi-replica-built-in-sweden-by-mikael-carlsson-pioneer-flying-machine-by-louis-bleriot-from-the-early-days-of-flight-blue-sky-PP6365.jpg

• Love 2

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/DRN703/desert-view-watchtower-watch-tower-grand-canyon-south-rim-national-DRN703.jpg

Grand Canyon Desert View Watchtower - Architect: Mary Colter, 1932

North America - Editorial - Magazine - print 300,000, digital and electronic $$$

On the web the Canyon has been cropped out.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

A last minute $$$ live news use from February that I didn’t know about just turned up today giving me a healthy total for the month. A mass wash up of starfish.

yellowcraig-beach-east-lothian-scotland-

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

As Kay also has a similar sale it looks like it's 2021 calendar time:

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Consumer goods ;  Media: Calendar ;  Print run: up to 20,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-January-2021 ; End: 01-January-2022 ; Additional Details: Includes thumbnail use on the back page

spitfire-td314-is-a-mark-ix-supermarine-spitfire-plane-operated-by-EYB7GG.jpg

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

An unexpected mid $$ today

W20A16.jpg

Usage: iQ sale: Magazine, Editorial print and digital use.  Up to 1/8 page.cover or inside.One time use only.

Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 31-March-2020 ; End: 30-April-2020

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Are you calling Ed and I Doddery. I've been called many things in the past, but this is taking a bit too far 😡. Just joking John

I would have to plead guilty to doddery, but John was pointing at Paul and Ringo, I believe. 

One of 4 sales that dropped in on the last day on the month.

Yippie!! I had great hopes as I had the only zooms for the search, being the only images on Alamy.

This is the pub where David Bowie filmed part of the clip Let's Dance.

There's no great danger of pointing this out as the place is fairly remote, reachable only via dirt roads in dry weather, and would not financially warrant a trip on itself. On top of that, I had my picture taken inside the pub and it's displayed next to David Bowies' there. Little things in life...

2A8G9D9.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gvallee said:

One of 4 sales that dropped in on the last day on the month.

Yippie!! I had great hopes as I had the only zooms for the search, being the only images on Alamy.

This is the pub where David Bowie filmed part of the clip Let's Dance.

There's no great danger of pointing this out as the place is fairly remote, reachable only via dirt roads in dry weather, and would not financially warrant a trip on itself. On top of that, I had my picture taken inside the pub and it's displayed next to David Bowies' there. Little things in life...

2A8G9D9.jpg

Nice one Genevieve, you have a great group of shots on The David Bowie "Let's Dance" in outback  Australia 😃 I used to have the CD....China Girl and Modern Love were big hits off the Album too....Mmm i might just buy it again...Oh BTW....I put my 100 to 400mm zoom to good use and paid a visit to the Halls Gap Zoo...My wife and sister in law enjoyed the zoo as well, leaving me to get busy with my camera..

I managed a good selection of animal and bird shots, and  am at present processing more for upload....Lucky i managed that outing there as the zoo is now closed! just like many other places and businesses now with the restrictions...I might just buy a 500mm tele later in the year-and shoot some more wildlife and other subjects where a long tele is useful ..As for recouping the outlay well i know i will have to use it well to justify having it...and i can always sell it again if i need to....I got lucky recently finding a nice nugget to pay for the lens....

Edited by William Caram

1 hour ago, William Caram said:

Nice one Genevieve, you have a great group of shots on The David Bowie "Let's Dance" in outback  Australia 😃 I used to have the CD....China Girl and Modern Love were big hits off the Album too....Mmm i might just buy it again...Oh BTW....I put my 100 to 400mm zoom to good use and paid a visit to the Halls Gap Zoo...My wife and sister in law enjoyed the zoo as well, leaving me to get busy with my camera...I managed a good selection of animal and bird shots, and  am at present processing more for upload....Lucky i managed that outing there as the zoo is now closed! just like many other places and businesses now with the restrictions...I might just buy a 500mm tele later in the year-and shoot some more wildlife and other subjects where a long tele is useful ..As for recouping the outlay well i know i will have to use it well to justify having it...and i can always sell it again if i need to....I got lucky recently finding a nice nugget to pay for the lens....

Thank you William, I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo. Didn't they have a mini-hippo escapee who got shot from Halls Gap Zoo?

Wildlife photography is quite addictive, it's a pleasant challenge requiring patience. I don't know why, it's the only thing I'm patient at!! Can't explain.

You'll have fun with a 500mm except with air travel but I guess with the current situation, it's not going to happen any time soon. 

Congratulations on your nugget. I, too, have found some, only they're chicken!! Seriously, I visited quite a few opal mining towns recently, fossicking is a seriously hard activity. Well done!

53 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thank you William, I'm glad you had a good time at the zoo. Didn't they have a mini-hippo escapee who got shot from Halls Gap Zoo?

Wildlife photography is quite addictive, it's a pleasant challenge requiring patience. I don't know why, it's the only thing I'm patient at!! Can't explain.

You'll have fun with a 500mm except with air travel but I guess with the current situation, it's not going to happen any time soon. 

Congratulations on your nugget. I, too, have found some, only they're chicken!! Seriously, I visited quite a few opal mining towns recently, fossicking is a seriously hard activity. Well done!

Ahh the old chicken nuggets Ha...they may be more rare in some places now...Can't find anything about that Hippo escapee from that zoo...google won't tell me 😀 I'm looking forward to receiving a nice gift $$$ from the government relief package for pensioners....I have already spent some of it in advance on a 1.4 teleconverter 👍

Yes travel is out of the question currently, so like the many we have to occupy ourselves....I'm happy that i have a backload of images to process and upload...otherwise i would be climbing the walls.. 

50 minutes ago, William Caram said:

Can't find anything about that Hippo escapee from that zoo...google won't tell me

The location was almost correct. It happened in 2009, an escapee from the Tipperary Station zoo.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-11-16/nt-man-shoots-pygmy-hippo-by-mistake/1145336

17 minutes ago, gvallee said:

The location was almost correct. It happened in 2009, an escapee from the Tipperary Station zoo.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-11-16/nt-man-shoots-pygmy-hippo-by-mistake/1145336

Yes you were close Genevieve...That's a sad story for the animal to end that way....why prop the dead animal's mouth open with a stick, it looks like a hunters trophy picture..

I was looking at some lens reviews for a 500mm and of course there were some great pictures from photographer's trips to Africa using long telephotos to photograph wildlife....Ahh that would be the best experience....keep dreaming Bill.

1 minute ago, William Caram said:

Yes you were close Genevieve...That's a sad story for the animal to end that way....why prop the dead animal's mouth open with a stick, it looks like a hunters trophy picture..

I was looking at some lens reviews for a 500mm and of course there were some great pictures from photographer's trips to Africa using long telephotos to photograph wildlife....Ahh that would be the best experience....keep dreaming Bill.

Dreaming is healthy. You can have tremendous fun and success in Australia as well. Lots of wildlife out here, from birds to mammals, macropods, reptiles. Drop bears as well 😉

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Examination papers - print and electronic ;  Print run: up to 10,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-April-2020 ; End: 01-April-2025

geraint-thomas-of-team-sky-with-happy-supporters-in-the-crowd-after-the-ovo-energy-tour-of-britain-cycle-race-stage-8-london-uk-fans-people-PJXRK9.jpg

On 30/03/2020 at 07:33, Stan Pritchard said:

The Langdale Pikes in Winter. Great Langdale. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

the-langdale-pikes-in-winter-great-langdale-lake-district-national-B8JMJB.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 29 March 2020
End: 29 March 2025

Damn, this is beautiful. I've been following Pete Savin's virtual journey from Ravenglass to Vindolanda along Roman tracks and which he's been tweeting (with beautiful pictures) during the lockdown. All this makes me yearn to get back up there. Thanks for reminding me!

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Damn, this is beautiful. I've been following Pete Savin's virtual journey from Ravenglass to Vindolanda along Roman tracks and which he's been tweeting (with beautiful pictures) during the lockdown. All this makes me yearn to get back up there. Thanks for reminding me!

Thanks for the comment Richard, yes it is fantastic countryside. I live only 15 miles from Langdale but of course it's forbidden territory at this time. We must look forward to an end to this dreadful position we are all in at the moment.

• Love 1

For a calendar in the UK... $$

DMBM4A.jpg

Grizzly Bear Cubs in Lake Clark National Park, Alaska

They were big cubs who were still young enough to be playing together as male and female siblings. Bears become very solitary as adults and the poor males are always alone. The females at least have their cubs. (Don't mess with the cubs).

Paulette

• Love 3