August Challenge - CLIMATE

Avpics

I found this month's competition quite difficult. Anyway...

Christmas Eve 2018 - a warm day in The UK starting with water droplets on twigs in the garden. Definitely wasn't a 'White Christmas'.

south-staffordshire-uk-24th-dec-2018-uk-weather-early-morning-sun-on-what-looks-to-be-a-warm-christmas-eve-in-south-staffordshire-near-wolverhampton-matthew-ashmorealamy-live-news-R9GF11.jpg

28th June 2019 saw a heatwave in The UK.. we took advantage and went to Mudeford Beach in Dorest, UK. I was taking shots of the waves rolling onto the sand when a mother and daughter just walked into my shot and decided to play.

a-young-child-plays-with-her-mum-at-the-waters-edge-on-avon-beach-at-mudeford-christchurch-in-dorset-uk-on-a-hot-summer-day-with-blue-sky-W18CFE.jpg

We seem to be getting more snow in The UK in the last couple of years than we have in the past couple of decades (could just be my imagination but...)

reading-uk-28th-feb-2018-uk-weather-residents-wake-up-to-a-covering-M671J0.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore
  • Like 1

Three from the southern hemisphere!

Bleaching and fluorescing corals on the Great Barrier Reef in March 2017, Queensland, Australia Stock Photo

Corals bleaching on the Great Barrier Reef due to climate change (Feb/Mar 2017)

Cracked mud on dry lakebed of Rowles Lagoon, Credo Station, Western Australia Stock Photo

Drought in Western Australia

Lenga (Nothofagus) leaf frozen onto melting surface of glacier, Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia, Argentina Stock Photo

Autumn leaf (Nothofagus) on melting surface of glacier, Argentina

Nine year's old image of the shrinking Rettenbach Glacier in Sölden, Austria. (Editing skills improved since then)

the-rettenbach-glacier-in-slden-tirol-au

View from the Zugspitzplatt plateau towards the summit of Zugspitze in Germany with the environmental research station Schneefernerhaus to the left. Nine year's old image.

view-from-the-zugspitzplatt-plateau-towa

So, where are we headed?

a-sunny-winter-landscape-a-blue-sky-bare

Edited by Niels Quist

It’s been a busy month so haven’t had time to give this much thought but here are my three:

Beast from the East snow drift

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-3rd

Fog during 2018 heatwave

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-27t

Burnt trees after a forest fire in Torres Del Paine National Park, Patagonia

burnt-trees-from-fire-disaster-path-to-c

Edited by Sally