Extra long wait for QC

Maybe this one yes but you hava much more sensfull one.

This you could maybe save with lonley man or single man. So something about lonliness or without relation....

1+ head down, walking alone..... so lonely man, depression, loosing job, long and lonely path to recovery etc etc

Red top attracts eye nicely and looks small and overwhelmed buy the woods...... he's so lonely, he can't see the woods for the trees  :D

Agreed. Perhaps: lonely, loneliness, alone, solitude, solitary . . . but please, don't use "loose" . . . it's "lose" :-)

dd

This you could maybe save with lonley man or single man. So something about lonliness or without relation....

1+ head down, walking alone..... so lonely man, depression, loosing job, long and lonely path to recovery etc etc

Red top attracts eye nicely and looks small and overwhelmed buy the woods...... he's so lonely, he can't see the woods for the trees  :D

Agreed. Perhaps: lonely, loneliness, alone, solitude, solitary . . . but please, don't use "loose" . . . it's "lose" :-)

dd

It looks as if he's at a loose end though :)

dd

+1's all round.  I can see loads of potential for that image.  It has a distinctly solitary feel to it: alone, lonely, lonesome, empty, desolate.

Getting back to the original topic, my 30 days of waiting for a failure are over, and have been awarded the dreaded "sold", with good reason I have to say. One of the images of architecture is certainly soft at the edges.

This has now been omitted and the remainder checked once again and resubmitted.

But it is such a shame to have 2 pages of green passes spoilt with 2 lines of red, its going to take a long time to recover, I have been taught my lesson.

By contrast I've had my first fail in ages notified in 3 days and the resub passed in 2 so the fates must be with me.

Or perhaps it's two fails in a row that condemn you.

It was just one fail, the other sub sent the next day went down with it!

By contrast I've had my first fail in ages notified in 3 days and the resub passed in 2 so the fates must be with me.

Maybe you are teacher's pet :)

It seems to defy logic. I had one fail over a year ago and I had a month to wait on that - before that my previous fail was Dec 2009.

It looks like I'm never going to be teacher's pet. Over three weeks and counting for me so far. This after six years with Alamy and hundreds of sales.

I sympathise with you John, only a matter of days now to find out what you have done wrong!

Definitely not the way to handle togs with a good record.

It looks like I'm never going to be teacher's pet. Over three weeks and counting for me so far. This after six years with Alamy and hundreds of sales.

I sympathise with you John, only a matter of days now to find out what you have done wrong!

Definitely not the way to handle togs with a good record.

At the moment, I feel like I have a pretty good prison record. Perhaps that will make me eligible for early parole.

Sorry to hear that John. I really think that Alamy should modify this failure process. Ok, you get a fail, you know you've cocked up, you put it right, simple!

If you cock up on a regular basis then, yes, sin bin for 28 days or whatever, but for simple once in a blue moon mistakes there can be little justification, if any, for holding contributors up for such an absurdly long time.

That said, I have "cocked up" a couple of times in 7 years and the longest I waited was something like 14 working days, might not have been that in fact. But, during that time I could have put right the wrong, re-uploaded and moved on.

It was just one fail, the other sub sent the next day went down with it!

I don't understand why a separate submission is also rejected if the other one fails.  Or why the whole submission fails if there is just one bad image.

Not every image is examined so it saves time to reject the batch as soon as one failure is found. Also, if one image is not up to scratch there may be a workflow problem, so the other batches fail too as a precaution. It has always been Alamy policy, it's the quid pro quo for not having content editing;  it encourages great care in submission.

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm newbie here.. and I've problem about my extra long waiting for my 3 batches.

August 1st, 10th, and 15th...

I've waited long enough days and no latest news about them.

For info: I have 8 batches PASSED and 4 FAILED

Does it mean my account being frozen?

Thanks, pals!

Archived