Kathy deWitt

Photos will not upload by web uploader nor FTP, despite tries on multiple computers.

Web uploader OK, but it's much slower than FTP, 10-15 sec per image, is that normal on a line with 15 Mbps upload profile speed? FTP usually takes 2-3 secs.

Edit; upload stalled and abandoned. Be nice to hear from Alamy on this.

Edited by spacecadet

Now working on FTP.

Always reassuring to know it's not me.

Web upload meanwhile OK on another browser. So, so s l o w though compared with what I'm used to.

Tried this morning to upload 3 images with FTP . The upload seemed to be ok, but the images don't show in AIM after 3 hours... 

Today ftp transfer very very slow to Alamy from Photoshelter, whizzing off to other agency so suggests that the problem is at Alamy's end.

No problems with upload here. But just small batch of seven images.

Jill

I0000pvbVAZPyWpU.jpg

Started at 2.20, screenshot approx 2.40pm

Edited by geogphotos

I've just uploaded a mid-sized batch (circa 50), via the web uploader. Seemed fine now. Slow but that's probably a combination of larger file size & slow upload speed on my home line. Maybe all the Harry&Maggie frenzy is taking its toll on the world wide webbo ;)

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

My upload is back to normal. 

Edo

No it not! I uploaded a few images at 5AM NY time this morning, and they are still in the blacked-out processing stage. That's 5 hours! 

26 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

No it not! I uploaded a few images at 5AM NY time this morning, and they are still in the blacked-out processing stage. That's 5 hours! 

Me too.  Uploaded fine, but still sitting in processing.  Didn't this happen a couple of years ago as well?

Jill

Hi everyone

As you have noticed we've experienced some technical issues with one of our servers this weekend. The issue should now be fixed, so if you have any further problems with upload, please contact our Contributor Relations Team (contributors@alamy.com)

Thanks

Alamy

Mine have just passed QC - including the ones I referred to above as being sent 2.20 pm.

After 10 h,  my 3 images I uploaded by ftp this morning are visible in AIM. 

Don't know if this is related to the uploading problem, but MyAlamy has been "unavailable" for the last few hours. Hope it's not another software type issue. :unsure:

5 hours ago, pablo said:

Don't know if this is related to the uploading problem, but MyAlamy has been "unavailable" for the last few hours. Hope it's not another software type issue. :unsure:

I've had this on my Dashboard as well as Net Revenue. I've found re-loading the page once or twice eventually brings up the data.

6 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

My images are finally showing in AIM.

Jill

Same here, seems they're working on the problems. Must be tricky as there's never a "quiet time" for the upload tools, with that many different contributor locations and time zones involved.

Anyone still have problems with the uploader - I tried to do 12 yesterday, it uploaded the first 4 then froze. I had to end the session and re-uploaded the remaining 8. Same issue this afternoon - tried 9, managed 2 but it stopped. Tried the remaining 7 and only 2 worked again. Now frozen again.

Before I check with Alamy, thought I would check for similar issues for anyone else. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Gary Clarke said:

Anyone still have problems with the uploader - I tried to do 12 yesterday, it uploaded the first 4 then froze. I had to end the session and re-uploaded the remaining 8. Same issue this afternoon - tried 9, managed 2 but it stopped. Tried the remaining 7 and only 2 worked again. Now frozen again.

Before I check with Alamy, thought I would check for similar issues for anyone else. Thanks.

FTP is fine today. Try it.

I only used the uploader the other day because of the server problems with FTP, but even so i had to abandon it a couple of times. I won't be bothering again, especially as it's about a tenth the speed of FTP.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

FTP is fine today. Try it.

I only used the uploader the other day because of the server problems with FTP, but even so i had to abandon it a couple of times. I won't be bothering again, especially as it's about a tenth the speed of FTP.

Never used the FTP - hardly seemed worthwhile as I tend to upload just 10-20 images at a time but sounds like I may have to give it a go. Thanks.

Filezilla. Two clicks and a drag and it goes like greased lightning.

Download it now and they'll catch QC for tomorrow.

Credentials here. There's a bit of a learning curve but it's quite easy to negotiate without crampons.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1