October Challenge - "You Wear It Well"

TeeCee

Fun challenge!

Here's gold Elvis in Niagara Falls:

gold-elvis-on-clifton-hill-in-niagara-fa

Dressed up for Italian Day in Vancouver:

colourful-venetian-themed-street-perform

At the Scandinavian Midsummer Festival in Burnaby.  .  This fellow wore both a red onesie AND his wife around his neck for the Finnish Wife Carrying race.burnaby-bc-canada-18th-june-2017-a-man-w

I really don't have anyone especially outlandish in my photos...

So I will post the best I can:

School uniform and fake tattoo of the rebel child:

six-year-old-girl-wearing-her-school-uniform-and-fake-tattoos-on-the-EJ45P4.jpg

A speedo should be on, whenever you feel like it:

a-man-walk-by-the-blue-chairs-on-the-promenade-des-anglais-in-nice-france-PF2F3E.jpg

And long socks are the best:

lower-legs-of-a-young-girl-wearing-sport-shoes-and-long-striped-socks-MCC7NF.jpg

Not as flamboyant as the other entries.

But I really enjoy looking at the photographs from this month them.

Good topic - here's my three:

Young woman on the beach, Algarve, Portugal

young-woman-standing-up-on-a-beach-with-a-rubber-ring-round-her-bottom-E52PJ7.jpg

A father and hi schild in ceremonial dress, Mandalay, Myanmar

a-father-and-his-child-in-ceremonial-dress-mandalay-myanmar-burma-EGM37N.jpg

A masquerader posing under the arches, St Marks square, Venice during the Venice Carnival

a-model-masquerader-posing-under-the-arches-in-st-marks-square-venice-C1A3X0.jpg

Kumar

These are mostly from my first uploads back in 2008 - taken in 2007. I need to attend more festivals! Fun subject.

Just back from spending time with my new grandson - the most darling little one ever! (Grandparents are allowed to brag, right?) No pix allowed even on FB so sorry nothing new to share there - although I did get him a cute little costume for Halloween. 

From the Edinburgh Fringe Festival August 2007:

Actor from "The Absinthe Monologues" at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe walks along the Royal Mile wearing stilts Stock Photo

Young girl playing Jane Banks in Mary Poppins on the Royal Mile at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Scotland, UK - Stock Image

And from my first (and only) trip to Las Vegas - spent most of my time photographing the desert. I think of the amazing organ as part of the costume. 

Las Vegas, Nevada, 20 February 2015: A musician plays a unique fantasy organ with horns music played during Cirque - Stock Image

The Friends of Sowerby Bridge Railway Station at the station's 175th birthday celebration.

the-friends-of-sowerby-bridge-railway-station-celebrating-the-175th-F59A9G.jpg

Wrigley Head Morrismen (no relation) with their unusual style of head-throwing while marching.

wrigley-head-morrismen-in-the-rushbearing-festival-procession-sowerby-F1XM48.jpg

Couple in red shirts attracting the attention of a seagull.

couple-sitting-beside-the-sea-lyme-regis-dorset-B44YWH.jpg

Alan

Not easy. Here's three happy ones:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/GT7CET/edinburgh-university-graduation-day-happy-graduating-students-wearing-GT7CET.jpg

GT7CET - Edinburgh University Graduation day.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EPHHPA/a-visitor-to-the-amsterdam-gay-pride-canal-parade-poses-with-5-carmen-EPHHPA.jpg

EPHHPA - The annual Amsterdam Gay Pride Canal Parade. Visitor posing with 5 Carmen Mirandas.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/CP2FPY/amsterdam-portrait-of-a-happy-young-man-with-orange-face-paint-on-CP2FPY.jpg

CP2FPY - Happy King's Day in Amsterdam.

wim

Archived