Images sold in August (One per day per contributor)

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Some of your images look as if they might have been captured on another planet (I mean that as a compliment).

I hope that isn't a giant anthill. :lol:

Australia IS another planet John. I love the wilderness. 

I'll tell you a little story about this pic then. We were camped in our campervan by this salt lake. Totally isolated, no-one around for many many miles. We were having a glass of wine in the evening when suddenly a strong wind blew. We hurriedly rolled away the awning and went inside. Within minutes, the sky turned a dark black. A phenomenal electric thunderstorm illuminated the lake. Streams of water started running from the red sand hills towards the campervan. It was an awesome show of nature that will remain in my memory forever.

The only thing is that the next morning, I realised I had lost a camera plate. I thought that probably it happened when I climbed the hill in the middle (you can see a faint trail). With the rain, the surface of the lake had become like soap. I had to use my tripod to stabilise myself and cross to the hill. I found nothing there. Then I spotted it at the bottom of my camera bag.... 

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Australia IS another planet John. I love the wilderness. 

I'll tell you a little story about this pic then. We were camped in our campervan by this salt lake. Totally isolated, no-one around for many many miles. We were having a glass of wine in the evening when suddenly a strong wind blew. We hurriedly rolled away the awning and went inside. Within minutes, the sky turned a dark black. A phenomenal electric thunderstorm illuminated the lake. Streams of water started running for the red sand hills towards the campervan. It was an awesome show of nature that will remain in my memory forever.

The only thing is that the next morning, I realised I had lost a camera plate. I thought that probably it happened when I climbed the hill in the middle (you can see a faint trail). With the rain, the surface of the lake had become like soap. I had to use my tripod to stabilise myself and cross to the hill. I found nothing there. Then I spotted it at the bottom of my camera bag.... 

Yes indeed, Planet Oz. That's a good story. I spotted the trail up the hill, or whatever it is...

16 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Thanks. Yes, I knew it was used in the Guardian via Getty but the provincial was from Alamy. Also, they're different versions, of course.

tragumna-west-cork-ireland-3rd-july-2018-another-scorching-hot-day-here-in-west-cork-as-the-heat-wave-continues-holiday-makers-are-making-the-most-of-the-sunshine-at-the-beach-where-life-guards-keep-a-careful-watch-for-the-more-careless-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-P6WT61.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Irish Sun 26th July so fairly rapid pay out for a national.

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:18, Sally said:

Except if you’re in a vehicle, of course, in which case you are ignored. It’s now illegal to carry a rifle in Botswana. 

Very true, we did get a small collision from a female elephant once. Watching a herd coming through the bush very close to us. Unfortunately a calf came the wrong side of the land rover, the mother just wanted to get to it so we got a shove in the rear wing, once they were together they just trotted of, I had to right a typical army report in triplicate as to why our land rover was bent!

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

tragumna-west-cork-ireland-3rd-july-2018-another-scorching-hot-day-here-in-west-cork-as-the-heat-wave-continues-holiday-makers-are-making-the-most-of-the-sunshine-at-the-beach-where-life-guards-keep-a-careful-watch-for-the-more-careless-credit-aphperspectivealamy-live-news-P6WT61.jpg

Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Irish Sun 26th July so fairly rapid pay out for a national.

Used again here:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3054458/irish-weather-experts-new-september-heatwave-temperatures/

4 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Very true, we did get a small collision from a female elephant once. Watching a herd coming through the bush very close to us. Unfortunately a calf came the wrong side of the land rover, the mother just wanted to get to it so we got a shove in the rear wing, once they were together they just trotted of, I had to right a typical army report in triplicate as to why our land rover was bent!

Yes, I should have said....apart from elephants. We had to make a hasty retreat on one occasion form a snorting trunk-raising bull elephant who simply wasn’t happy with us being around.

A quick shot taken with no thought, sold for $$$.  Amazed at what sells sometimes.

Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 06 July 2018
End: 07 July 2018

schull-west-cork-ireland-a-group-of-children-take-the-chance-to-jump-off-schull-pier-into-the-water-l-r-aoibhinn-and-oran-reilly-cork-oliver-and-ati-toro-colombia-conall-reilly-cork-and-alex-odonnell-cork-after-a-cool-and-overcast-start-to-the-day-temperatures-are-beginning-to-rise-with-highs-of-around-30-celsius-expected-over-the-weekend-and-into-next-week-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-P7AE06.jpg

Archived