Images sold in June 2019 (one per day)

5 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Why is there 3-in-one oil in a lab? 😁

Squeaky cabinet doors, drawers, etc. Nice photo. I met Dr. Collins when he was at the University of Michigan almost 30 years ago.

One of two Flying Fox images licenced today, both for $$$. This is the 4th licence of this image via Alamy, and the 15th time licences overall, so very happy.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 01 September 2019
End: 01 September 2024

grey-headed-flying-fox-pteropus-poliocephalus-endemic-to-eastern-australia-B5BETD.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 23 May 2019
End: 24 May 2019
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

top of $$ not sure what newspaper.   From Downing Street of course.

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=8B92BE87-8EC9-46A4-ACB9-D79F8F339927

8 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

The Times or The Sun

Thanks.  I guessed it was them or perhaps The Telegraph.  By coincidence I was supposed to cover the cabinet meeting this morning, but when I looked out the window at the pouring rain I decided against it....  This oldie has no stamina 

in my defence, Downing Street has no shelter and when it is raining the Ministers dash out of their cars like greyhounds out of a trap,  the light is poor (even in the best of The Times,) so difficult to get good pictures.  

Better to try to “Hunt” down the Boris.  Or, (roll of drums) do my tax and company House returns.  Decisions decisions....

All puns intended and my own...

the-dublin-waste-to-energy-facility-is-an-incinerator-on-the-poolbeg-KRNWT9.jpg

This one was published in the online version of the Sunday Times I believe. Low $ maybe just enough for an espresso on the ferry from which I took the shot. 🙁

This of one of 14 which dropped in today.  I took a trip to Castletownbere on a whim in May, was well worth it with this sale for a nice $$$. Don't know which newspaper, though.

castletownbere-west-cork-ireland-9th-may-2019-on-a-stunning-day-in-west-cork-the-castletownbere-fishing-fleet-is-moored-in-harbour-the-good-weather-will-last-all-day-with-highs-of-9-to-14-c-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-T7TKCW.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 10 May 2019
End: 11 May 2019
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

19 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

What is a "location guide for a home owner" ?

Good question.  I had one of these this morning and am as baffled as you.  Estate Agent, perhaps?

The image in question:

Part of the plant display on The Garden House stand at Devon County Show 2018 Stock Photo

Not complaining, the $$ price was better than many I get, and it's good to know that a casual shot of our trade stand at Devon County show is saleable.

4 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Good question.  I had one of these this morning and am as baffled as you.  Estate Agent, perhaps?

I wondered this. If your shot is in Devon, given as my shot is in London, the chances of it being the same estate agent are a little slim.. although your image could be anywhere!

I got a reasonable $$ price too.

57 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

What is a "location guide for a home owner" ? 🙂

I was wondering the same thing. I had two today. Taken in Hampshire.

10 hours ago, cbimages said:

One of two Flying Fox images licenced today, both for $$$. This is the 4th licence of this image via Alamy, and the 15th time licences overall, so very happy.

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 01 September 2019
End: 01 September 2024

grey-headed-flying-fox-pteropus-poliocephalus-endemic-to-eastern-australia-B5BETD.jpg

Such a "human" little creature. I love it when wildlife images help people to love wildlife. Gen's scary creatures in Australia are fun but scary.

Paulette

7 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

Thanks.  I guessed it was them or perhaps The Telegraph.  By coincidence I was supposed to cover the cabinet meeting this morning, but when I looked out the window at the pouring rain I decided against it....  This oldie has no stamina 

in my defence, Downing Street has no shelter and when it is raining the Ministers dash out of their cars like greyhounds out of a trap,  the light is poor (even in the best of The Times,) so difficult to get good pictures.  

Better to try to “Hunt” down the Boris.  Or, (roll of drums) do my tax and company House returns.  Decisions decisions....

All puns intended and my own...

Lazybones, weather was positively tropical this morning, dry and bright (well, 1600iso)

10 hours ago, gvallee said:

I was wondering the same thing. I had two today. Taken in Hampshire.

Likewise: Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

small-town-english-pub-the-three-tuns-in

I, too, thought of estate agents.  Do the licence terms contradict themselves? A little ambiguous.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Internal newsletter ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Start: 25-June-2019 ; End: 25-June-2024 ;
Additional Details: Use in a location guide for a home owner. Archival rights. Includes repeat use.

Mine was RM (as are all my images). So little difference these days.

23 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Likewise: Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

small-town-english-pub-the-three-tuns-in

I, too, thought of estate agents.  Do the licence terms contradict themselves? A little ambiguous.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Internal newsletter ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Start: 25-June-2019 ; End: 25-June-2024 ;
Additional Details: Use in a location guide for a home owner. Archival rights. Includes repeat use.

Mine was RM (as are all my images). So little difference these days.

It it could be a “Welcome Guide” for new home owners, to a region or neighborhood.   I shoot for one near me.  It shows people, new to the area, things to do, places to eat, etc...

15 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

I wondered this. If your shot is in Devon, given as my shot is in London, the chances of it being the same estate agent are a little slim.. although your image could be anywhere!

I got a reasonable $$ price too.

Frequently, people like International Living doing promotions of areas where they've cut deals with local real estate agents and developers to send them business.  Talking up areas where one might want to move, maybe.   Retirees tend to imagine that they can get more house elsewhere if they sell a house they've fully paid for and buy something smaller and cheaper. 

Archived