Just wondering if members would be willing to share what their % sales are "Personal Use" compared to, what might be termed "normal sales". For example sales for editorial, books, etc.

I opted out of PU in the early days so have no way of checking this from my own sales figures.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Allan

1 hour ago, Futterwithtrees said:

Would someone like to say why they have opted out of personal sales. I would have thought that Half a loaf is better than no bread at all. What am I missing on this issue please.

I opted out as I am think of selling for PU myself one day and would rather glean a better price on the basis if someone wants it for the wall they must come to me.

Allan

1 hour ago, Futterwithtrees said:

Would someone like to say why they have opted out of personal sales. I would have thought that Half a loaf is better than no bread at all. What am I missing on this issue please.

I opted out because I refuse to let my work sell for $2 or $3 after all the work I put in.

From what I have seen from above figures (apart from Marks 14%) it hardly seems worth while joining the PU scheme.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

From what I have seen from above figures (apart from Marks 14%) it hardly seems worth while joining the PU scheme.

Allan

Of course it also buys you improved rank. I'm very surprised how high I rate in some searches.

My PU sales have all been between $10 and $15. But so have quite a few non-PU sales. So on balance I'm happy to stay in. I do check from time to time to see if they turn up on the web but so far I haven't seen any.

Alan

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

I opted out because I refuse to let my work sell for $2 or $3 after all the work I put in.

I've never had any PU sales that low. Most of mine are for $19.99, which is about $10 net, higher than some direct sales these days.

I'm not crazy about PU either, but the amounts do add up.

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I've never had any PU sales that low. Most of mine are for $19.99, which is about $10 net, higher than some direct sales these days.

I'm not crazy about PU either, but the amounts do add up.

$10 Canadian is about £5.80 GBP. Not crazy about that low a figure but if I could sell 1000 PU at that price (my cut) it would be worth it.

How many PU sales have you had John?

Allan

There are certainly plenty of lower fees than PU about.

Unless you opt out of NS, distro and presentation as well.

If I did that my averages would look better, sure, but I'd be saying goodbye to maybe 15% of my business. As I've said, I have a use for that money.

11 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

$10 Canadian is about £5.80 GBP. Not crazy about that low a figure but if I could sell 1000 PU at that price (my cut) it would be worth it.

How many PU sales have you had John?

Allan

Actually that's ten bucks USD, not CAN.

Seven PU's so far this year.

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Actually that's ten bucks USD, not CAN.

Seven PU's so far this year.

$10 US about £7.50.  That's better, but still need to sell a lot at that price.

Allan

Just now, Allan Bell said:

$10 US about £7.50.  That's better, but still need to sell a lot at that price.

Allan

You need to sell a lot of anything these days...

BTW, not all are $19.99. One this month was $15, an "image pack" deal perhaps.

Better than naught as my British mother used to say. B)

Would be happy to provide details but need a quick way to quantify the number of PU sales over a year. Sales history tells the story but I can't download as a spreadsheet, while the downloadable sales report doesn't appear to include that level of detail. It's probably me missing the obvious!  Any better methods available?

For the record 2 PU sales this month to date for $19.99 and just over half that with a presentation deal for another $19.99 - not sure if that counts, it's not described as PU.

16 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Would be happy to provide details but need a quick way to quantify the number of PU sales over a year. Sales history tells the story but I can't download as a spreadsheet, while the downloadable sales report doesn't appear to include that level of detail. It's probably me missing the obvious!  Any better methods available?

For the record 2 PU sales this month to date for $19.99 and just over half that with a presentation deal for another $19.99 - not sure if that counts, it's not described as PU.

"Summary of images sold" then do a text search. "Personal use" as a phrase appears once per licence. So in FF ctrl-F gets you the number of occurrences on the page.

I hadn't included presentation in my count. I have a few of those.

Thanks Mark

13 PU over previous 12 months 

8 presentations over previous 12 months

Total 21 or about 11% of all sales (and not the worst paying by any means)

Archived