Images Sold in April 2019 (one per day)

My first April sale dropped in for high $$.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 01-April-2019 ; Duration: Unlimited

DYARY9.jpg

• Like 1

My first April sale, but it's a bit confusing. It's marked "not for Personal use". But it's sold for Personal Use - but for $20 and not the usual $10. Thoughts welcome please.

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
51 MB
5151 x 3434 pixels
1 MB compressed
Start: 01 April 2019
End: 01 April 2024

A4GRX7.jpg

Edited by Steve Valentia

21 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

My first April sale, but it's a bit confusing. It's marked "not for Personal use". But it's sold for Personal Use - but for $20 and not the usual $10. Thoughts welcome please.

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
51 MB
5151 x 3434 pixels
1 MB compressed
End: 01 April 2024

A4GRX7.jpg

I think that you need to be asking Alamy for their 'thoughts' on this!  Get straight on to CR.  The image page suggests that it's not restricted for PU.

Edited by losdemas

Just now, losdemas said:

I think that you need to be asking Alamy for their 'thoughts' on this!  Get straight on to CR.  The image page suggests that it's not restricted for PU.

I have already emailed them, thanks. The image is definitely checked for "not for Personal Use".

1 minute ago, Steve Valentia said:

I have already emailed them, thanks. The image is definitely checked for "not for Personal Use".

Annoying, to say the least.  I know that this occurrence has been reported on the forum before.

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Annoying, to say the least.  I know that this occurrence has been reported on the forum before.

CR tell me that because my image was set to RF, it's not possible to restrict it against Personal Use sales. I've replied to say that I can remember a time when I’ve sold RF images for over $300. For that kind of money I'd be happy for them all to sell for PU.

Doing great on wildlife this month.

This one is the new all-in license type which, compared to PU or Presentation, is not that bad (mid $$).

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Business use ;  Start: 02-April-2019 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
Additional Details: One of each of the following uses: Presentation, internal communication, student project, business website, small book (up to 1000 print run, excluding cover use), small magazine/newspaper (up to 1000 print run), a digital marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.

FJJR8C.jpg

20 hours ago, Steve Valentia said:

It is not possible in AIM to check an RF image as   “not for personal use”!

Also the PU price is $9.99 in the UK but higher elsewhere.

DB51T0.jpg

Wootton Courtenay, Somerset, that's the OH.

Nearly mid $$ but rather sparse licence details- anyone else with these? Guide book? I got that it's a UK iQ sale from the net revenue download.

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 01 April 2021Nice to be off after a dire month.

It's been a long time since my rolling month sales total was 1.

Edited by spacecadet

Well, for all of this:

Usage: Business use, One of each of the following uses: Presentation, internal communication, student project, business website, small book (up to 1000 print run, excluding cover use), small magazine/newspaper (up to 1000 print run), a digital marketing campaign. Worldwide license. Excludes advertising.

They got a good deal.

immaculate-frontage-with-columns-and-pil

Second licence of this image by Alamy. Exactly mid $$.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 21 September 2019
End: 21 September 2024
Rights include photo appearing as a thumbnail in Table of Contents or Glossary. Electronic, digital and PDF rights granted for the facsimile of the original publication. Promotional in-context rights granted

clown-anemonefish-amphiprion-percula-tending-eggs-laid-at-the-base-HT5DMD.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Usage: Newspaper Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement. One time use only.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
End: 01 April 2020

The first sale of the month. Low $$. Glad to have sales at the beginning of month.

On 01/04/2019 at 16:03, Steve Valentia said:

Fibonacci's Sequence. It's also great for dispelling forum trolls.

I Googled it and still don't understand what you are saying.....  🤫

Paulette

Lighthouse on the big lonely of Georgian Bay, part of the Great Lakes.

Personal use, One of each of the following uses: Personal use, presentation, internal communication, student project, reference for artist, personal website, personal social media, personal print or card. Worldwide license. Not for commercial use.

I look on this small amount sale as a plus, because when I sold my images direct I used to agree to these uses free of charge. They were just too much trouble to invoice. In addition if artists/students today do not have the mechanism to make the purchase, they will just use the image without paying.

red-rock-lighthouse-in-the-30-000-island

• Love 1