Extra long wait for QC

Does anyone know if Alamy are experiencing issues again with QC queues?

I have been waiting since 3rd September for 74 images to be QC and although I suspect by now something in the batch may have been rejected I have never had to wait this long for a reject notification. Thanks.

Whilst Alamy state that it can take Up To 28 working days for a failed batch notification it is usually much shorter than this, in the realms of 14 days hence my asking if there is an issue at their end and if anyone les had experienced this.

Whilst Alamy state that it can take Up To 28 working days for a failed batch notification it is usually much shorter than this, in the realms of 14 days hence my asking if there is an issue at their end and if anyone les had experienced this.

I have a good QC record, and my last failed batch (in March) took an entire month to clear. No problems since then (touch wood).

Does anyone know if Alamy are experiencing issues again with QC queues?

I have been waiting since 3rd September for 74 images to be QC and although I suspect by now something in the batch may have been rejected I have never had to wait this long for a reject notification. Thanks.

I have over 60 in QC since August. I have not submitted any further images. But what I have done over the last month is send everything I was going to put into Alamy to another agency. That is what I will do with future QC problems. That way you can just get on with what you're doing. In other words, the more QC problems I get, the less I will send in.

I have been waiting almost a week now for the latest subs. to go through, am rather surprised as the last 48 subs (going back a year and a half) sailed through.

As the latest subs were of a Vodafone building with the Logo, I wonder if there is a copyright problem, in spite of them being RM!

Tighten up your QC. My understanding is that to get stuck in purdah for a long time you have to fail QC a number of times. i don't know how many, I haven't done it, but that's what the help pages say. The exception would be if there;'s an error Alamy's end.

Tighten up your QC. My understanding is that to get stuck in purdah for a long time you have to fail QC a number of times. i don't know how many, I haven't done it, but that's what the help pages say. The exception would be if there;'s an error Alamy's end.

Your turn will come, Mark !

Maybe just slower for new people.

I can sort of understand a delay in terms of reviewer queues but it seems strange that it can take over a week for an automated system to determine that a file can't be processed? 

I uploaded a batch on Monday, and they are still "Awaiting QC."  So, unless there is a backlog of unchecked submissions, I too have probably fallen from grace and landed in the sin bin. Guess I'll have a month or so to rake autumn leaves.  Could be worse, I suppose.

I uploaded a batch on Monday, and they are still "Awaiting QC."  So, unless there is a backlog of unchecked submissions, I too have probably fallen from grace and landed in the sin bin. Guess I'll have a month or so to rake autumn leaves.  Could be worse, I suppose.

Nah, I think it's just a result of a backlog owing to the recent 'disappearing images following successful QC' problem.  I had a couple of submissions put in 23/24 hour queues, which all resolved to 'Awaiting QC': I don't doubt that they'll pass through in the early hours of Saturday morning - which now seems to be my regular QC pass time/day!

I uploaded last Sunday and still awaiting QC. Trouble is I know there is a bad image in there that I accidentally uploaded. Totally out of focus when at 100%, but I was saving it for a friend of mine whose horses were in the pic, and went and saved it in my Alamy file by mistake.  Tried to have it removed from my batch, but that was a no go, so I assume this current batch will fail.  

Make me remember to oversee the contents of the file before I add them all to the upload.

Archived