Extra long wait for QC

Running the same problem. Submitted on 09 September and Awaiting QC ever since. Been more than 28 days, but not 28 'working' days. However, when I check my last failure, it was exactly a month later that the images were marked as failed, so probably got a day to go. 

It would be good to let us know which images have failed. The reasons for failure are marked on one image typically, but never on more than 1 image. 

I have a batch of 3 sitting. It's been about 3 weeks now. Because of failed submissions in the past I'll likely wait longer for QC on future submissions until I get the green flag. It just stops you dead in your tracks for going to grab pics. If you are using Alamy measures to track needs, the need search criteria has changed by the time your photos go on sale. If you need to wait a whole month for every submission and you've lost confidence, planning shots for calendar events like Halloween, fireworks and Christmas becomes very daunting.

It has a serious knock on effect across your photography life cycle. I was second guessing everything at my first wedding on Saturday. I've even stuck to a strict style of editing too. No idea what's happened.  

I have a batch of 3 sitting. It's been about 3 weeks now. Because of failed submissions in the past I'll likely wait longer for QC on future submissions until I get the green flag. It just stops you dead in your tracks for going to grab pics. If you are using Alamy measures to track needs, the need search criteria has changed by the time your photos go on sale. If you need to wait a whole month for every submission and you've lost confidence, planning shots for calendar events like Halloween, fireworks and Christmas becomes very daunting.

It has a serious knock on effect across your photography life cycle. I was second guessing everything at my first wedding on Saturday. I've even stuck to a strict style of editing too. No idea what's happened.  

You should only have to wait a month if the submission has failed.  If they don't find any problems then you should get the passed notification in the same time frame as anyone else.  At least that's my understanding of how it should work.

Pearl

Paul - this is meant in a totally constructive way. If you are failing QC frequently, then your problem is not the length of time you are having to wait but why you are failing. Firstly, you need to look at the reasons you have been failing and correct those faults. Alamy QC is very very unlikely to be wrong time after time - you must be doing something wrong yourself. Think of it as a learning experience with a strict but also benign teacher (Alamy not me). I think you also run the risk of having your account closed if you keep on submitting material that fails.

You are clearly an incredibly enthusiastic photographer and it's really inspiring to me to see somebody so keen. You've only been doing this for a year or so I think you said somewhere else so there is a lot to learn. Really sound technique underlies everything we do as photographers. Alamy will help you not hinder you if you look at it in that way. It will only help you of course in terms of the things QC look at - there is so much else to learn as well. Enjoy the journey - there is no destination.

Cheers folks, A whole set of batches failed because of one pic. I took that pic out and re-submitted. Another pic in the batch failed. So two pics failed. I just dumped the whole lot of 100 or so pics, and never really got back into it after that. I've been doing work aside from Alamy lately and it's netted me ten times the amount I've made from Alamy. I just maybe think I entered the stock game too early. 

I've been doing work aside from Alamy lately and it's netted me ten times the amount I've made from Alamy. I just maybe think I entered the stock game too early. 

Like me, I don't think you entered early enough :)

My mistake was to focus totally on Alamy to the exclusion of other money making opportunities so I could build up a bigger portfolio. My Alamy Rank is probably crap and it won't get better until I get more sales but you can't get sales without a better AR.

Anyway, I e-mailed Member Services yesterday asking them to please let me know which image(s) of mine might have failed in a batch that I submitted over a week ago. I explained that knowing this would help me make more constructive use of my time during the "awaiting" period. The answer I received today was totally unrelated to my question and not even worth quoting here, so I'll run along now with my tail between my legs.

How do you mail member services?  Zero QC failures but about 20% "technical problems" uploading (all images uploaded to other sites no problem).  Has to be something specific to the files in combination with with the upload system here but I'm buggered if I can figure out what.

Cheers folks, A whole set of batches failed because of one pic. I took that pic out and re-submitted. Another pic in the batch failed. So two pics failed. I just dumped the whole lot of 100 or so pics, and never really got back into it after that. I've been doing work aside from Alamy lately and it's netted me ten times the amount I've made from Alamy. I just maybe think I entered the stock game too early. 

Hi Paul, I'll second what Alex said, I also think you entered the game too late.

Stock Photography was never a way to get rich quickly, but rather a steady source of income, something which one could use as a pension, or part of.

I was hoping, but am changing my plans as the day is rapidly approaching. :(

After almost 4000 passed images i got today my first rejection :(. I checked and i just made a stupid mistake. The images was not sharp. I still dont understand how i could miss it. But this shows it doesnt matter how confident you are it can happen always. Therefore check and check.

I deleted the rejected one and checked all others just to be sure and submited the images again just now. I expect them to pass.

Mirco

Hi Paul, I'll second what Alex said, I also think you entered the game too late.

Stock Photography was never a way to get rich quickly, but rather a steady source of income, something which one could use as a pension, or part of.

I was hoping, but am changing my plans as the day is rapidly approaching. :(

+1 David, 10 years to go here. Just my luck to get enough pictures online to make a decent return and I'll drop dead!

But there is always hope eh?  :)

After almost 4000 passed images i got today my first rejection :(. I checked and i just made a stupid mistake. The images was not sharp. I still dont understand how i could miss it. But this shows it doesnt matter how confident you are it can happen always. Therefore check and check.

I deleted the rejected one and checked all others just to be sure and submited the images again just now. I expect them to pass.

Mirco

Mirco, how long did you have to wait to hear about the failure? The full 28 working days or less?

Mirco

Mirco, how long did you have to wait to hear about the failure? The full 28 working days or less?

Hello John,

I waited exactly 3 days. So it makes sense i guess.

Mirco

Mirco

Hello John,

I waited exactly 3 days. So it makes sense i guess.

Mirco

You must be on the Alamy "A list." Congratulations. I usually have to "Await QC" for the entire 28 days.

John,

I just have good history....... even if it is only 3 months that i am on Alamy :). But we can easily damage the "A list" position when we make again such stupid mistakes like i did.

I've been with Alamy for six years and have made hundreds of sales, and they still make me wait 28 days. Drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm slowly learning to grin and bear it. :D

Mirco you've done well with 4000 images to pass all the time. I reflect on what was said earlier about focussing on Alamy to build a portfolio and I think that's where new folk go wrong. I've just been flooding the site with nonsense and when I struggle to keyword the nonsense I'm left wondering why I went gung ho on the uploads of people walking in the street lol. 

Never mind, we learn the hard way sometimes. 

Mirco you've done well with 4000 images to pass all the time. I reflect on what was said earlier about focussing on Alamy to build a portfolio and I think that's where new folk go wrong. I've just been flooding the site with nonsense and when I struggle to keyword the nonsense I'm left wondering why I went gung ho on the uploads of people walking in the street lol. 

By far the best way to learn is the hard way by mistakes - that way you don't forget. From the first day I got a camera, I made mistake after mistake - the trick is not repeating the mistakes.

A big differences between learning now and the dark old days before the internet became availabe to all was that not many people, if anybody, got to see your mistakes. Has advantages and disadvantages I guess.

Paul, i really think you are beeing hard to you. I really dont see the nonsense on your image. I can imagine on almost every image a article from the last pages. I dont understand wich images you call nonsense :)

Paul, i really think you are beeing hard to you. I really dont see the nonsense on your image. I can imagine on almost every image a article from the last pages. I dont understand wich images you call nonsense :)

This one Mirco. 

D8WTKP.jpg

Sat this morning trying to re-keyword it, and couldn't think of anything constructive. "Man walking past a bin" really? A guy walking past a bin? You thought that would make a good picture paul? lol 

Maybe this one yes but you hava much more sensfull one.

This you could maybe save with lonley man or single man. So something about lonliness or without relation....

1+ head down, walking alone..... so lonely man, depression, loosing job, long and lonely path to recovery etc etc

Red top attracts eye nicely and looks small and overwhelmed buy the woods...... he's so lonely, he can't see the woods for the trees  :D

Archived