Extra long wait for QC

I uploaded a batch on Monday, and they are still "Awaiting QC."  So, unless there is a backlog of unchecked submissions, I too have probably fallen from grace and landed in the sin bin. Guess I'll have a month or so to rake autumn leaves.  Could be worse, I suppose.

Nah, I think it's just a result of a backlog owing to the recent 'disappearing images following successful QC' problem.  I had a couple of submissions put in 23/24 hour queues, which all resolved to 'Awaiting QC': I don't doubt that they'll pass through in the early hours of Saturday morning - which now seems to be my regular QC pass time/day!

That's encouraging to hear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. All my recent submissions have passed within 24 or 48 hours at the most, but that was before the "disappearing images" kerfuffle.

Alamy Search:

Patience: 21,008 Results

Impatience: 2,223 Results

dd

Uploaded Saturday 21st, stuck in processing for 2 days and still Awaiting QC.  Don't know what to think but anticipating the worst after years with no fails. Can't think what might have failed but just might have missed a dust spot somewhere.

The trouble is I am now accumulating a backlog of images which I daren't upload and with my slow broadband it can be problematic uploading a large batch.

Pearl

Uploaded Saturday 21st, stuck in processing for 2 days and still Awaiting QC.  Don't know what to think but anticipating the worst after years with no fails. Can't think what might have failed but just might have missed a dust spot somewhere.

Pearl

Why?  Years with no fails and now the sky is going to fall in :( after a six-day wait?  No it ain't!

:) :) :) Anticipate the best :) :) :)

The trouble is I am now accumulating a backlog of images which I daren't upload and with my slow broadband it can be problematic uploading a large batch.

Pearl

Just passed - phew

pearl

Does anyone know if Alamy are experiencing issues again with QC queues?

I have been waiting since 3rd September for 74 images to be QC and although I suspect by now something in the batch may have been rejected I have never had to wait this long for a reject notification. Thanks.

Are you still waiting, Sue? Seems like we have to wait 28 days for a rejection, regardless of past history!

Now I don't mean to say I told you so, but... :):D:P !  I will mention no names, but you know who you are, you negative bunch (no pun intended)!  :)

Mine too passed QC (on a Friday evening, too) - all now keyworded. What am I to do with my Saturday morning pre-footie, now?!

I even deleted three myself - not happy with the noise. Who needs QC, when I can be my own taskmaster?!

Finally, a big bunch of thanks to the hard-working folk at Alamy QC - on whatever continent you may be.  The backlog created with the software glitches must be enormous and you do a sterling job in getting images through QC despite the problems encountered.

Have a good weekend all!

"I even deleted three myself - not happy with the noise. Who needs QC, when I can be my own taskmaster?!"

This is an interesting point. It would save Alamy a lot of time if they removed the QC requirement for longtime -- say over two years -- contributors with good pass records.

"I even deleted three myself - not happy with the noise. Who needs QC, when I can be my own taskmaster?!"

This is an interesting point. It would save Alamy a lot of time if they removed the QC requirement for longtime -- say over two years -- contributors with good pass records.

Hmm, not so sure. I suspect I would get a lot less careful with my submissions if I knew they weren't going to be looked at. Perhaps the compromise would be to stop checking the most reliable contributors, but not telling them.

Hmm, not so sure. I suspect I would get a lot less careful with my submissions if I knew they weren't going to be looked at. Perhaps the compromise would be to stop checking the most reliable contributors, but not telling them.

Another possibility is that Alamy could do spot checks now and then (like those surprise "pop quizzes" back in high school) to keep longtime contributors on their toes. The increasing number of contributors and images is bound to put a great deal stress on Alamy's QC process in its present form.  Perhaps it's time for an overhaul.

Not sure myself!

To be honest, I should have been more careful prior to uploading the images with noise.  So really, I count myself lucky that the images concerned weren't chosen as those tested by QC.

I would hate to fail QC, but I would hate it even more if a major client licensed one of my images for a decent price, then got a refund and blacklisted me for future licenses owing to poor image quality!

The fact is that a lot of images that shouldn't pass QC slip by on a regular basis. I recently found one that had some nasty dust spots hiding in the shadows that both I and Alamy had missed. It's now awaiting deletion, and I've uploaded a replacement. With so many contributors, it is humanly impossible for QC to check every image. Personally, I think that I would be even more careful in checking my images (both before and after uploading them) if I knew that I had earned Alamy's trust (whether I have or not would be another question). 

Wouldn't it be more time and cost-effective for Alamy's hard-working QC to focus on new contributors who are still learning the ropes?

Archived