Extra long wait for QC

Glad I didn't read this thread before signing up!  Was feeling a bit uncertain when I put last two batches in (the first ones following my 4 test shots) but they have gone through.

What I'm not clear on is how often the indexing is run and, in particular, is it run over the weekend?

I'm dying to know if I'm wasting my time too... will anybody actually want to buy any of my photographs? I realise that only time will tell (and I probably need more than the 50 or so that I've uploaded so far... and possibly a colour camera).

Glad I didn't read this thread before signing up!  Was feeling a bit uncertain when I put last two batches in (the first ones following my 4 test shots) but they have gone through.

What I'm not clear on is how often the indexing is run and, in particular, is it run over the weekend?

I'm dying to know if I'm wasting my time too... will anybody actually want to buy any of my photographs? I realise that only time will tell (and I probably need more than the 50 or so that I've uploaded so far... and possibly a colour camera).

I really like your images. However, it would no doubt be a good idea to include colour shots as well. I don't think black and white does very well on Alamy. I've managed sell some black and white prints through print on demand (POD) websites.

It usually takes under 24 hours for images to go on sale (if that's what you mean by "indexing") after you have added keywords, etc. This is an automated process, and it seems to happen seven days of the week.

Good luck.

I really like your images. However, it would no doubt be a good idea to include colour shots as well. I don't think black and white does very well on Alamy. I've managed sell some black and white prints through print on demand (POD) websites.

It usually takes under 24 hours for images to go on sale (if that's what you mean by "indexing") after you have added keywords, etc. This is an automated process, and it seems to happen seven days of the week.

Good luck.

Thanks for all of the comments and information. Yes, that was what I meant by "indexing", the next batch should be up on in another 12 hours or so then. 

Hi, I just want to put the line here about "waisting time". My advice to you is that it is better to build your portfolio in more than one stock website. To be honest just I got out from the bin (one of my batches failed in July), however all the photos from the batch went on another website with no issues. Good luck!

IMO if an image is not up to Alamy technical specs then it is not good enough for me or for other sites.

Yes I do slip up sometimes, hopefully less often these days, but, as I see it, if an image is not technically correct it is no good to anyone.

I do realise that sometimes images may need to be "out of spec" to obtain an effect, witness images taken in fog etc as discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Allan

IMO if an image is not up to Alamy technical specs then it is not good enough for me or for other sites.

Yes I do slip up sometimes, hopefully less often these days, but, as I see it, if an image is not technically correct it is no good to anyone.

I do realise that sometimes images may need to be "out of spec" to obtain an effect, witness images taken in fog etc as discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Allan

Allan, I think it depends on the image. If it failed QC for obvious technical reasons -- dust, CA, noise, etc. -- then chances are that it can be fixed up and sent elsewhere (or back to Alamy, of course). Also, if it is just a disagreement over something subjective like where the centre of focus "should" be, then sending it somewhere else is not a problem IMO. Different agencies, etc. have different specs and different idiosyncracies. Perhaps you're being too hard on yourself. It's an Anglo- Saxon trait, you know.

Yes I do slip up sometimes, hopefully less often these days, but, as I see it, if an image is not technically correctively it is no good to anyone.

Allan

Allan, I think it depends on the image. If it failed QC for obvious technical reasons -- dust, CA, noise, etc. -- then chances are that it can be fixed up and sent elsewhere (or back to Alamy, of course). Also, if it is just a disagreement over something subjective like where the centre of focus "should" be, then sending it somewhere else is not a problem IMO. Different agencies, etc. have different specs and different idiosyncracies. Perhaps you're being too hard on yourself. It's an Anglo- Saxon trait, you know.

Hi Allan:

I would say that the other site is well known for harder submition guidelines than Alamy, I like Alamy for their flexibility and this is always my first choice, however sometimes especially with the exposure checks it is just too personal, sometimes if you just use a histogram automation for exposure check you can disqualify perfectly acceptable image in paritular with the high contrast black and shiny (reflecting) white objects.

I am not objecting Alamy guidelines for me they work perfect, I am only saying that if you are sure that the image is with nice quality you can use some other options to "not waist" your hard work and efforts.

Archived